1K 5x5 AK40

I wish I knew exactly what AK strain they are. I had some 48 and 49 along with some pure AK and I got em all mixed up :scratchinghead:. These are the first plants I have grown (except for bagseed) that are some blend of sativa. I am actually impressed and I think my next grow will be all sativa or at least heavy sativa hybrids. The moose are pretty cool to look they roam around town like they belong. They kill at least a couple of people a year here though, more than the grizzly bears do. I was in the grocery store once and a full size adult bull moose was trotting around the vegetables eating as it pleased. It was very entertaining to watch local law enforcement try to heard a 2000 pound animal around the store. Apparently automatic doors work for people and wildlife.

LOL. I want to live out in the country like that.

I would say a 300 winmag would do a pretty good job of hearding that moose from the grocers to my freezer ;) haha. That's crazy you are going to see bears and wolves though, sounds like a good time. I would be packing serious heat for that nature trek, eff getting mauled!

I would say a 300 winmag would do a pretty good job of hearding that moose from the grocers to my freezer ;) haha. That's crazy you are going to see bears and wolves though, sounds like a good time. I would be packing serious heat for that nature trek, eff getting mauled!

Lol I carry a 45/70 when I go out. People tell me i am crazy going alone but I prefer it that way. It really eases the mind and refocuses you.

Then the plant pics. Everything seems to be going very well. They continue to stretch their legs. I "think" without going back and referencing that we are somewhere around day 13 12/12

IMG_209616.JPG
IMG_209816.JPG
IMG_209916.jpg
IMG_210012.JPG
IMG_210113.JPG
IMG_210214.jpg
IMG_210314.JPG
IMG_210412.JPG
IMG_210511.JPG
IMG_210611.JPG

And here we are on day 16 12/12

I took some shots with the light off and noticed immediately that Ive got some plants going pale yellow. I have been laying off the nutrients since I burned them So maybe this is the issue. I gave them 1/4 strength veg nutes to see if it might be a lack of nitrogen. I guess Ill see how they react and go from there. Any suggestions? Whatever the problem may be it doesn't seem to be affecting bud production just yet. They seem to swell every day.

IMG_21557.JPG
IMG_21515.jpg
IMG_21419.jpg
IMG_21434.JPG
IMG_21526.JPG
IMG_21449.jpg
IMG_214610.jpg
IMG_21434.JPG

Great video bravo, gotta love the marvels of modern technology allowing us to share media in such fashion. I would say the cause of your yellowing is due to underfeeding. Because I am using eb flo I have a reservoir that remains constant in nutrients, this causes my plants to feed at the same amount throughout the week thus causing slight deficiency sometimes towards the end of the week. Once I bump up my nutrient solution when I remake my res the plants tend to regain their color

Great video bravo, gotta love the marvels of modern technology allowing us to share media in such fashion. I would say the cause of your yellowing is due to underfeeding. Because I am using eb flo I have a reservoir that remains constant in nutrients, this causes my plants to feed at the same amount throughout the week thus causing slight deficiency sometimes towards the end of the week. Once I bump up my nutrient solution when I remake my res the plants tend to regain their color

Thats what I was thinking. I just hate to make an error and scorch them at this stage.

Scorching them would definitely be terrible, you gave them 1/4 strength nutes after you noticed yellowing right? What were the ratios of the initial mixture that caused burning, how did you proceed to water from that point (pure water, weakened nutes, some nutes but not others), how many waterings has it been since the hot watering? All of this will tell if feeding at a higher rate will cause burning, if you continue to feed at 1/4 strength I don't see how they could burn but you may notice more yellowing at thus point making it clear they require more food. Unless you think it is ph lockout causing the yellowing

Scorching them would definitely be terrible, you gave them 1/4 strength nutes after you noticed yellowing right? What were the ratios of the initial mixture that caused burning, how did you proceed to water from that point (pure water, weakened nutes, some nutes but not others), how many waterings has it been since the hot watering? All of this will tell if feeding at a higher rate will cause burning, if you continue to feed at 1/4 strength I don't see how they could burn but you may notice more yellowing at thus point making it clear they require more food. Unless you think it is ph lockout causing the yellowing
I gave them 1/4 strength 2 waterings after they burned. On or about the 20th of october was when they received the hot watering, I did not flush but after a couple days plucked the damaged leaves. I watered 2 separate times afterwards with pure water. During that period the plant color faded to a lime green/yellow. So on the 3rd watering after the burn (4th of November ish) I watered them with 1/4 strength veg nutes in an attempt to green them up a bit. During the 2 waters after the burn nothing other than water was given. The initial mixture that causes the burn was the recommended transition to bloom feeding. Next watering I planned on a 50% bloom feeding and see what happens.
Heres some pics of their current state.
And remember all these dates I gave are close but could be slightly off +/- a day or so. I think I gave all the info though.
IMG_2219_zps5484097d.jpg

IMG_2218_zpsf8d8db78.jpg
IMG_2216_zps441a0200.jpg
IMG_2215_zps4b6158f8.jpg
IMG_2214_zps34ade81c.jpg
IMG_2203_zpsfd9e0f5a.jpg

they are hungry, but also a bit stressed from the past. I bet that night you fed heavy you noticed the leaves claw downwards, and some never come up?

I had a separate grow, bloom, and topmax, and I mix them in one container and it's a lot easier now LOL.

