My First Ever Grow Under T5

Hi again wreched, In flower I'm not sure there is much you can do other than cross your fingers, and hope for a harvest. If it was in veg still you could have just let them go a little longer to heal up.
The fact that they are alive means you'll get something, but who knows about the quality or quantity, and timeline is out the window, I'm sure they were seriously stunted.
Learning experience, next one will be better. ;)

Hey guys so I haven't posted an update in a while. Here is some pics they look like shit sorry for the language but it is always so disheartening every time I open the tent. I've tried everything I've done a lot of research I've changed and changed and they still look like shit. End of the month is when we will harvest if there is anything at all. Started from seed they died, started from clone look like they are going to die, slowly but surely just looks like it. Any who can only try again if my 3rd round is as bad as my last 2 attempts I think I'm going to have to just give up and sell everything. Enjoy the pics

null_zpse929ee58.jpg

null_zps3d3fd5de.jpg

null_zpsaefd2130.jpg

null_zps02480a22.jpg

null_zpsa15c0f2d.jpg

null_zpsafbf3899.jpg

what are you adjusting your pH to? what are you feeding and how many millilitres per gallon are you feeding? when was the last time you flushed your pots with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size? what is your soil run off pH? your plants appear to have a magnesium deficiency, treat with 1 teaspoon per gallon of Epsom Salts.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

what are you adjusting your pH to? what are you feeding and how many millilitres per gallon are you feeding? when was the last time you flushed your pots with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size? what is your soil run off pH? your plants appear to have a magnesium deficiency, treat with 1 teaspoon per gallon of Epsom Salts.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Hey King
Thanks for the info! I'll put some Epsom salt today when I get home. As for your questions

Flushed 3 weeks ago
Ph: 5.6 - 5.8
PPM: 500
Medium: soiless

I put cal mag in my Rez, do I still have to put Epsom salt.
I put just quarter strength just because the plants just look so stressed that I don't want to nute burn them again.

Previous post I stated that my PPM were rising and my ph was dropping, and you stated that they are taking in more water than nutes, that I understand but what I don't understand is why? My soup is as follows

GH 3 part
Hygrozym
Bud candy
Potassium silicate
Mother of all bloom
Cal-mag
Floralicious

All at quarter strength, I don't know if it's root rot some kind if disease I'm just so lost as to what is going on. Oh this is also a recirculating system.

Thanks again king, since I'm so late into flower I don't think any thing will help at this point other than to start over.

Recirculating systems are problematic if temps re not controlled. I recently ran all 6 plants I had in a small over/under that got root rot inside of a week and I chopped'em before they had a chance to die on me. This is what sold me on The Capn's "Simple Hydroponics" growing style. Being a top feed system, the pump only activates briefly to feed and then off making little to no added heat to the res. Also, currently I am doing drain to waste which is also a plus. Capn said he recirculates his top feed during flower b/c the plants consume so much, but that's just draining the feed back into the res after gravity has it's way with the feed. The pump is still only used for a few minutes each day.

If your roots are browning, it may already be too late. I am currently using Capn's recipe of Heisenberg Tea. All research I've done thus far suggests that Heisenberg Tea will properly deal with dead root matter and help the plant to grow newer stabilized roots that don't become infected again. The recipe is as follows;

5 gallon bucket
5 gallons of RO or Distilled water ONLY (no tap)
5ml/gal Aqua Shield (25ml)
2 cups of Ancient Forest
1 TSP of Great White Mycorrhizae
1 TBLS Grandma's Molasses

After mixing the components,aerate the tea for 36 hours with air pump and air stone. Once finished brewing, apply 1-2 cups of the tea on the base of the grow medium only. Other resources suggest correcting the pH, but Capn says don't adjust it so I leave it be. When my tea is finished brewing, I check the pH and notice it is roughly 4.8-5.0. This may seem intimidating, but b/c most nute mixtures (all that I have made) increases PH values over time, the tea brings the overall PH of the medium to just below the optimal 5.8, holds it there for a short time, then gradually begins the ascent again. What I believe this does is exposes the root mass to more PH available nutrients and helps the plant from being locked out of anything due to PH, but this is just my opinion. Because I am only nursing a single young plant in early veg, I only mix up a single gallon of the Tea and use what I could before having to throw the rest out. Once the tea is finished brewing, you will only have roughly a 36 hour window to use the tea on whatever you can. The bennies begin to die after that time and the tea degrades and is no longer viable, which means making tea every week becomes part of my routine. Hope any of this helps.

Recirculating systems are problematic if temps re not controlled. I recently ran all 6 plants I had in a small over/under that got root rot inside of a week and I chopped'em before they had a chance to die on me. This is what sold me on The Capn's "Simple Hydroponics" growing style. Being a top feed system, the pump only activates briefly to feed and then off making little to no added heat to the res. Also, currently I am doing drain to waste which is also a plus. Capn said he recirculates his top feed during flower b/c the plants consume so much, but that's just draining the feed back into the res after gravity has it's way with the feed. The pump is still only used for a few minutes each day.

If your roots are browning, it may already be too late. I am currently using Capn's recipe of Heisenberg Tea. All research I've done thus far suggests that Heisenberg Tea will properly deal with dead root matter and help the plant to grow newer stabilized roots that don't become infected again. The recipe is as follows;

5 gallon bucket
5 gallons of RO or Distilled water ONLY (no tap)
5ml/gal Aqua Shield (25ml)
2 cups of Ancient Forest
1 TSP of Great White Mycorrhizae
1 TBLS Grandma's Molasses

After mixing the components,aerate the tea for 36 hours with air pump and air stone. Once finished brewing, apply 1-2 cups of the tea on the base of the grow medium only. Other resources suggest correcting the pH, but Capn says don't adjust it so I leave it be. When my tea is finished brewing, I check the pH and notice it is roughly 4.8-5.0. This may seem intimidating, but b/c most nute mixtures (all that I have made) increases PH values over time, the tea brings the overall PH of the medium to just below the optimal 5.8, holds it there for a short time, then gradually begins the ascent again. What I believe this does is exposes the root mass to more PH available nutrients and helps the plant from being locked out of anything due to PH, but this is just my opinion. Because I am only nursing a single young plant in early veg, I only mix up a single gallon of the Tea and use what I could before having to throw the rest out. Once the tea is finished brewing, you will only have roughly a 36 hour window to use the tea on whatever you can. The bennies begin to die after that time and the tea degrades and is no longer viable, which means making tea every week becomes part of my routine. Hope any of this helps.

Thanks skybound!!! I followed the capn as well in terms of recirculating. My pump turns on 30 mins after the light comes on and then 9hrs later they get watered for 4 mins with little to no run off. I moved some of the rockwool cubs aside to expose the tops of the roots and I did not notice any browning, but at the bottom I did notice some roots turning brown. As far as temps in my res go it isnt to hot in there, its 70-75 deg F, i believe i read that to be optimal.

I am currently into my 4th week of flowering do you think that creating the tea would be to late? Thanks for your help.

My bad experience lead me to read that optimal for DWC (roots constantly in water) is 65° F (+/-). Just to be safe, I'd look into getting some compost tea into your regimen. It has been said that the tea also increases immunities to slightly warmer res temps (i.e. 70°-75°). Let me see if I can find my reference.

(((Sorry, 420 won't allow me to share a link to another forum))) PM me for the link if you want it.

I hope this link does not get pulled. It's a great and slightly lengthy read all about Heisenberg Tea, ironically by a guy named Heisenberg.

Hey guys update time. I am not giving up in this attempt. It looks like I am getting some kind of yield. My plants are loving more water than nutes so mid week I add more RO water to bring down the PPM. Enjoy the pics!

null_zpse929ee58.jpg

null_zps3d3fd5de.jpg

null_zpsaefd2130.jpg

null_zps02480a22.jpg

null_zpsa15c0f2d.jpg

null_zpsafbf3899.jpg

So I got hit up by admin saying upload pictures using the gallery, but its not letting me upload multiple pictures just one at a time which is a pain in the ass. Maybe it's because I'm doing it from an ipad? But doesn't make any sense since its on the web. Anywho here's one pic ill try and figure this bs out. It's kinda yielding if I got the right pic.
image54781.jpg

Your best bet is to create a folder where your pictures are, then drag and drop each into that new folder. After this is done, go to 420's gallery, find your way to that folder and drag ur cursor over all the photos you put in there, or click on any and press Ctrl/A together as that is the hotkey for "select all". then upload/submit

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom