1K 5x5 AK40

So we had a power outage 2 nights in a row. I wasn't here I was outta town but today when I got home the light was on in the middle of the afternoon. It normally goes off at 6 am. I hope this doesn't do any harm. I immediately cut off the light and reset the timer. I may give em a few extra hours of dark this evening but other than that I can't really think of anything else to do. I don't think it will stress them to much. I guess they were still getting 12/12 just at a different time of day.

they'll be fine. my first plants were effected by hurricane sandy and went by my windowsill for a week lol

Roughly day 40 flower. Things are looking a little rough but buds are continuing to swell pretty consistently.
Ill take some pics with the light off later in the week so you can see the true color.
IMG_2414_zps8aa76a3d.jpg
IMG_2409_zpsabce8384.jpg
IMG_2404_zpsd169d044.jpg
IMG_2397_zps32cdf387.jpg
IMG_2397_zps32cdf387.jpg

awesome. remind me of my paradise acid/diesel

did you flush them that nice an yellow? the longer you let em starve the smoother they'll be

see any purple yet? :thumb:

2013-04-05_23-50-22_917.jpg

Im probably going to start flushing them around the 10th of december they still should have around 20 days according to the breeder. I just gave them a very light feeding. well 20 for the WD's and 15 for the Ak's if I'm not mistaken maybe the opposite. No purps yet but I've got my eyes peeled. Some very interesting colors but not purple yet.
awesome. remind me of my paradise acid/diesel

did you flush them that nice an yellow? the longer you let em starve the smoother they'll be

see any purple yet? :thumb:

2013-04-05_23-50-22_917.jpg

Were somewhere right around 45 days flower King J. The only thing that has changed since the last photos is that the PH has stabilized in a safe zone throughout the grow. I wanted to get you guys opinions on these bc I had one grow where the leaves turned neon yellow/green at the end of flower, but I haven't ever had all my fan leaves die like this and then then the bud leaves (if thats a proper term) start to fall off. After close inspection of the buds they still seem to be top notch as of now. Very sticky and the AK buds are the dense I have come across in my few past grows under my 400w. I noticed after I posted how shitty the pics are so ill be posting some clearer better ones soon.

Buds look good, but you gotta get that yellowing under control at least somewhat or you will have a short flush. If its not ph which for some reason I think it is (have seen many grows turn out like this due to ph and lack of watering, but that was coco for medium) then they are severely underfed.

I would feed your plants nutrients until you plan to flush for harvest, you should retain more fan leaves and sugar leaves. you will have to watch the sugar leaves on the buds as an indicator of how your flush is proceeding and harvest before the yellowing progresses to the buds.

I have been told if you aren't very careful and discriminate while measuring nutes and balancing a and b it can cause terrible effects, I also have been told it is beneficial :/. That aside I let my ph with soil go down to like 6.2 but I don't think that if what the problem is. With each passing day of watering normal with whatever strength nutes do they look better or worse to you? I feel like as you keep feeding them they will steadily get better, unless you think they are getting worse then wtf...

They do seem to be getting better with every feeding. Do you really think this is all damage from my previous PH issue or do you still think I still have a PH issue? Like i said if it is in fact still a PH issue I don't know what else to do. I also kinda wonder if how fast I pushed em back into a suitable PH range it damaged em more. Maybe to much PH up???? I dunno I have never used it in that quantity. Next grow ill use dolomite lime and hopefully that works a bit better.
I have been told if you aren't very careful and discriminate while measuring nutes and balancing a and b it can cause terrible effects, I also have been told it is beneficial :/. That aside I let my ph with soil go down to like 6.2 but I don't think that if what the problem is. With each passing day of watering normal with whatever strength nutes do they look better or worse to you? I feel like as you keep feeding them they will steadily get better, unless you think they are getting worse then wtf...

I am also extremely happy to announce that this morning, I awoke to find 10 new additions to my garden. 8 church just showed their first sets of leaves and 2 White Widows had just broken the surface. I LOVE GROWING FROM SEED! :circle-of-love: For some reason it makes me so happy lmao.I don't know why but I just enjoy watching them grow from seed. Clones are my usual method.

I think that your plants were obviously being deprived of nutrients in some form or another, whether through ph lockout or weak nute solutions. We determined that yes at some point there was very bad lock out at the peak of the problem when your ph was at like 4. We see that upon flushing and returning plants to regular feeding schedule they show improvement (imo how you know what you did with flushing worked). With all this in mind I guess it doesn't matter what the exact cause was as long as they are improving and you learned lessons for futures grows. How dry do you let the soil get before watering? I have a bad habit of letting my moms leaves wilt and do not recommend letting them get that dry :/. And for bringing ph up to fast that could possibly stress the plant and cause problems but I don't think you brought it up that fast, it def took a few days.

They do seem to be getting better with every feeding. Do you really think this is all damage from my previous PH issue or do you still think I still have a PH issue? Like i said if it is in fact still a PH issue I don't know what else to do. I also kinda wonder if how fast I pushed em back into a suitable PH range it damaged em more. Maybe to much PH up???? I dunno I have never used it in that quantity. Next grow ill use dolomite lime and hopefully that works a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom