Question for Jacks Classic Fert Users

I want to try out Jacks 15-12-26 hydroponic Fert. THe Company website recommends using it as a 2 part with their 15-0-0 Cal-Nitrate. I wanted to know if anyone has used an off brand other than Jacks for the Cal-Nitrate? Thanks.

The biggest problem with jacks is that it's what the rest of the world uses unless they mix they're own synthetic/salt/mineral based hydro nutes for everrything BUT marijuana.... however that doesn't mean you can't grow some killer with it though... jacks is big time... but again not specifically formulated for cannabis so you gotta get real friendly with your strains and know when to cut the calnit (usually 2 weeks before harvest based on my research... before u ask; no I have not used it yet but I am going to as soon as I run out of every possible nutrient I have and then I'm going for the 25# bags of both of those you mentioned, picking up a small bag of Epsom salts as sometimes you'll need it, but other than that you'll really have to do some digging to find a deficiency... not a real lot of mj growers use it which is why you'll have a tough time finding info about it if so far the best and most consistent advice I got was to mix either 5 gallons of concentrated liquid and use it at 10ml per gal, I'd have to get the mixing instructions but basically it's like an A/B... 5-12-26 would be A, calnit is B.... but for the most part u wanna add the 5-12-26 until you get an ec of 1.0 and then add .67ec of calnit giving u a 1.67 total ec... again drop the calnit about 2weeks away from harvest..

To answer you actual question... you can get calnit 15-0-0 at other places, possibly cheaper or doubtedly "better".... but why mess with something that's already not canna-idiot safe as it is, where you need to mix it to your strains liking (as you do with all nutes, but at least you get a baseline from the $$$ canna nutes... however sold on the jacks hydro, the exact 2 products you listed ..

I have some more info but riu is down ATM so I don't have access to it:.. if/when it goes back up I'll try n remember to post up what I found... it's good shit either way don't let anyone tell u advanced or some other retarded product is gonna get u better results... basically everything you need from beginning to end, aside from the possible mg hungry strains in flower that requires some Epsom salts... you shouldn't need anything else.. maybe he bloom booster once you get your shit dialed but that's about it...

The biggest problem with jacks is that it's what the rest of the world uses unless they mix they're own synthetic/salt/mineral based hydro nutes for everrything BUT marijuana.... however that doesn't mean you can't grow some killer with it though... jacks is big time... but again not specifically formulated for cannabis so you gotta get real friendly with your strains and know when to cut the calnit (usually 2 weeks before harvest based on my research... before u ask; no I have not used it yet but I am going to as soon as I run out of every possible nutrient I have and then I'm going for the 25# bags of both of those you mentioned, picking up a small bag of Epsom salts as sometimes you'll need it, but other than that you'll really have to do some digging to find a deficiency... not a real lot of mj growers use it which is why you'll have a tough time finding info about it if so far the best and most consistent advice I got was to mix either 5 gallons of concentrated liquid and use it at 10ml per gal, I'd have to get the mixing instructions but basically it's like an A/B... 5-12-26 would be A, calnit is B.... but for the most part u wanna add the 5-12-26 until you get an ec of 1.0 and then add .67ec of calnit giving u a 1.67 total ec... again drop the calnit about 2weeks away from harvest..

To answer you actual question... you can get calnit 15-0-0 at other places, possibly cheaper or doubtedly "better".... but why mess with something that's already not canna-idiot safe as it is, where you need to mix it to your strains liking (as you do with all nutes, but at least you get a baseline from the $$$ canna nutes... however sold on the jacks hydro, the exact 2 products you listed ..

I have some more info but riu is down ATM so I don't have access to it:.. if/when it goes back up I'll try n remember to post up what I found... it's good shit either way don't let anyone tell u advanced or some other retarded product is gonna get u better results... basically everything you need from beginning to end, aside from the possible mg hungry strains in flower that requires some Epsom salts... you shouldn't need anything else.. maybe he bloom booster once you get your shit dialed but that's about it...

Thanks Whitey, I've done a ton of research on using Jacks products with Marijuana. I've read/saved all the huge Jacks posts very at RIU and others. Thanks for letting me know about RIU being down.....I've been wondering if it was an issue on my end. Since my initial post I've found multiple growers who successfully use a Cal-Nit from a company other than Jacks which is at least 75% cheaper. Thanks for taking the time to post!

The nitrogen levels of the cal seem unnecessarily high I would not want to use it with every feeding like you do with other brands of Cal Mag.

The main fertilizer is lacking enough potassium. You would want to buy a K supplement of some sort. K to bump up the potassium.

All nutrient brands benefit from a PK booster in the flower mode to maximize results.

Back
Top Bottom