1st Grow, Bagseed, CFL's..

The soil looks dry :( Speaking of, I need to water mine in the morning.
yeah i actually watered them after i took the pictures.

Thanks for stoppin by Dr Puff. I'll keep #1 growing until it dies, espcially since I have no clue what the strain is, or which bag it came from.. All of my bag seeds are all in one bag now, so all the strains are mixed together. I figure it will make for an interesting grow that way.

I went to look for some perlite at Lowes yesterday and all they had was MG enriched with MG plant food

heres an update.. I watered them yesterday and realized some roots were growing out of the drain holes on the bottom of the cups, so i ran to the store and got some sand and some river pebbles and began to transplant the babies.. I only had enough soil to get 4 of them in their new homes, but the other 2 aren't popping roots out the bottom yet. I'm going away for 3 days so I won't be able to transplant the others until i get home, but I don't think its a problem. In the meantime, i set the cups in the bucket so the roots are at least near soil. I don't think they will pop out of the cup or grow to the point where they're rooted in the bucket soil in 3 days. The transplant was easy, the roots held the soil together perfectly, so it all just slid right out

Don't have any pictures yet, but i should be able to snap some when i get home.

Ended up having a very rough fight with the lady last night, so i wasn't in the best mindset when i did the transplant. I accidentally mixed some of the pebbles in with the sand/soil mix. Will this cause any issues, or will it just help with air draw?

Also, due to the evening, i didn't pay attention to which # plant went in which bucket, so they're not labeled anymore. I might be able to compare pictures and sort them out that way though. They seem to be liking their new home. One plant was looking a little droopy in the cup even after it was watered, but it was also the plant with the most roots sticking out the cup so i figure that has something to do with it lol. I checked on them this morning and that plant had picked itself back up and they're all doing very well.

heres an update.. I watered them yesterday and realized some roots were growing out of the drain holes on the bottom of the cups, so i ran to the store and got some sand and some river pebbles and began to transplant the babies.. I only had enough soil to get 4 of them in their new homes, but the other 2 aren't popping roots out the bottom yet. I'm going away for 3 days so I won't be able to transplant the others until i get home, but I don't think its a problem. In the meantime, i set the cups in the bucket so the roots are at least near soil. I don't think they will pop out of the cup or grow to the point where they're rooted in the bucket soil in 3 days. The transplant was easy, the roots held the soil together perfectly, so it all just slid right out

Don't have any pictures yet, but i should be able to snap some when i get home.

Ended up having a very rough fight with the lady last night, so i wasn't in the best mindset when i did the transplant. I accidentally mixed some of the pebbles in with the sand/soil mix. Will this cause any issues, or will it just help with air draw?

Also, due to the evening, i didn't pay attention to which # plant went in which bucket, so they're not labeled anymore. I might be able to compare pictures and sort them out that way though. They seem to be liking their new home. One plant was looking a little droopy in the cup even after it was watered, but it was also the plant with the most roots sticking out the cup so i figure that has something to do with it lol. I checked on them this morning and that plant had picked itself back up and they're all doing very well.

Bro, I've never been one to meddle in the affairs of another and it's really none of my business but I hope that you and "the lady" are solid enough that you'd never have to worry about loose lips. I know many grow operations that have been revealed and much heartache has been caused because of a jaded female.

I hope everything is OK between the two of you. :peace:

Bro, I've never been one to meddle in the affairs of another and it's really none of my business but I hope that you and "the lady" are solid enough that you'd never have to worry about loose lips. I know many grow operations that have been revealed and much heartache has been caused because of a jaded female.

I hope everything is OK between the two of you. :peace:
yeah that would be my biggest concern also, but we're very solid, I know she would never speak of it to anyone. Things are good today though, so things are looking up :)

Thanks for the kind words

Here's an update guys.. The trip ended up being rained out.. It rained the entire time we were there, but we still managed to have a good time. I haven't gotten to transplant the other 2 yet, I will get that done tonight.

Here is a pic update 7 days since the last shots, 19 days since they broke soil.

If you notice the smaller plants that are still in the cups, they are #1 and #2. #1 was the runt that wasn't taking off at all, and it finally got its next set of leaves, so we're in the game. The plants are really taking off now. I'm going to get some more soil tonight to top them off and get the other 2 in their new home. I mixed a little too much sand in the mix, so i think adding more soil to top it off will be a good idea to compensate for that. It doesn't appear to be affecting the plants in any way though since they have exploded with growth since being put in the buckets.

