1st grow - 3x3 - 600W HPS/MH - DWC - Advice please

I wrap my 5 gallon buckets in cut down windshield reflectors. It has definitely helped keep the water temps down. My tents air temps are 75 to 80F and my water temps stay around 69 to 71F. I also have my air pumps intake in front of the a/c vent in the summer and on a windowsill with the window very slightly ajar in the winter. That has helped a ton too.

I wrap my 5 gallon buckets in cut down windshield reflectors. It has definitely helped keep the water temps down. My tents air temps are 75 to 80F and my water temps stay around 69 to 71F. I also have my air pumps intake in front of the a/c vent in the summer and on a windowsill with the window very slightly ajar in the winter. That has helped a ton too.

Nice! that is a really good idea dude, appreciate the wisdom for real.

What kind of light/space are you using in your set-up, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I currently have a 4x2x6 tent. 6in 400+cfm exhaust, 6in 250 cfm intake booster drawing air from the window. For light i have two mh300 leds and a 400w mh/hps. I have come a long way from 2 cfls and a cardboard box but i still have so far I'd like to go with it.

I currently have a 4x2x6 tent. 6in 400+cfm exhaust, 6in 250 cfm intake booster drawing air from the window. For light i have two mh300 leds and a 400w mh/hps. I have come a long way from 2 cfls and a cardboard box but i still have so far I'd like to go with it.

Thanks for the info buddy, sounds like a nice setup to me. Do you run all 3 of those lights at the same time? For veg and flower?

I am gonna do 600w hps, but plan on not using an intake fan; only exhaust fan with passive intake...will this be sufficient ?

A passive intake is 99% of time the best way to run it as long as your exhaust can exchange air 4x per minute +

Cool, good to hear, my exhaust fan will be a 400+cfm so it should clear the air out 4-5 times every minute.

Another quick rez water temp question everyone: what is the LOWEST water temp acceptable? I see a lot warning about extreme high temps but nothing about cold temps? Is this just because it rare to have cold temps in them or what?

Thanks peoples!

you dont want old temps either. cold temps will hold more o2 but it will slow growth. The perfect range is between 65-69f but you could go to 60f if its consistent. Its a bigger problem when there are spikes and drops as it shocks the plant. imagine jumping from a warm bath into an ice bath or vice versa, its not nice.

Back
Top Bottom