12/12 auto - help needed

Satyaban

I have a GSC extreme auto that was one more than my tent could hold, so I moved it outside in late August, The seeds were germinated on 17Jul. As the days grew shorter I put it in my kitchen at night under inadequate light, but something unexpected happened. This planted showed signs of budding 12 days before the plants in the tent who are now in their 3rd week of budding while the kitchen plant is into its 5th week.
If the changing of the light for the kitchen plant triggered her to bud, would it have worked for the rest. These plants are 83 days old so it wouldn't have been rushing them and if I had not topped them they would be over 5' now, but they are still stretching.
Would cutting back from 18/6 to 12/12 cause these tent plants to finish faster? BTW I now have the kitchen plant under a Vivosun S1000e to help it along but I don't have great hopes for it.
If there is any interest I'll post a pic or two.

^^
Could you guess why the plant I moved outside started budding 12 days ahead of her sisters. The change in Sun light is the only difference.

Not all autos go into flower at the same time, even the same strain from the same supplier, even same conditions. I’ve had some go 5 weeks before flowering, others at three weeks, side by side in the same tent. If you think it’s the light period change, see if you can re-create it several times, that would support it being the light period,

As the days grew shorter I put it in my kitchen at night under inadequate light, but something unexpected happened. This planted showed signs of budding 12 days before the plants in the tent who are now in their 3rd week of budding while the kitchen plant is into its 5th week.
My thoughts are that the Kitchen plant was triggered by being put in the kitchen under inadequate light. Not the number of hours so much as the quality during those hours. But, it would take several runs each involving several plants each time to see if a pattern develops.

My thoughts are that the Kitchen plant was triggered by being put in the kitchen under inadequate light. Not the number of hours so much as the quality during those hours. But, it would take several runs each involving several plants each time to see if a pattern develops.
Very good! I was looking for a way to speed up this grow. This may go for 16 weeks.

Auto Flowers take 10 weeks I would guess being outside it was getting more C02 and this was making for a healthier plant when moved inside it is getting less C02. You can take a plant from inside an d move it out, but bringing inside from outside is going to stress the plant from lack of C02 it has become custom too.

Auto Flowers take 10 weeks I would guess being outside it was getting more C02 and this was making for a healthier plant when moved inside it is getting less C02. You can take a plant from inside an d move it out, but bringing inside from outside is going to stress the plant from lack of C02 it has become custom too.
The CO2 level is higher inside unless there is constant air-flow exchanging or replacing the inside air with what is outside. Indoors, with people and pets breathing they will produce CO2 and if the windows and doors are kept closed then the level goes up. In some cases a natural gas heating system and stoves can add to both the CO2 and the CO levels.

I believe that often what we see as a stress or downward turn in the condition of a plant brought inside is from the reduced amount of sunlight and the reduction in photosynthesis.

This plant that started in the tent, was moved outside, moved in and out with the sun, supplemented with inadequate light inside, but is now under 140w LED in the basement. It continues to develop buds but is definitely stunted and I don't expect the buds to develop completely before the plant dies or I chop it. I will try to post a decent picture in a day or two for those interested.

The CO2 level is higher inside unless there is constant air-flow exchanging or replacing the inside air with what is outside. Indoors, with people and pets breathing they will produce CO2 and if the windows and doors are kept closed then the level goes up. In some cases a natural gas heating system and stoves can add to both the CO2 and the CO levels.

I believe that often what we see as a stress or downward turn in the condition of a plant brought inside is from the reduced amount of sunlight and the reduction in photosynthesis.
The CO2 is an interesting angle as this plant spent 17 hours a day in my kitchen with oven which uses pilot lights for the surface units and oven. I have no idea about the CO2 levels or the differences between to be effective but the kitchen would have the highest. She is in the basement now, not in a tent but under plenty of light, humidity steady at 49% temp mid 70s.

Healthy plants need a supply of carbon dioxide (CO2) just as they need nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, or any other required nutrient. The carbon dioxide content of fresh outdoor air comprises about 406 parts per million (ppm) of the earth’s atmosphere. It is critical for photosynthesis and cannabis plants suffer if they don’t get at least a minimum amount of CO2. Cannabis uses CO2 in the presence of light. Photosynthesis occurs when the plant receives light. The marijuana plant draws in CO2 from the air by tiny openings on the undersides of leaves called stomata. They function much like pores in the skin, but have guard cells that can open and close. They regulate the absorption of water, gas, oxygen, (O2), and CO2 into the plant, as well as the evacuation of water and O2 from the plant. So if you think moving outside to inside is just about light you are mistaken.

I see all the time when people can't get their Auto to start flowering they change the timer to more hours of darkness to kick start flowering. I'm not sure if it works or not.... but people do it. If it does work, I see no reason bringing the plant in with less hours of light not triggering flower. But yet again, same strains can flower at different times like mentioned above. So which is it ? Light hours or just the strains ? I'm not really sure.

I can't answer that question I only grow indoors, but I can tell you I have grown multiple strains of auto flower at the same time, and they all start flowering at around 4 weeks when it comes to harvesting them some are ready at about 9 weeks but usually 10 weeks. I keep the humidity in my tent from start to finish at 40/45 % and the temperature ranges from 75 to 80 degrees f with lights on and around 69 to 70 degrees f with lights out. I use happy frog potting soil and Pro Grow during vegetation and Pro Bloom during flowering. At around 6 weeks I will flush with Fish Sh!t then with water the last 4.

Wow, some new discussion. What I call my kitchen plant is just about done and it did not full develop, the buds are very thin, the leaves are also beginning to turn. I told my partner to go ahead and cut it down, more like off, but he rebelled so it goes on. I think there were just to many challenges to this girl. The plants in the tent are doing well at 88 days and in their 4th week of budding. Nothing was done to influence the tent plants outside of 18/6 lights. I reckon it is the genetics of the GSC auto extreme, but the odd thing is the Poochie Love is growing the same way.
I was watching a video on which this woman said that the plants influence each other by way of terpenes, if that is so maybe the GSCs caused the Poochie Love to bud on their schedule. Anyone hear of that?

Back
Top Bottom