126W Penetrator LED Full Bloom

Looking good despite the issues the plant was having. The resilience of these plants still blow me away. I was wondering why you like to stretch the plants before flower as you do? I suppose I need to take a look at basic plant/bud growth to see how/where the buds actually form when branches stretch upwards, etc.

Generally I place the plants into flower at 18". They tend to stretch to 30" normally, sometimes as high as 36" depending on strain. The stretch allows for longer colas to form up the stems. I don't try for much stretch, but generally 12" after they go in is what I aim for, as they go in as bushes. The next grow will likely be two larger plants (chose 4 smaller ones this time for fun), and my top yielding strain. Strain makes a lot of difference and so does stress, so the next run should be a bit more impressive than this one will be.

Hi HGL, your light looks like it is working fine. Happy for you and everyone who has purchased one. I have one on my things to get list.
Much Luck! :peace:

Cammie, My plant is 10wks old under 12/12, 14wks overall. The tricombs are completely clear. I tried to follow fox farms recipe to a tee. Is there an issue with the strain/plant or is my ufo really lame? With the 126w can i expect harvest after 8wks under 12/12? I know theres a ton of variables, like no extra co2. Any advice would be sweet. thanks

Cammie,

I also have another question, but I think your end results may answer that. What happens if you do not let them stretch? Wouldn't you want solid nug from top to bottom on a shorter plant, vs. nug all over on a larger plant? Is the yield significantly more by allowing/causing the plants to stretch?

Your growing mannerism intrigues me. I too will be using Iguana Juice, as well as VooDoo Juice! I have never used nutrients before, so this should be interesting...

Waiting for your lights must be the longest, most enduring process one may ever encounter! I am going bonkers waiting for it! :0)

Thanks in advance...

-GoG-

Cammie, My plant is 10wks old under 12/12, 14wks overall. The tricombs are completely clear. I tried to follow fox farms recipe to a tee. Is there an issue with the strain/plant or is my ufo really lame? With the 126w can i expect harvest after 8wks under 12/12? I know theres a ton of variables, like no extra co2. Any advice would be sweet. thanks

I'm going to assume you're a fairly new grower, so please don't take offense if I am wrong. When a plant finishes is mainly dependent upon the strain. Some plants finish within 7 weeks, while others finish in 13!!! Personally, I don't know why people buy the 13 week strains, when the strains at 7 weeks produce just as much equal quality bud, but I'll never be able to explain people lol.

So why is your plant at 10 weeks? Maybe it's the strain. If it's not the strain (say your current strain normally finishes in 8 weeks) then it is likely your light. I have heard from various grows online that plants grown under most average UFO's tend to take longer to flower. I have not noticed this being the case in my own garden under our Penetrator's, but I know it's been reported by many others. Reasons for this could be the limited spectral output, or lack of light intensity of the UFO, but ultimately I don't have the answer. Like I said, I haven't seen any of my plants taking longer to bud, nor my friends (nor have I heard this from any customers yet), so if you were using our lights with a plant that is supposed to take 8 weeks, it should only take 8 weeks. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I also have another question, but I think your end results may answer that. What happens if you do not let them stretch? Wouldn't you want solid nug from top to bottom on a shorter plant, vs. nug all over on a larger plant? Is the yield significantly more by allowing/causing the plants to stretch?

Your growing mannerism intrigues me. I too will be using Iguana Juice, as well as VooDoo Juice! I have never used nutrients before, so this should be interesting...

My end results will certainly answer your first question of what happens with no stretch. What you're going to see is a lot of smaller buds, though still compact, that almost look a bit miniature in style. The plants will in a sense "miniaturize" as I've seen them do before, and the yield will be less than if they had stretched. When they stretch, they create longer strands of colas, vs a bunch of really small ones. The plants will also grow smaller colas down below with the stretched plants, so stretched plants are the way to go. If you stretch too much though, the buds going up your main colas may not meet, meaning you won't have full colas, so it's all a science based on your own room, strains and style.

As far as nutes, if you've never used them before, you're in for a BIG surprise. Iguana is awesome, but when added to Voodoo you get explosive growth. Even though Advanced is costly, the end result is always 100% satisfying :grinjoint:

Personally, I don't know why people buy the 13 week strains, when the strains at 7 weeks produce just as much equal quality bud, but I'll never be able to explain people lol.

