1st grow ever, 2 plants, Day 21 Veg, LST

redbud60

One is an Alaskan ThunderF**k and the other a NY Skunk Diesel. Vegging under a single 400 watt MH. Using the tie down LST method. Getting pretty bushy, they have been transplanted into 10 gallon containers.

day_21_veg_00.jpg

day_21_veg.jpg

day 21??? i'm exactly there now but yours look much better than mine i guess. congrats, you're probably doing all the right things...! :goodluck:
tell me, are you adjusting ph every single time you water? used and fret by now?

I adjust the ph as best i can after adding the nutrients. I have been using FoxFarm, Age Old Kelp, and Florablend as my main nutrients. And I have been using the FoxFarm at about half the recommended amounts. Also using RO water, Einstein oil, Protekt.
"used and fret by now"??? not sure what you mean by that.

He never said his were from seed.... but overall they look good and just throwing this out there alot of people say ferts as short for ferterlizer aka neutrients aka neuts

Yes they were from clones. What I guess I should have said is that these are 21 days from when I started the veg cycle. They were already about 7 inches tall. They have been harvested now and a new crop of their clones are already flowering. Got about 5oz of dried/cured bud off each plant. Fantastic smoke indeed.

Nice Good Job I hope I get that lucky. I was thinking about using fox farm. BUt why did u use half of recommendation whats the trick to that one. overall do u like the product? and have u tryd others. Thanks

Thanks, since I posted last in this thread I have 'revised' my nutrient feeding regiment. I use 100% RO water, starting out with 0 ppm is great. Then I stick fairly close to the recommended FoxFarm soil schedule. I fine tune the amounts by useing a Blulabs truncheon ppm/ec meter. This lets me know exactly how much of each nute I am using. I keep my PPM just a bit under the Foxfarm recommendations. I also am now using all three of the Foxfarm solubles, Open Sesame, Beastie Blooms, and ChaChing, along with the other Foxfarm nutes. Also use Florablend, and a little superthrive, and Floranectar, which is basicaly processed sugars. The truncheon meter is my best friend here, with the nutes.

Can I ask what you are adding for trace minerals? I have been doing a similar grow with fox farm ocean forest soil and fox farm nutes. However I came into the trouble of trace element deficiencies with a few of my plants because fox farms doesnt have enough trace elements and RO strips it out of the tap water which fox farms is intended for (a fox farms rep told me that via email when I emailed them about the issues). It seemed to show up once I started feeding them full doses of nutes.

I've decided to switch over to some different nutes but I think if you start on some kind of cal mag supplement you will be fine with fox farms nutes and RO water. They have some trace stuff but nothing with close to the amount of cal/mag you need.

Back
Top Bottom