1K 5x5 AK40

You might want to add a little something in the fresh water you are adding as fresh waters ph will bounce just from sitting. I moniter ph 24/7 and will think it is on point come back 30 minutes later and it has changed .4, very frustrating. A little calmag and protect or something along those lines should be fine, I would be adding protect regularly anywho. Actually you could prob just keep up the 1/6th strength nutes at a higher ph around 6.4 or 6.5 and see how that goes. I know it isn't recommended to make such a jump if your soil is as low as 5-5.5 but I recall you saying its lowest was off the charts then into the 4s. Sounds like you are making progress it just needs a little boost. I wouldn't worry about salt build up from the continual feeding either, as long as you keep the strength real low like that. Once you get that ph up though make sure you continually are balancing it between feedings so nothing is locked out.

I usually let my water sit out for 24 hours before I mix my nutes and water. I hear it helps PH stabilize before adding to the soil. I guess theres lots of chemicals and minerals that will flash off when let sit for a bit. Like I said I don't know how true it is. I DO KNOW however that the PH of the water does change a lot (as you stated) Just in a few hours. I don't know what protect is but a google search will soon change that lol. Im going to give them 1/4 strength nutrients and PH adjusted water next watering and hopefully soon they will come out of their little funk.

PS you should post some new pics. Im pretty excited to see how everything is turning out.

PSS how do I add a profile pic?

I usually let my water sit out for 24 hours before I mix my nutes and water. I hear it helps PH stabilize before adding to the soil. I guess theres lots of chemicals and minerals that will flash off when let sit for a bit. Like I said I don't know how true it is. I DO KNOW however that the PH of the water does change a lot (as you stated) Just in a few hours. I don't know what protect is but a google search will soon change that lol. Im going to give them 1/4 strength nutrients and PH adjusted water next watering and hopefully soon they will come out of their little funk.

PS you should post some new pics. Im pretty excited to see how everything is turning out.

PSS how do I add a profile pic?

Man I have been slacking hard on my journal, have been busy and what not and I just hate getting in there during lights off for pics. Ill take some tonight with lights on and hopefully get more in the morning with lights off. Protect is just a silicate solution that helps your plants immune system against pests and mold, doesn't raise your ppm and is just suppose to strengthen the plants cellular structure. I have read one thing that leaves stagnant tap water is chlorine, so that is at least one harmful chemical you are removing. We need some anti fluoridation laws here in America, shit is ridiculous. Buds are nice and fat though, too much popcorn under the screen but that's something I will resolve in future grows. One product I bought I was unsure of was Mendocino avalanche for bud hardening during last one or two weeks of flowering before flush, so far has worked amazing. Pretty sure it is organic also and I have noticed significant hardening days after adding first dose.

Im looking into the products you mentioned. Ive been looking to expand my nutrient lineup on my next grow(starting next week). The PH issue still lurks on the acidic side but I think I found the solution. After finding the PH low last week or whenever I gave em a mild flush of PH adjusted water. They since have been watered once and the PH adjusted water and they greatly improved but PH still way low. Last night I took my worst looking ak and flushed her with 1 gallon of adjusted water with 1/4 strength nutes(maybe had a couple oz's of runoff and that was all.This morning the improvement is phenomenal and Ill be doing the same to the remaining 11 throughout the rest of the week.
Man I have been slacking hard on my journal, have been busy and what not and I just hate getting in there during lights off for pics. Ill take some tonight with lights on and hopefully get more in the morning with lights off. Protect is just a silicate solution that helps your plants immune system against pests and mold, doesn't raise your ppm and is just suppose to strengthen the plants cellular structure. I have read one thing that leaves stagnant tap water is chlorine, so that is at least one harmful chemical you are removing. We need some anti fluoridation laws here in America, shit is ridiculous. Buds are nice and fat though, too much popcorn under the screen but that's something I will resolve in future grows. One product I bought I was unsure of was Mendocino avalanche for bud hardening during last one or two weeks of flowering before flush, so far has worked amazing. Pretty sure it is organic also and I have noticed significant hardening days after adding first dose.

So heres the evolution of my new veg area so far. It is in the same room as my flower tent. I just decided to utilize the extra space in hopes of cutting back on my cycle time. As soon as they come in ill be planting 10 church and 2 white widows. Ill clone the widows for a later grow. And people, I know the thermal blanket is not the best thing but its what I have and thats what will be used. Im not going to waste money when I can get away with this. Its just a short term veg so it will work just fine.
IMG_2366_zps2d07f21e.jpg
IMG_2367_zps718578d7.jpg
IMG_2368_zps989ce9bf.jpg

I had suggested flushing your plants with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size to return the soils pH to the proper range. for a problem like this I would take a milk crate and place it in the shower, place the plant pots on the milk crate and use my sprayer with temperature adjusted water and flush the pots out good to return the soil to the proper pH range. I would water your plants with the pH 4.5 range with pH 7.6 water and water your plants with the pH 5.5 with pH 7.0 water, this should help offset the pH of the soil.

