1K 5x5 AK40

congrats! I wouldn't pack the jars that much, they need room to "breathe"

How long did you dry for dank? After 7 days mine are far to dry and falling apart during manicure :/. Need to do something diff for trimming next harvest, got them curing now but doubt that will bring any moisture back.

Yeaaaaaa I had the same thing happen with my first 3 Ak's. They were hung for less than a week and were too dry. I threw a few fan leaves in the jar and it helped a lot Im just going to get the next 6 into jars sooner. Luckily Im still harvesting one every couple days so Im able to adapt my process. I use to hang the whole plant for 3 days but it makes trimming them nice and tight very difficult for me. It doubles the time to clean everything up. It does slow down the drying a good amount for me.
How long did you dry for dank? After 7 days mine are far to dry and falling apart during manicure :/. Need to do something diff for trimming next harvest, got them curing now but doubt that will bring any moisture back.

Just chopped another plant. They are getting harvested in the order they were flushed in so ill be chopping one every couple days. The tent is starting to look very sad but it cheers me up to look over my shoulder and see these little guys. I still haven't decided how I'm going to go about this next grow. I won't feel comfortable flowering more than 6. Maybe Ill start with 3 in flower and somehow rig everything to be able to rotate 1 plant ever 2 weeks or so into the flower tent. I think this may give me a consistent supply of cured meds with out all the plants being in a late flower at once. This is just something Im kicking around though.

IMG_27436.JPG
IMG_27377.jpg

I do have final dry weight for the 3 AK's and the 1 white domina I harvested early to cut down on smell. They came in at 92 grams dry. I was pretty surprised actually I expected maybe 2 considering 2 of the AK's were looking really rough. The other 6 in flower look beautiful. I hate what happened to the ak's. The white domina included in this weight was the worst of the group as well. Between that and jarring them a little earlier I suppose I might end up with some pretty smoke worthy nugs out of the deal.

Well I have an order placed at this collective in LA for some more chemdogs and Xj-13. Won't be picking them up until January though =(. Really excited for a second run at the chems, fix everything I did wrong the first time, start with healthy clones, and no powdery mildew. The XJ I am very excited about as I love a good sativa and am a big fan of XJ-13 and its parents (really like chems parents also).

Hey Viceroy. What are you planning on growing your next go around?

So here is my Final Post on this thread.

The overall dry weight of both the AK and the White domina was 9oz of rock solid nugs. There is another 2 1/2 of fluffy popcorn looking buds. This isn't the weight I wanted to achieve but I think Its acceptable considering my veg times and lack of experience with the climate in the new setup.

The smoke from the AK's was extremely harsh. Im going to chalk that up to not flushing them at all. When the neighbor came over crying about the smell I went in and cut my 3 largest plants all 2 weeks earlier than I wanted.
When the White Domina finished out the smoke was EPIC. Great tasting bud high was on the Heady side of things at first but the couch lock crept up after a few minutes

There are several things I learned or learned again I should say lol.
1. PH PH PH PH. I let myself get very complacent with my PH monitoring when things are stable and will begin checking it less and less. This grow was almost lost due to the rapid drop in PH that affected everything to some degree I stabilized it rather quickly but the damage had already been done. I will not let this happen again.

2. I was kinda nervous about begging that many plants in my 5x5 bc I simply hadn't done it before so I didn't want overcrowding to become an issue early into flower. Result was inferior plants that were not allowed to reach full potential.

3. Odor Control. I honestly felt I had it under control……..Until the neighbor showed up saying he can smell it in his place. We will have to work on that.

All in all I would say that this was a wonderful experience and fun interacting with other growers and getting some tips and tricks.

Back
Top Bottom