First Hydro Experiment! Lemon-o-matic - T5 Grow - Advice Welcome

Thepspman

Hi guys n gals:thumb:
New to this site as my previous source is having IT issues, thought I would see what other sources of information are about. And hope for some guidance and knowledge from the many hardy pro's among you out there.
I have just started a single lemon omatic auto in a 15 litre res in a 6" pot with clay pebbles and peat pellet from germinating.
Week 1 was very slow growth to begin with. But then picked up at end of week to substantial growth now ( 1 day into week 2) now growing almost a node a day !!.
I am using a 4 x 2ft t5 blue for veg, sitting approx 4" above plant and intend to flower with t5 orange!! We shall see, keep it low watch them grow!
I shall post some pics with more detailed info as soon as I figure It out!
Any views and knowledge from t5 users would be gratefully received.
One love xx peace x

Welcome to 420mag! You'll find out fast that it's a great community here with plenty of people to help you. I'd you have any questions, feel free to ask. Check out the lighting section and you'll find all the advice plus more about t5's, plus the journal action has invaluable information.

Re: First hydro experiment!! Lemon-omatic. T5 grow. Advice please.

image9979.jpg

Hi again and thanks for the comments, above is my home made ebb and flow system as explained earlier..
I'm using tap water left standing for 24 hours to allow evaporation of chlorine Etc.. I'm using Dutch pro complete fertiliser pack. I'm impressed so far.. Following minimal recommendations and adding 10ml liquid silicon to 15ltr for a supplement. And reducing ph to 5.8 or as close as I can get it. What I don't understand is why after first flood the ph raises like .5 so I have to reduce again and then it stabilises fine for the rest of the week. My res a stable 65 degrees and has air pumped through. I'm on a 5 min flood and drain system every 6 hours and trying to keep a temp of 71 degrees and I have a humid of about 50 at mo but am thinking of introducing a humidifier to push it up to 70 +.
image10118.jpg

10 days from seed, end of week 1.

I was so impressed with how they where doing over the next couple of days I had to take these.
image9981.jpg
image9980.jpg

3 days after the above pics were taken.

Re: First hydro experiment!! Lemon-omatic. T5 grow. Advice please.

So today I have caught up with my journal. it is end of week 2 and I have just completed my weekly clean and change of res etc. once again at first flood after change nut jumped up .6 strange! Will reduce in a mo and will expect it to sit nicely again for the rest of the week..
Growth has surprised me again and has questioned my decision to flower her on t5's red. I'm curious but I think she would benefit from something a bit more intense........ I have continued with the growth cycle for this week and am awaiting the first signs of flowering from this little auto and will post a pic later when she awakes from her 6 hours .....

she awoke and im sure you will agree she looks beautiful this week...17 days from seed...... i have never had anything like it in soil... i have allways had a problem of getting the plant to take water without over watering it.... this method is fool proof as long as you keep it clean and watch your ph level...im well pleased with her.....allthough was thinking of reducing cycle too 4 hour as i am in a 3 litre pot..bit small and bottom leaves do sag a bit still...
end_week_2_day_17_from_seed_1.JPG
end_week_2_day_17_from_seed_2.JPG
end_week_2_day_17_from_seed_.JPG

Hi, I was hoping for a bit of feedback by now.. Is this normal growth that others are experiencing? Or do I still have a little way to go.. All advice is greatly received...regards.

Thanks mike thought I was alone for a bit.. My ph has fluctuated today shot up to 7.5..... Maybe this wont be as easy as I thought....

Thanks mike thought I was alone for a bit.. My ph has fluctuated today shot up to 7.5..... Maybe this wont be as easy as I thought....

Don't worry about the lack of responses, they are looking.
Regarding the PH It takes some getting used to and that's no lie. I try not to react too hard or fast to a PH fluctuation but rather I tend wait it out a little longer to see if it settles or try doing things differently if it becomes a chronic problem. Sometimes the PH changes because the plant just sucked up a ton of water/nutes. I didn't even use a PH meter last season and it turned out okay. I'm thinking of switching to an EC Meter though...it might make life easier.

Don't fret if things go South, this is your first time and you will learn things along the way. I've killed many plants in many different way before I got things semi right enough to harvest.

I'm confused regarding the EC readings. I purchased a EC meter from amazon and the readings state that it is in units of US
image10163.jpg

My reading after ph level reached is reading 280 x 10 so I'm presuming I should read that as a EC of 2.8!? Any ideas ? And how do you reduce it? I understand the principal of the measurements of salt in the water. But not sure how to reduce it. I believe I should be looking for 2.0 - 2.2 according to Dutch pro rec's. any ideas?

I'm confused regarding the EC readings. I purchased a EC meter from amazon and the readings state that it is in units of US
image10163.jpg

My reading after ph level reached is reading 280 x 10 so I'm presuming I should read that as a EC of 2.8!? Any ideas ? And how do you reduce it? I understand the principal of the measurements of salt in the water. But not sure how to reduce it. I believe I should be looking for 2.0 - 2.2 according to Dutch pro rec's. any ideas?

I don't know how to read or use one yet but here is a free bump back to the top.

hi... Day 20 from seed and she is showing early signs of flowering...
day_20_4_.JPG
day_20_1_1.JPG
day_20_2_2.JPG
day_207.JPG

i have struggled previously to get any good growth in the first 2 weeks of the auto in soil.. to allow it to yield a healthy harvest..i plan to change over to bloom nuits on next res change.
any feedback out there from any one having flowered with t5's would be appreciated..im still undecided ...

i have also changed to flood every 4 hours as i was getting a lot of sag, and as i am using smalll 3 litre pots i thought it made sense.. any views would be appreciated.

I flowered with nothing but 65k T5's and a couple of household type CFL 35K bulbs. I also used a hand made wall of Mylar that I could move around when I needed to.
Was that with auto's mike? Yield any good?
I want to stick with my original plan of flowering with t5 orange I have a 4 x 2ft overhead and a 2 x 2ft that I intend adding to the side shortly. I am of the thinking that using t5 will allow me to have the light as close as poss to ensure max light intensity and added benefit of no or very little heat trace.. We seem to have a lot of sky hover's about recently...

Back
Top Bottom