First Grow - T5 Organic Grow

keepsten

Hi, just joined the forum and looking to get some help from the community add I try and figure this all out. I have two grows that were completed using hydro and an 800 watt hps light a few years ago but trying something new this time.

This grow... I've got one 4ft and a 2ft 8 tube t5 set up from hydro farm. Using bag seed given to me from a friend. Claims to be ak47. I started them about 3 weeks ago from seed in trays and just transplanted them into 2ltr containers. I plan on finishing this crop sog style to find some females and then going to clone them and do scrog next grow. I've got 24 plants at the moment and another 12 more that just sprouted.

One thing I need to figure out is cooling. I have 2 6 inch centrifugal fans just can't figure out how to install them yet. I was thinking of cutting a hole in the floor of my shed and sticking one top of it to draw in fresh air and hopefully cooler from under the shed. Then putting the other above it to vent it out. But I was wondering if you think I could get away with just the hole and an exhaust fan. My grow area is about 4ft w, 4ft high and 7ft long.

Thanks for reading. Lots of info on here to digest but I'm trying to keep it simple.

Here are some pictures. The terms were really hot yesterday and with the transplant, I think they are suffering alittle. But they seem to be skating pretty good growth on the new leaves. I have them some mild compost tea yesterday as well after a few days of transplanting. Dip you think the yellow leaves are shock/heat?

Re: First grow - t5 organic grow

Not sure on yellow leaves. I would need more info to have good info for that. What helps is letting us know as much as you can about the grow.
Soil,Hydro? If soil what kind?
Age of plant or plants?
What was used to make Nutes if happened after?
Ph and ppm if you have the numbers
Temps and humidity

Things like that help us get on the same page on how they are being grown. The fan problem is one that would be first on the to do list. I like the idea of intake fan drawing from the bottom to get the cool air then drawing hot air out from the top. I would put one on one side of room and then other on the far side away so you pull fresh air across room. I wish you the best and any more ? just post away

Okay sorry for the crappy posts. Hard to upload pictures on this phone (android) I got forum runner and still can't figure it out.

But here they are. I took some of the yellowing and a group shot to give you an idea what of I've got going on. I am also starting a few other herbs, melons, tomatoes, peppers, and what not. They are about a 2 weeks since they sprouted.

Soil is about 70/30 composted chicken and horse manure with leaves and what not and Then perlite

20140516_082906.jpg
20140516_082857.jpg
20140516_082942.jpg
20140516_082913.jpg
20140516_082949.jpg

I would say heat problem big time. on a lot of the plants in there. It almost looks like nute burn as well. They are very young and do not need much nutes at all

This is some super compost I got. It works great in the garden but I get some crazy growth (two heads on broccoli and just freak veggies) But my buddy who I got it from said after a month or so of watering, the nutes should calm down. I just gave them mild compost tea (taking compost and brewing for a few days) yesterday when I took these pictures.

20140520_083935.jpg
20140520_083910.jpg
20140520_083900.jpg
20140520_083856.jpg

So an update. Couldn't address the heat for another day which the plants were not happy about. I finally got the hole in the floor, screened it up and put the fan in. Really helped and the plants that made it are showing much better growth and really bouncing back.

Sadly, I lost allot of my veggies though so well be replanting later today. Thanks for reading

Okay, so plants doing much better. Looks to be done kind of nutrient deficiency or burn, can't tell right now. Just watering with pain water for now to see if I can diagnose it later. Don't want to make the problem worse. Some of the plants that looked dead have started to bounce back. Growth is pretty dense and heat had been kept below 85 at the highest. Probably gonna end up having to place an a.c. unit in there when I seal it off come flowering time.

The peak is around 85 average right now.the shed has a tar roof and just dry wall, no insulation. I've got a few days off in a few weeks and I hope to tackle putting up some plywood doors, boxing in a window ac unit I have sitting around and getting the exhaust fan in. Right now, I only have a fan drawing air from under the shed in, no exhaust yet.

Yeah that would be hard for it to push air to a spare room. I was getting temps in the 90s that crazy week of heat we had here (also cali).

When I used to run the ac unit in the bedroom, I would get around 20 to 25 degree difference in temp. I'm just worried about if the humidity will be to low while it's running. But I hope to just run it a few hours in the worst heat. It's nice to cause it costs me only 10 bucks to run it for the month. I Plan on installing a swamp cooler for the house.

I was looking at a swamp cooler for the room, seem's they can be had for around $100 bucks, so that might be my solution. Yeah, super hard to cool down the room, but luckily, it's working at least. What area of Cali? good to see a local grow that's gonna be in the same temps as mine. I'm near the sacto area. gotta love not having to keep everything hidden as much when it's all legal!

Yeah, the can fan is blowing on them pretty good and I have another 12" fan blowing as well. The plants just look stunted for some reason. Like, miniature leaves. The nodes are really close though, like right on top of each other. My lights are running 24/7 at the moment.

I'm using the window ac cause I have it already and I still have a warranty for 2 years so I intend to run it till it breaks then hopefully get new before it's up. Otherwise, I'll probably try a smaller swamp cooler. The room isn't in the house so I can't tie into the house's cooling system. My neighbors have one and on low, it gets the house down to the 70s when is 90+ outside. Also told me it adds only 20 to 30 bucks to the bill.

I'm in San Diego.

Back
Top Bottom