Most of those 12-week and up strains are pure landrace sativas with some of the most amazing, soaring, psychedelic highs capable of being induced by pot. It might not everyone's thing (believe me, i know the frustration of watching for ambers trics like a hawk after 14 weeks) but to those of us who know and love them, they're worth every painstaking day. :ganjamon:

Your grow looks great, it's awesome to see legitimate progress with highly energy efficient lighting. i'm sorry if you've already listed it but what's your strain at the moment?

Most of those 12-week and up strains are pure landrace sativas with some of the most amazing, soaring, psychedelic highs capable of being induced by pot. It might not everyone's thing (believe me, i know the frustration of watching for ambers trics like a hawk after 14 weeks) but to those of us who know and love them, they're worth every painstaking day. :ganjamon:

Your grow looks great, it's awesome to see legitimate progress with highly energy efficient lighting. i'm sorry if you've already listed it but what's your strain at the moment?

Malawi Gold is the strain that takes the longest to finish - that I've ever heard of anyway ;)

20 weeks baby

Badbradblu - Malawi Gold Grow

Malawi Gold is the strain that takes the longest to finish - that I've ever heard of anyway ;)

20 weeks baby

I think it would have to literally come out encrusted in Gold THC for me to grow it lol. 20 weeks is almost 3 bloom cycles with a plant like LA Confidential or ICE. I know that some of those longer strains often get crossed with strains that have shorter flowering times, to produce a nice in-between with both characteristics. I'd maybe grow those, but if doesn't finish within 9 weeks, you generally won't find it in my garden ;)

Thanks for answering my question Cammie! It should be interesting to see the difference in the end result. I just got to doing some research, and is VooDoo Juice only for hydroponics?? Also, I plan on getting more and more AN products to add to my collection each month. Are there any other organic supplements you would suggest? I am thinking the CarbLoad, Tarantula, one other little root zone supplement as well.

So I am in for the big one eh? Yeah, I have literally never used nutrients, as I have always been stupid enough to use organic soil, with added ferts, so needless to say my plants were usually always cooked...

Thank you! I hope you,and/or others have more nutrient advice for me.

Can't wait to see updated pics! I know only a few days can provide amazing differences in growth compared to previous days.

Thank you! Keep Growing!

-GoG-

Seems Like mine really like the 126 Watter. took some pics today but i don't post pics. Might sendem to cam.

I am at 1.5 week of flowering and I alreay got nice preflowers, I ve grow this strain before but never by clone.

I moved my old 120W LED up top for veg only. I think it will be to much for clones but nice for everything else.

I got an idea for the next model, let include just a few plain old white led's for photo's!!

Hi all just found this thread. Really interested in Led & aeroponics so keep up the good work. I am pulling for ya Cammie would like to see a decent yield from 1 light before I purchase one.

Thanks for answering my question Cammie! It should be interesting to see the difference in the end result. I just got to doing some research, and is VooDoo Juice only for hydroponics?? Also, I plan on getting more and more AN products to add to my collection each month. Are there any other organic supplements you would suggest? I am thinking the CarbLoad, Tarantula, one other little root zone supplement as well.

So I am in for the big one eh? Yeah, I have literally never used nutrients, as I have always been stupid enough to use organic soil, with added ferts, so needless to say my plants were usually always cooked...

I don't have experience with Advanced in Soil, but two of my friends have used it in their soil gardens with great results. The VooDoo Juice should work in both dirt and hydro. If you were to get the Carboload, it makes a good food source for the bacteria, and tarantula is similar to VooDoo, but not as potent. I think I'd use one or the other: T or Voodoo. As far as more supplements, you can, but it doesn't always have a positive effect. Honestly, aside from Big Bud, the only other thing I'd use is Engy's.

Hello Cammie,

'First time caller, long time listener'...enjoying the pictures of your current grow. Thank you for being so responsive to user inquiries; it always helps tremendously to have direct access to the manufacturer for product questions.
------------
My old modified scrog (below) using 160W HPS and a movable tempered glass partition between the HID and plants allowed light placement within ~2-3" from the top canopy without burning, and would consistently yield about 2 oz./sq. ft. (so, 6oz over a 3ft^2) depending on the strain I used - plenty for my needs. This was all using a simple Emily's Farm bubbler-style garden, just replacing the single airstone with larger dual ones. Here is a rough diagram:

room_21.jpg

|
|
I'm now looking to replace the HID with either LED and/or T-5 PL-55 FL's, provided yield does not change (reduce) significantly.