Thermal blanket huh, was wondering wtf that was haha. I built my mom room out of panda paper and 2x4s, its like 95% reflective one side, and blacked out the other. Good idea with the experimentation though, I don't know why I neglected mentioning to take your worst plants and experiment. One of the best ways to learn, and you are seizing initiative to find the solution to the problem. Those are some solid products though, and relatively cheap by comparison to some other products out.

I had suggested flushing your plants with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size to return the soils pH to the proper range. for a problem like this I would take a milk crate and place it in the shower, place the plant pots on the milk crate and use my sprayer with temperature adjusted water and flush the pots out good to return the soil to the proper pH range. I would water your plants with the pH 4.5 range with pH 7.6 water and water your plants with the pH 5.5 with pH 7.0 water, this should help offset the pH of the soil.

This one is for you King John. This was the process I was completing when I logged on and saw your comment. Its almost what you suggested lol, just locker shelf instead of milk crate and cooler instead of shower. One question though. I did take your post into consideration about the double the volume flush. However, While I was prepared to flush double until I achieved the proper PH runoff After only flushing with a gallon It has already jumped up to the 6-7 range. Do you think It is necessary to go ahead and flush more? All I have is a shitty ph test kit and it seemed the PH of the flush water was somewhere between 7-8. Another reason I would hate to have to flush with 10 gallons is that(you guys may laugh at this) I am not allowed to take any plants outside my grow room. Wifes orders lmao. Its that or don't grow at all so its obvious i have submitted to her tyranny 🚬 . So Imagine the waste water I would be having to haul out of the room :thedoubletake: . Ill do what needs to be done though.
IMG_2372_zpsb73b76c7.jpg
IMG_2371_zps7f68d780.jpg
IMG_2372_zpsb73b76c7.jpg

ok dude, stop flushing her now and just let her dry out, then feed her lightly when she dries out

im gonna be honest with you, I think she just wants more food, regardless of low ph issue.

Thermal blanket huh, was wondering wtf that was haha. I built my mom room out of panda paper and 2x4s, its like 95% reflective one side, and blacked out the other. Good idea with the experimentation though, I don't know why I neglected mentioning to take your worst plants and experiment. One of the best ways to learn, and you are seizing initiative to find the solution to the problem. Those are some solid products though, and relatively cheap by comparison to some other products out.
Yea I thought I would throw it out there in hopes of avoiding the 4 page copy/past post giving the reflection value of every earth made material known to man lol. Not that its not valuable info, I am just aware of what i am using. It is really reflective, just creased all to hell and it doesn't look like it will be straightening out either. Does seem to be reflecting a little better than the white paint but who knows.

Easy killer lol. She just got some goodies in her one gallon flush/watering and she was dry. They are allowed to completely dry out before anything is done, i had the mold issue before and ill pass.
ok dude, stop flushing her now and just let her dry out, then feed her lightly when she dries out

im gonna be honest with you, I think she just wants more food, regardless of low ph issue.

experience is a teacher, i had mold in my buds on one plant. EEK.

they'll like a light feeding, as long as it was truly light ;)

Recommends 3 tsp bloom 2 micro and 1 tsp part c nutes per gallon. I gave 1/4 tsp of each I hope Im not feeding to light but each time i start amping em up they start to show some pretty adverse reactions so i been keeping it super light but consistent.

experience is a teacher, i had mold in my buds on one plant. EEK.

they'll like a light feeding, as long as it was truly light ;)

I hear ya dawg. remember, your soil life could have gotten used to the acidic environment. I know they say it's most effiencet (which is true, cuase your plants lost a lot of leaves) at just under 7, but you can grow big buds and which way. I would suggest molasses if you can't mix nutrients correctly

big stress (spikes in ppm) and chronic stress (just doing it wrong for a long time) can cause permanent damage in life aka yield decrease

that's what I like doing every time I water. make sure I got runoff from each and every drain hole, but that's it. with food, every time, lightly

npk food.

cal/mag not as much, maybe once a week OR in nutes that have it very lightly mixed in already like fish, or a synthetic that mixes I properly like tiger bloom (when I say cal mag I mean all other micro/trace nutes, and so do they.)

Back
Top Bottom