$1000 to spend on setup

Honkykong1

420 Member
Hey all im new to growing. Trying to get my first setup and i have $1000 to spend. Im looking for a 2 tent setup. I need everything. Hoping to get some help with getting all the stuff i need. Please :)

Big open ended question

Do you know how you want to grow as in medium

Have your read up on growing so you have a general understanding of the process, types of nutes, types of growing options, types of lights

What country is also big, some things aren't available in some country

Lots of factors my friend beyond just a budget and I wanna grow, what do I buy....

Well i was planning on using soil. Ive watched and read up on growing for a couple months now. My main concern is lighting. Im getting a 4x4 and a 5x5 tent. Trying to get the best lights i can. Im $550 in without lights and only 1 6inch carbon filter and fan. Was looking at the 2000w bestva reflector and the 1000w bestva. Cant figure out if its overkill or not.

Those aren't actual watts

Real watts are measured at the wall, or draw

Bet those are not even 1/4 of the watts posted

Might check on that

Yeah, id have to say QBs too. Is that $1000 for just the lights, or do you need money for everything else too?

So, i take it your going to do a 2 light rotation, Id go just 2tents 4x4, 1 flower, 1 veg. Is that your plan?

Im currently making out plans to do the same.

Here is the catch to 2 tents. Your either going to have to move the plants to the flower tent when you flip, or, you run 2 tents with the same spectrum,.. OR, you can switch the lights out back and forth.

Your also going to need 2 of everything, like fans, carbon filters, Temp/humidity control meters, timers.

2 tent rotations are expensive bro. Even if you went cheap, DYI QBs, Your still looking at $300 each tent about, so now your at $600, with $400 left. $100 per tent, now $200 left, $65 filtersx2. $70 left. still more to buy.

SO, why you doing a 2 tent set-up?

Just pickin your brain on what your expectations are to help you out more bro..

So $1000 for the entire setup, or just for lights?

If it's for the entire setup you have to get HID to get enough light, 1000w HPS to flower the 5x5 and 400-600w MH to veg the 4x4.

If it's just for light you should go for QBs, 6x 288 boards to flower the 5x5 and 2-4 288 boards to veg the 4x4.

:passitleft:

Ok ive decided to go with just 1 5x5 tent. Should i use 2 meizhi 900r or the mars hydro 1600? Have everything else worked out.

Yeah, id have to say QBs too. Is that $1000 for just the lights, or do you need money for everything else too?

So, i take it your going to do a 2 light rotation, Id go just 2tents 4x4, 1 flower, 1 veg. Is that your plan?

Im currently making out plans to do the same.

Here is the catch to 2 tents. Your either going to have to move the plants to the flower tent when you flip, or, you run 2 tents with the same spectrum,.. OR, you can switch the lights out back and forth.

Your also going to need 2 of everything, like fans, carbon filters, Temp/humidity control meters, timers.

2 tent rotations are expensive bro. Even if you went cheap, DYI QBs, Your still looking at $300 each tent about, so now your at $600, with $400 left. $100 per tent, now $200 left, $65 filtersx2. $70 left. still more to buy.

SO, why you doing a 2 tent set-up?

Just pickin your brain on what your expectations are to help you out more bro..
Is there a good guide for qb in a 5x5. Decided to just do 1 tent to start

I would go into your local grow/hydro store with cash in hand and see what they say. For that amount of dough, you'l need a hookup to do what ya want. You'll get that local. JMHO

They'll even have used gear, I bet.

Otherwise, I'd dial in one tent first, your flower tent- soup to nuts. Your first tent just getting started is your veg and flower tent anyway.

Spend your money on good lights. Go LED and you'll spend less on other stuff but you'll still need it.

You'll still need air filtration/movement, just not as robust.

I wouldn't throw your money at junk just to get two tents running..... slow down, take all the advice given, use what fits, get a game plan, and get to stepping.....

Good decision on going with just one tent instead of two. I just have one 4x4 and I veg in a small space separately and it still has me at about $2,500. If you are set on a 5x5 you will either need to get one large 1000 Watt HPS to cover all that area or multiple fixtures of other types such as led. You can easily find a fixture that offers enough watts per square foot but you have to think about coverage and penetration in a larger tent. In my 4x4 I am running a single CMH fixture but in a 4x4 I am pushing the limits. If I were wanting to run a tent larger than a 4x4 I would consider a 4x8 and use 3 CMH fixtures but that blows your budget. There are so many options. Good luck.

5x5=625 watts at the bare minimum. thats only 25 watts psf. using scrog technique, you can run lights lower and closer, with less watts, but get great PAR. That is the key with LEDs.

if you have the ability to build your own, you will save up to 50% about, so food for thought on that.

plus less power is a great benefit.

You could do something as simple as 9 COBs, at 75 watts each, 675watts at the wall, run at 1400ma,

if you do go the DYI route, there is alot of help here, and can walk you thru it step by step pretty much if you need it. alot of smart individuals here.

so, what is the final amount you have to spend on the lights, JUST THE LIGHTS. ?

Back
Top Bottom