New grower concerened about space!

ocnugs

I have started my first grow and am a bit concerned on space

i have a 4 1/2 x 4x1/2 x 7 grow tent and running a 1000w air cooled enclosed light. currently 12 girls all started as clones couple inches when i got them 2 weeks ago all at least 10 or 12 inches now there in soil 3 gallon buckets i have read a few things people are referring to as LST can some one explain this to me. :thanks:

Low Stress Training. Basically, you're bending and even twisting the plant in such a way that light can get to all parts of the plant. It's how bonsai trees are done. You can look up "tree shaping" at Wikipedia to get a better idea of what LST can do on a larger scale.

You wouldn't need to do that in your situation. 12 plants under a cooled 1000w light in a 4.5x4.5 footprint is probably the best situation. What you'll have is a SoG or sea of green situation where you'll just let those plants grow straight up. You may want to look into the lollipop method where you'd strip most of the lower foliage because the light might not penetrate the lower parts of the plants.

You couldn't really LST because there'd be no room to bend the plants. If you were growing less plants in that space or a much tighter space, then you look into LST and supercropping. But, that takes more time overall and you'd be looking more into a ScroG or screen of green. You can probably see that more with PC case grows and so on.

If you're really interested in doing this, start a clone in a small box on the side with some CFLs. Learn how to lst, fim, and a bunch of other methods that I can't think about right now lol.

Also, do a search on this site for the terms. I know how the search can be a pain in the ass but you'll find it.

I agree with the previous post. 1000w in that space is a good set-up. It sounds like they shot up pretty fast. How far is your light from them? Are they thin and stretched out looking? Or are they compact and full looking?

thanks for the advice i will look into those methods now. for the most part they are looking pretty tight except for the 3 white widow strains seem to be taller and not so bushy but bigger leaves. my light is about foot and half away now started it a little further when i first got clones.

I am really concerned about the space issue now. this is my first time in this tent and i dont just want to cut my plants there are lots of little flowers everywhere. they have been in the flower stage for 7 8 days now.
IMG00164.jpg

IMG00163.jpg

IMG001671.jpg

First indoor tent grow!pics

are these a sativa strain?how much head space do have.these kinda look like they are stretching a bit.

8 out of 11 are sativas 3 are widows and the light has been around a foot or less the whole time problem is the light can only go up another 2 or 3 feet and then im out of room. these pics are from last night. i raised it 6 inches and it looks like ready for another 6 already today.
IMG001911.jpg

IMG002051.jpg

IMG002021.jpg

First indoor tent grow!pics
New clone room.

did you veg the sativas? normally sativas that are grown indoors arent vegged for long if at all, cause those suckers rreally stretch, if you have an 1000w MH bulb lying around stick it in your hood, at least until the stretch stops(hps induces stretching more than mh).
Also, id look into LSTing or even HSTing. Especially now in early flower while they are still limber. It will take a lot of time and lanyard or whatever kind of rope you're using, but it should stop them from growing thru the roof of your casa/grow room

Thanks i will look into that now been doing a little tying with some garden string here and there but nothing major

yea while they're limber tie all major colas down(w/o breakin em).. this should slow em down bro

hope it helps :peace:

Back
Top Bottom