130 Watt CFL Grow - DIY Small Space - BK

really nice stuff!!! its look quite dense and sticky. cant wait to see how much she yields. looks like it's gonna be some nice solid buds. :bravo:

Looks good man, I'm impressed with the CFL. I hope mine turn out this decent.
Thanks! Good luck with your grow :thumb:
Lovely buds development. Enter this cute plant in the plant of the month contest!
Thanks Twelve...I might just do that.
really nice stuff!!! its look quite dense and sticky. cant wait to see how much she yields. looks like it's gonna be some nice solid buds. :bravo:
Thank you hype! They are quite sticky :yummy:

Came home today from a 3 day camping trip. Another reason I love soil. Made sure everybody was fed and watered Thursday before lights out, set the a/c, set the dehumidifier to 40% and I was off!

Checked the trichs tonight before I watered. Around 15-20% amber. Today is day 49 so I suspect 60-64 days will be right. Less than two weeks!!

Picture update! Day 50. Had to support one of the branches with a stake, it was getting too weak. I can't tell you all how happy I am with this plant and its growth. Considering the limitations it has to deal with in space and lighting.

420_315.jpg

420_316.jpg

420_317.jpg

420_320.jpg

420_319.jpg

420_321.jpg

420_322.jpg

420_323.jpg

420_324.jpg

420_326.jpg

Thanks Goldengoose! Actually two 65 watt cfl's. These to be exact:Shop Utilitech 300-Watt Equivalent Indoor Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb at Lowes.com

WOW! Thats awesome!

Hell! I was just down at Lowes today (picked up some of their $2.78 paint buckets I use for pots for our tomatoes) and I looked at their CFL selection and definitely didn't see these! I wanted to pick up some 45 watters, but the highest they seemed to have at the store in Fresno Ca. were the standard 23 watt ones.

I must have been looking in the WRONG area! We only get down there or to Modesto once or twice a year, so I guess I blew it! :(

Thanks for the info! I might have to order some of these online. I always thought that it went from the 45 watters I have up to the 125 or 250 watt large ones that I also have here, but are a bit too clumsy to use everywhere.

I must have been looking in the WRONG area! We only get down there or to Modesto once or twice a year, so I guess I blew it! :(
Thanks for the info! I might have to order some of these online. I always thought that it went from the 45 watters I have up to the 125 or 250 watt large ones that I also have here, but are a bit too clumsy to use everywhere.

Yeah they stick them on the upper 2nd or third shelf, and they are in a box rather than clear plastic. I have to give credit to a buddy of mine who found them when looking for lighting.
I recommend them. With the flat white interior of the box it is really bright in there :riskybusiness:

Thanks again for your for your kind words! :thanks:

wowwww...i don't remember the measurements on that cabinnet you bilt...did u say...well u are doing a hell of a good job with those cfls.....thats what i'm using on my 1st grow...just got bagseed...i got some beans coming in next week....practicing now....i got a 65w and a 105w todayafter seeing what u did...i'm staying wtih my cfls....good job

Looks great yarddog, I love watching a well done small scale, low buck grow. Especially when the grower doesn't have huge expectations......I'm guessing at 2.5 oz minimum.

Looks great yarddog, I love watching a well done small scale, low buck grow. Especially when the grower doesn't have huge expectations......I'm guessing at 2.5 oz minimum.

Plus rep for your positivity my friend! I would be very happy with 2.5. :thumb:

Just did some studying and found that the 23 watt bulbs are more efficient than the big ones in both lumens per watt, and lumens per dollar. And easier to get sockets for/mounting.....

Just did some studying and found that the 23 watt bulbs are more efficient than the big ones in both lumens per watt, and lumens per dollar. And easier to get sockets for/mounting.....

In a perfect world, yes. In my small space, no. I would have to run at least 5 23 watters to match this. No way can I fit all those bulbs in my cabinet, let alone cool all that surface heat.

The sockets on these 65w bulbs are the same standard socket all the other bulbs take. Mounting is not an issue.

Plus rep for your positivity my friend! I would be very happy with 2.5. :thumb:

I was guessing 54-56 grams (well-trimmed and cured). But I hope that you end up with 2½ ounces or better.

Plant looks good other than the little bit of magnesium deficiency (lockout? what is the pH?) or whatever it is. Are you using tapwater? If so and if it has a lot of calcium in it, that can mess up the Ca/Mg ratio a bit and require extra Mg.

His bulbs use the same socket type as the 23-watt ones.

I was guessing 54-56 grams (well-trimmed and cured). But I hope that you end up with 2½ ounces or better.

Plant looks good other than the little bit of magnesium deficiency (lockout? what is the pH?) or whatever it is. Are you using tapwater? If so and if it has a lot of calcium in it, that can mess up the Ca/Mg ratio a bit and require extra Mg.

Thanks TorturedSoul! An oz was my initial guess, but she has filled in so maybe 54 grams...hopefully.

That was a Mag deficiency I ran into about 3 weeks ago. A little bit of GH's organic Cal/Mag solved the problem. I use tap, left out for 24+ hours. PH going in at 6.8 and runoff stays around 6.4-6.5.

Getting close to harvest time! Don't forget to flush and chop while the plant is in the dark hour. These two combined methods will give you a few steps ahead to achieving smoother smoke. Are we playing guessing game on the dry weight? I'll go for 3.1oz final answer.

Yes harvest is getting close! Not to much more amber showing so I will wait. I flushed the other day. Ran 4 gallons through her, haven't had to water since.
I wish you would win the guessing game, lol. That is a little high I'm afraid, we shall see.

haha you never know. Last time I did the guessing game which seemed to be about 1-2oz the grower ended up getting 7oz...nugs density cannot be measured through visual display. Good luck to you definitely let us know, it's not that important on total dried weight but knowing you got some excellent smooth, tasty nugs that gets you medicated is.

Back
Top Bottom