Question for those experienced with Blueberry & Durban Poison strains

Randoobula

I was given two plants by a friend who does a bit too much wake and bake! I was told they were both Durban Poison from same mother. From the very start I saw differences in color and sheen of leaves, leaf shape, and plant structure and vigor. Initially I just figured they were different phenotype, but as the buds have matured I'm now wondering if he mixed them up and one of them is a Blueberry from his earlier grow.

Please tell me what you think...

This is plant in question...

420-magazine-mobile1870476322.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1390602562.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1342631861.jpg

Durban Poison

420-magazine-mobile1950729410.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1963424448.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1880979255.jpg

There are many differences. The plant in question has top buds shaped more like my Kush that the Durban. The buds below the tops are more clustered where Durbans are more spiral. And there is no comparison on the amount of frost the Durban has put on compared to the other.

Re: Question for those experienced w/ Blueberry and Durban Poison strains

Looks exactly like the blueberry I have on my 3rd grow with it.love the calming effects of it but just a little harsh to smoke.hope this helps I've never had Durban poison though so can't really compare the two.

Re: Question for those experienced w/ Blueberry and Durban Poison strains

Looks exactly like the blueberry I have on my 3rd grow with it.love the calming effects of it but just a little harsh to smoke.hope this helps I've never had Durban poison though so can't really compare the two.

Thanks Steely,

All the bud from this grow has either been made into oils or in jars curing. There is no doubt that this was a Blueberry, not a Durban Poison. The flavor and smell at definitive. My friend simply mixed up his clones.

Mine is a bit harsh as well, but I attribute that to the fact that I didn't do a full fledged flush.

Does it smell like a skunk despoiling a blueberry bush? If so, it's not Durban Poison.

Yeah if you put it that way.lol I would say not so skunks but more fruity like grapefruit with a faint sent of blueberry jam.

Durban Poison is a pure sativa and it looks like it. That plant doesn't even come close.

Durban Poison is a pure sativa and it looks like it. That plant doesn't even come close.

There are a few half-assed knockoffs (even an auto-flowering "version") of that one. I heard some guy in town even tried selling the bud from one of them as the real thing. I assume he has since... healed from the experience, LMFAO.

Now I question even if what I was told is Durban is actually Durban. It isn't near as heady as one would expect.

Guess it doesn't matter at this point, it's all good bud and I'm done with both strains.

I love a Kush anyway and they came from seed won by friend at Cannabis Cup. I'm growing out a second crop of Blueberry Kush and CBD Lullaby x Jack.

Thanks for the input!

Do you not think either looks like Durban? The one I was confident was Durban as I was told when given to me as clone, has narrower leaves but not as narrow as many sativas I've seen. It also didn't stretch like a sativa, of course I trained the shit out of them.

Nope they don't, sativas don't produce that kind of flowers.

Back
Top Bottom