Enough talking and on to the pics

8-17-09_001.jpg

8-17-09_002.jpg

8-17-09_003.jpg

8-17-09_004.jpg

thanks for the kind words guys. I have a couple of thoughts i want to get out.

I don't really want to use any nutrients during the veg stage, but I'm thinking of picking up some FF big bloom for flowering. Now, this is depending on the funds situation, as I also need to pick up a dehumidifier and some more fans, which i feel is more important than nutrients since my RH is at 80-85% right now.

Now, wost case is i can't afford nutrients for flowering, how would this affect my grow? I understand my yield wont be as big, but can the plants go all the way from seed to harvest with just water? Also, what kind of ph fluctuation could i expect, or does it stay fairly consistent as long as the water going in is fine?

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my babies :bong:

If you don't use any nutes I'm assuming your likely to get nutrient deficiencies. The high humidity is ok since your still in veg stage, but yes you'll want to bring that down when you start getting buds. If I were you I wouldn't skimp on the nutes, IMO it's one of if not the most important factor in growing your plants. If you don't have a lot of money to spend, then simply using $5 miracle grow plant nutes will be better than nothing. Just be sure not to get the slow release kind. Since you'll be using nutes only when you flower be sure to get one w/ a high phosphorus rating. (NPK = Nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium). Your PH should only fluctuate when you start using nutes. In my grow I haven't had to check the PH at all, guess I'm lucky. I've just been using distilled water throughout the grow w/ minimum recommended dose of FF Tigerbloom.
Good luck man, I hope I didn't give you any bad info haha.

yeah that's kind of what i was thinking based on my research. The nutes aren't too expensive, so I'll make sure I get some toward the end of the month. I've been looking at the FF nutrients and it looks like tigerbloom is the one i want to go with. Is it cool to use just one product for the whole flowering process? I probably wont start until the second week or so of flowering and then flush them for a week before harvest. Otherwise I could use a combo of tiger bloom and big bloom, but If at all possible id like to stick with just one product for now.

The plants have started growing their 5th node, so I'm going to start to LST them pretty soon.. I still need to get the other 2 in their new homes also..

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since they broke soil so I'll throw up some pics of them tomorrow morning.

Tiger Bloom is great, and is for use throughout the grow cycle. Grow Big and Big Bloom are supplementary nutes, so if you can't afford them than that's fine. I'd start using nutes asap, and your plants will thank you for it. The guy at my hyrdo shop told me that Tiger Bloom is going to be all I need, and he seems to be right.

i was going to ask if 1qt would be enough, then i just decided to figure it out on my own.. Here's what i came up with in case anybody else needs this info down the road.

1qt = 192tsp

By following the recommended feeding schedule of 2tsp/gal every other watering, it equates to 96 gallons of solution. Now, using the nutrients at half strength equates to 192 gallons of solution. Divide this by 6 plants, and we have 32 gallons per plant. Using the recommendation of feeding every other watering, we have 64 gallons of water available for each plant during flowering.

As much as i would love to have a 100% female ratio, the chances are it wont happen, so given the average 50% figure, I can estimate having 3 plants that will need fed up until harvest. I'm not sure exactly how much water I will be using as it is my first grow and water intake increases with the plants size, but as of now I am only giving them a maximum of 10oz of water every 3-4 days (~20oz a week * 6 = ~120oz, which is 8oz less than a gallon).

Even if the plants drank up to a gallon each per week, that's only 30 gallons of solution for 6 plants in a 10 week flowering period. Realistically, I will probably only use half of this or less.

I'm seeing that $20 for a bottle of tiger bloom is definitely worth the investment as it should last for 2 harvests.

Tiger Bloom is great, and is for use throughout the grow cycle. Grow Big and Big Bloom are supplementary nutes, so if you can't afford them than that's fine. I'd start using nutes asap, and your plants will thank you for it. The guy at my hyrdo shop told me that Tiger Bloom is going to be all I need, and he seems to be right.
its okay to use during vegging too? I'm looking at their recommended feeding schedule and it only lists tiger bloom during flowering... Then again, they are using grow big from weeks 2-4.

Back
Top Bottom