One question I have is regarding overall (approximate) coverage. (I do understand that your models are more directed, less widely distributed in their scatter pattern than some other manufacturers, by intention)

I notice your website lists the 63W unit as covering ~1'X1.5', i.e. 1.5 sq. ft.:
LED Grow Lights from Hydro Grow 63W LED Grow Light

While the 126W unit states 2x3=6 sq ft, or four times that of the unit with half its wattage:
LED Grow Lights from Hydro Grow 126W LED Grow Light

You'll notice that my particular plant area is about 1.5ft x 2ft or 3 sq.ft. I was under the impression that your 126w unit was overkill for that space, and the 63w would be more appropriate (your site stating that 2 x 63w ~ 400W HPS - so, 1 x 63W might be closer to ~150-200W equivalent HPS light output?) - except for the stated coverage pattern for your 63W.

So, that said, my questions are:

1) Do you consider your 63W a valid replacement for my 1.5 x 2ft space, or is the distribution pattern not (wide) enough, and/or intensity not optimal?

2) If not, would a 63W and one PL-55 2 light fixture such as the one by HTG Supply do the trick?

3) Can you give us any info on when your updated product(s) might hit the market, and potential wattage/coverage patterns?

(I'm looking to purchase in the next six months (once my current assignment is over), so I can wait a bit if necessary.)

So - I'm not averse to mixing PL's and LED's, but would prefer to use one light if possible, of course (and hopefully LED) - especially considering the reduced total cost of operation over its operating lifetime with an LED-only solution.

I firmly believe in the right product for the right application - not 'buying up' just because one can. And it seems to me that if your 63W is truly a fair 150-175W HPS/MH replacement, then it can service all the lighting requirements of a whole sub-segment of small and micro-cabinet growers, (not just as lighting to be used in a vegetative chamber for multi-stage smaller grows), for instance.

Thanks in advance for any additional info you can provide!

------------
Also, it might be a good idea to incorporate standard HID-style fixture hooks that use low-profile V-hooks, instead of the picture frame style hangers you currently use. Do you have plans to use them in your existing/upcoming products? Might help with the retro-fitters/replacement market I would suspect.

Regards,

-TL

One question I have is regarding overall (approximate) coverage. (I do understand that your models are more directed, less widely distributed in their scatter pattern than some other manufacturers, by intention)

You'll notice that my particular plant area is about 1.5ft x 2ft or 3 sq.ft. I was under the impression that your 126w unit was overkill for that space, and the 63w would be more appropriate (your site stating that 2 x 63w ~ 400W HPS - so, 1 x 63W might be closer to ~150-200W equivalent HPS light output?) - except for the stated coverage pattern for your 63W.

So, that said, my questions are:

1) Do you consider your 63W a valid replacement for my 1.5 x 2ft space, or is the distribution pattern not (wide) enough, and/or intensity not optimal?

It will fill a 1.5' x 2' space at 12" above the canopy. It will supply the brightest portion of it's light within a footprint that is about 12" x 18", so if you want the entire space filled with maximum intensity light, I'd use the 126W. I wouldn't resort to using CFL's along side the 63W vs simply going with the 126W ;)

3) Can you give us any info on when your updated product(s) might hit the market, and potential wattage/coverage patterns?

February - April next year we will likely be releasing the Pro model which we will expect to have a lumen output of 1.5-2x our current models using the same wattage. They will use the same lenses, ratios, etc... as our current models, and the price will be a few hundred higher most likely. The coverage will be exactly the same.

I firmly believe in the right product for the right application - not 'buying up' just because one can. And it seems to me that if your 63W is truly a fair 150-175W HPS/MH replacement, then it can service all the lighting requirements of a whole sub-segment of small and micro-cabinet growers, (not just as lighting to be used in a vegetative chamber for multi-stage smaller grows), for instance.

The 63W is perfect for micro-gardeners using tiny spaces or only growing 1 or 2 plants. It is also excellent for side-supplemental lighting in larger gardens. I've had one customer so far who switched out his 150W HPS for the 63W, and he reported 30% greater yields using our LED. It is certainly a 150W replacement, but it definitely lacks the 120 degree spread pattern like a HID.

Back
Top Bottom