420's Hydro Charlie8Brown Grow Journal - 2014

Charlie8Brown

Strawberry Blue
Money Maker- (75% Indica 25% Sativa) Strawberry Blue- (75% Sativa 25% Indica)
Both in Veg
1 week old
Indoor
Hydro-3.5g buckets
600watt MH and HPS
Not air cooled
Temp of Room/cab- 75-83
PH of media or res- 6.0
Any Pests- No
Type of ferts used- Fox Farm

I have been growing for a while, but took little over 2 years off, so I have to polish my skills again. To give everyone a little background of myself. I have been growing for quite some time now, the reason why I stopped growing was there was way too much competition. It seemed that everyone all of the sudden thought they could grow. I didn't get mad, I think it is a good thing that everyone wants to experiment and enjoy this freedom. so I use to grow 200+ plants at a time and have them in rotation so that I had a harvest every month of around 75 or more plants. Since moving out of Oakland I have not grown anything since. I have decided to get back into growing but I wanted to start at a very small scale and just advance as each grow passes. I do plan to grow back into that big scale of growing but just at a slow pace.
Right now I am using the following
-2/4/6 tent
-2 4inch exhaust fans
-1 4inch inline fan
-1 600watt MH and HPS
-2 3.5 gallon (DWC) Hydro set up called the Black Widow
- Fox Farm nutes
-1 cloning tray with 60 sites
-1 heating matt

The two strains That I am growing are both short and bushy. As for my yeild I plan to get 300-400 grams from the strawberry blue and 400+ from the money maker. I plan on taking a few clones some of which will be taken one to two weeks into flowing because I am a big fan of Monster Cropping. I will be lolli popping them and topping as well as LST. I am totally open for advice as well as answering questions.
20140430_202637.jpg

Strain- Money Maker/

Just got back home today, I will be posting updated pics sometime tonight or tomorrow. I came home to find the Money Maker flopped over due to the stem not being strong enough to hold it up. Since being home I was able to fix it and now it is standing on it's own again.

Its been a good 3 week journey so far. Hope everyone keeps following. I will be posting 3 week pics up in a few days. Feel free to leave comments, advice, or questions. Open to hear anything.

2lbs is what I am aiming for but with the size of the tent that will be pretty hard to achieve. I do plan to get close to it using several techniques that I have used in the past. As of right now I have my ballast on 50% I will be turning it to 75% next week. I don't want to stress the plants more than they need to be. Due to the size of the tent it does get a little hot so before I turn the light to 100% I am fixing the over heating problem. I am replacing the hood with an air cooled hood to start and then going to add ducting to the hood. For the space 600watts is more than enough. The reason I am using 3.5 instead of 5 gallon buckets is because the 3.5 bucket is shorter but as for space for the roots 3.5 is plenty for my system because of the amount of oxygen created in the water. If you look at the roots in a 5g bucket there is way more than enough space than needed depending on the strain. with a 3.5 bucket it is just big enough and your not losing too much space for the roots. I do keep spare 5g buckets just in case I feel that there is no room for the roots. I always check my roots everytime I change the water. I also just like the 3.5g buckets due to the fact you save on nutrients per gallon especially when the plant is small it also takes up a little less space and gives me more head room for the tops of the plants.

But to answer your questions-

Yes I do plan to get as close as possible to 2lbs.
Yes it is 600 watts that I can adjust to three different settings (50%-75%-100%)

Love the questions and advice keep it coming!!!!
Love the question Sky Rocket feel free to keep asking or give some advice.

Have not decided quite yet how long I am going to veg for. As of right know I am on a deadline to have this grow done and that deadline is to have it cut down by the end of August, so I don't think I will get the 2lbs but it should be over 1lbs. So that being said as long as I am able to get over 1.2lbs I will be a very happy camper.

Hi Charlie8,
Just stumbled upon your journal while looking for other growers running Money Maker too. I have 3 MM girls now in flowering, it´s my first run with this strain but so far i´m happy as they were easy to grow & are turning really frosty. I have no experience with hydro at all but I´m looking forward to see how this strain performs.
It looks like your plant stretched a bit, do you think it could be light distance? A fan softly blowing at them will also aid strengthening the steem but I think you already know this.

Subscribed and will chime in whenever possible,

Greenest Regards
:peace:

Hi Charlie8,
Just stumbled upon your journal while looking for other growers running Money Maker too. I have 3 MM girls now in flowering, it´s my first run with this strain but so far i´m happy as they were easy to grow & are turning really frosty. I have no experience with hydro at all but I´m looking forward to see how this strain performs.
It looks like your plant stretched a bit, do you think it could be light distance? A fan softly blowing at them will also aid strengthening the steem but I think you already know this.

Subscribed and will chime in whenever possible,

Greenest Regards
:peace:

With the money maker which is the small one in the pics went through a lot of stress first I had it in my germination tub way too long due to me waiting for my dwc system. After planting it in the dwc system my girlfriend sprayed water on the top of it on the day I left town and I received a call with a pic of it totally leaned over and it was like that for two days then I had it fixed by a friend. I had told him what to do and how to do it. But now it coming together but looks sort of weird as for the other yeah the strawberry blue is stretching a little but I am turning the light up today because I have kept it at 50%.

Back
Top Bottom