I would feed them, but be careful not to burn the roots. if you don't want to mix them measure it out equally. half a teaspoon is about 2.5 ml, and they have those 1/2 teaspoon cups around

So the consensus is feed at 50% Bloom next watering.
Just to clarify that will be
1 1/2 tsp Flora Bloom instead of 3 tsp
1 tsp Flora Micro instead of 2 tsp
1/2 tsp Flora Gro instead of 1 tsp
All accurately mixed in 1/4-1 tsp measuring spoons to ensure accuracy
I think thats all. Might throw a suuuuuuuper light feeding of Cal Mag in there just for reassurance in there
All of these will be mixed per gallon of water. I usually end up putting just over a half gallon per 5 gallon bucket. That usually seems to be just enough to slightly leak out the drainage holes and not make a mess.

Do you check your water ph runoff I do not recall. I am not prepared to rule out ph just based off how they look for the amount of nutes youve fed. So the hot watering was like 1ml per gal? How many gallons of water is in that mix you are talking about in the above post? If you are saying 1.5 tsp per gallon of all that I think you will burn again I know my nutes would (House and Garden). I would def give them cal mag buddy and don't worry about being too light the plants need a bunch of magnesium during flowering, I use bud candy weeks 2-6 with cal mag for magnesium supplement. At most so far I have given 4 ml per gallon cal mag now I am using 3 with I think 5 of the magnesium supplement.

Do you check your water ph runoff I do not recall. I am not prepared to rule out ph just based off how they look for the amount of nutes youve fed. So the hot watering was like 1ml per gal? How many gallons of water is in that mix you are talking about in the above post? If you are saying 1.5 tsp per gallon of all that I think you will burn again I know my nutes would (House and Garden). I would def give them cal mag buddy and don't worry about being too light the plants need a bunch of magnesium during flowering, I use bud candy weeks 2-6 with cal mag for magnesium supplement. At most so far I have given 4 ml per gallon cal mag now I am using 3 with I think 5 of the magnesium supplement.
Im not to hip on the ml/ tsp conversion rate Viceroy. I can tell you the hot watering was double what I just gave them last night. I have not checked the PH runoff bc I didn't think that was the most accurate way to measure it. Ive been waiting 1-2 days after watering and then checking the soil. Unless the reliability of my PH meter comes into question its tough for me to think it is PH. I do share your intuition on the PH issue though. If I were to walk into my room without prior knowledge of the plants I would call PH right off the bat. Mainly bc I have seen it first hand before. I will amp up the CalMag next watering. It just unnerves me bc I haven't had this issue before. The only thing I changed between this grow and the last was soil. Instead of 1/3 black gold 1/3 peat moss and 1/3 perlite I used 1/2 black gold and 1/2 perlite. I think I'm going to switch back to the original mix next grow. And yes all the things I have been adding are teaspoons per gallon. I just fill a 10 gallon cooler with 5 gallons of water and mix away. the 5 gallons distributes perfectly at 1/2 gallon per plant with minimal runoff. Like I said I fed and watered them last night so we will very soon see if they burn. I did a little experiment the day before yesterday though. I took the sickliest AK and gave her a 100% feeding just to see. So far its condition seems stable-slightly improved. Im going to get a liquid PH meter so I can measure runoff if you think that would be more accurate and provide more info.

Im not to hip on the ml/ tsp conversion rate Viceroy. I can tell you the hot watering was double what I just gave them last night. I have not checked the PH runoff bc I didn't think that was the most accurate way to measure it. Ive been waiting 1-2 days after watering and then checking the soil. Unless the reliability of my PH meter comes into question its tough for me to think it is PH. I do share your intuition on the PH issue though. If I were to walk into my room without prior knowledge of the plants I would call PH right off the bat. Mainly bc I have seen it first hand before. I will amp up the CalMag next watering. It just unnerves me bc I haven't had this issue before. The only thing I changed between this grow and the last was soil. Instead of 1/3 black gold 1/3 peat moss and 1/3 perlite I used 1/2 black gold and 1/2 perlite. I think I'm going to switch back to the original mix next grow. And yes all the things I have been adding are teaspoons per gallon. I just fill a 10 gallon cooler with 5 gallons of water and mix away. the 5 gallons distributes perfectly at 1/2 gallon per plant with minimal runoff. Like I said I fed and watered them last night so we will very soon see if they burn. I did a little experiment the day before yesterday though. I took the sickliest AK and gave her a 100% feeding just to see. So far its condition seems stable-slightly improved. Im going to get a liquid PH meter so I can measure runoff if you think that would be more accurate and provide more info.

I like to hear you are experimenting with your plants, best way to see what's the real issue in my opinion. Ill follow up with a post about the ph testing and what not but best bet for accurate soil ph is what comes out the bottom.

So I went ahead and checked my runoff as you suggested. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay way low. Like off the chart low. So low the strips didn't have a number they just simply read LOW. So after some quick research on adjusting the PH in soil Im beginning to bring them back. I just thought I would let you know that you were right on this issue
IMG_227410.jpg
IMG_226912.JPG
IMG_227811.JPG
IMG_22798.JPG
IMG_228412.JPG
IMG_22836.JPG
IMG_22608.jpg
IMG_22678.JPG
IMG_21557.JPG

they look good. the ph is probably low because of all that food in there. just do a pure watering next time they're dry instead of feeding and you'll be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom