What we learned about Cannabis in school

rikvasen

I am someone from the Netherlands and in the third grade we had someone who was teaching us "facts" about drugs, including Cannabis.

So we went through some things about weed and we were 14 15 or 16 years old back then I can't remember exacly, but at that ages there is no way you are someone who smokes weed and if you were, you probably didn't know the things the teacher told us or the real facts. So what the teacher told us was shocking compared to what we knew about weed back then but what really shocks me now is that no one has ever died because of an overdose or something like that. So let's get into the facts and then into what teachers in school tell us...

So, Cannabis is used as a medicine and for a good reason and that is because the medical effects are amazing, I don't know if it's true but I did read something about cannabis killing cancer cells but that's something I don't know but let's get into the facts. Cannabis is a plant or a flower so to speak that you smoke, atleast most cannabis users smoke it, but Cannabis is pure nature no chemical thinks like what is in cigarrettes. What I did read and is a fact is that weed does set 5 times more tar free when you burn Cannabis because it's something of a plant. BUT! Tar is something that your lungs cleans out by itself so that's not really an issue. Soooo a big weed smoker smokes 3 joints a day which sets tar free for like 15 cigarretes... and there are people out there who even smoke more than 15 cigarettes and then there are a lot of chemical things in cigarettes.

So that teacher was someone who used drugs a lot and he even went to jail for what he did. And know he teaches schools about drugs so keep in mind that we (a school with thousands of children between 14 and 16 years old) got told that drugs are bad and stuff and that same teacher told over thousands and thousands of kids every year the same thing about drugs and even weed. So he told us that weed was expensive and when you smoke it, there's a 10 times more of a chance that you get cancer because of smoking weed.... When there are facts that no one has ever died because of weed. And cancer is pretty deadly or is it just me? And it even maybe kills cancer cells...

So I am pissed off because they are just not honest to children at that age and keeps spreading a bad image of cannabis while cannabis even is a medicine. So, tell me what you think and tell me if you also had something like that when you where young!

(I'm sorry for my "bad" english so my apologies when you notice some bad grammar)

Back
Top Bottom