TheBouncer

I have 60ppm tap water I got a hydrologic 150 now its 50ppm is this normal. Didn't really change much now I am rethinking using a RO system at all. Any help would be appreciated.

I have 60ppm tap water I got a hydrologic 150 now its 50ppm is this normal. Didn't really change much now I am rethinking using a RO system at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Bouncer,
I have a hydrologic 300 and my well water has 750 ppm when I run it through the RO it comes out around 10 ppm. I have used it for around 200 gallons worth now with no filter changes and it still brings it down to 10 ppm. Could be something wrong with the unit IDK.
Really 60 ppm wouldn't be a bad start if you're using a 20 gallon reservoir, that's what I'm using for my ebb and flow. Contact them and they will help you out. I had a leak at one of the 90 degree elbows that just wouldn't seal and they me a housing.

50 PPM <edit: sorry, I meant "60"> doesn't sound like it's concentrated enough to worry about. Do you know what those PPMs are? (Check your water supplier's website). If it's just everyday "hard water," that's just a little extra mineral content to feed your plant. Me, I wouldn't worry about it. I live in an area with extremely soft water, so much so that the utility adds minerals to the water to harden it to 30 PPM to protect the pipes. You're not far from that.

If that much mineral content is still a concern, some fertilizer manufacturers make "hard water" versions of their products, but if I remember correctly, they say to use that if your water is 100 PPM or greater... something like that.

i just installed my RO iSpring 5 part filter system just the other day.
says in the manual not to use the first two reserve tanks as they will still have chlorine and possible carbon
ran the first two tanks and now my water is coming out at 2-4 ppm.

hope this helps

I see that you're in Seattle. Seattle has some of the best water in the world! It is pure and soft. There shouldn't be any need for an RO system in Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom