1st Grow - LA Con - 9/19 - Sour Diesel & Afgahni - 9/29

spnrcky

Hey guy and gals. Im a first time grower whose growing under a 400w S51 ballace indoor grow. Ive been doing all types of research and feel that as a grower id feel that i am a beginner but a very quick learner. So far i have acquired LA Con, Afgahni, and Sour Diesel Clones from a medical dispensaries and have been growing and taking care of them since i got them. They seen to be doing good. I have custom built my grow room, no prior experience just copied the basic grow room model. So far everything has been going good. Im using fox farm soil as my medium and the fox farm nutrients for my plant food. Im also going to start added molasses to my plant food pretty soon. The LA con was started from clone and place right into a 2 gallon pot and i used 2xT5's for the first 10-14 days and then put under the 400w MH light. Ive noticed that the florescent light did my babies very good i think the softer light is a lot better than just throwing them in the the full watts. the plant was able to grow very healthy and seemed to do well. i will use this method for most future grows. Im very new to this so everybody all the help you can give me i will LOVE!! here goes nothing. so far the plants are just under 4 and 2 1/2 weeks from clone and have been all showing signs of pre flowering and we have all females. One of the Afgahni plants looked to be the weakest so i elected to top it at 2 1/2 weeks and will use that plat as and experimental plant. Sour diesel is very Stinky already. noticeable smell, im excited for good results.

Re: 1st grow- LA Con(9/19) / Sour Diesel & Afgahni(9/29)-

day 4 from clone, place in 2gal fox farm soil only water for first few feeds. PH set to about 6.4-6.6
DSC0146821.JPG

LA Con day 10 from clone!! so far its been under 2 t5's 18 hours.
IMAG0008101.jpg

LA con day 4 from clone top view
DSC0147121.JPG

LA con day 10 from clone 9/29
DSC0147331.JPG

LA con Day-17 [Oct 6th
IMAG0022111.jpg

LA con Oct 12th] day 23
IMAG005581.jpg

LA con Oct 16th Day 27
DSC0148321.JPG

top view
DSC0148111.JPG

Clone Afgahni & Sour Diesel
IMAG0021141.jpg

IMAG0024111.jpg

all under the same roof!
DSC0147641.JPG

Day 17 from clone Oct 16th Afgahni & Sour Diesel
DSC0148711.JPG

DSC0148411.JPG

Okay so so far so good, ill put up the most recent pictures following this reply. So far i have been feeding the LA con the fox fire big bloom but 3tsp per 1/2 gal, ive been giving it 1/2 gal of solution and half gal of fresh pure h20. seems to be doing good. would also love any suggestions on further nut usage. So far i think the only think that's gone wrong are some sun spots, but other than that i don't see any major problems. i like the green color but going to add molasses to see if that helps to make it even more green! well so far so good gang please help me with pointers for the best possible results. everyday i take plants and put them on the roof for that good sunlight, i spray with water. check for bugs. will soon add lady bugs for maintenance. but other than that i just let them plants do there thing give them water if i see they droop and just continue to grow them.

grow room, custom built.
IMAG001381.jpg

current updated look
DSC0148011.JPG

DSC0147841.JPG

IMAG005791.jpg

So far the grow has been doing good i added unsulfured molassas to my feedings only about 1/2 tsp per 1/2 gallon. One thing which i think does my plants well is i feed them more often but lesser amounts, ensuring my plants get a constant flow of new and good nutrients. you can really tell the difference vs larger feeds. will update pictures in about a day or so. good growing!!

Okay so far so good. the only problem i've encountered was leaving the plants too dry one day and they've had a slight droop. i gave them some water and they woke up reaching for the stars!! they all have been doing really good there growing and growing real good everyday. Im loving the new grow and the learning experience. I would love some feed back so im going to give all the specks of my grow again so somebody can comment: so far i have:

SOIL GROW

Strain - L.A. CON, AFGAHNI,SOUR DIESEL
# of Plants - 7
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - 400 Watt MH-38k Lum /VegHPS
Nutrients - Fox farm big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom
Medium - Fox Farm soil
PPM - 300( no co2 tank)
PH - 6.5
RH - 40% to 60%
Room Temperature -Day temp 70-84 night 75
Room Square Footage - 42inx72inx26in
Pests - None Known

first day after i planted all plants.
IMAG007510.jpg

my beautiful city! san diego...
IMAG00615.jpg

current look 10/25
DSC015164.JPG

Baking in the oven!
IMAG007412.jpg

close ups
DSC015111.JPG

DSC014901.JPG

They look healthy. Keep on keepin on.

okay so far so good. So far this is how i feed my plants. I use the fox farm big bloog, grow big, and for flowering tiger bloom. The instructions say to use 6tsp per gallon feed 2 times a week. i used 1/2gal containers to do my feedings and i feed each plant half the recommended uses and add molasses to my solution. about a tsp or 1/2 tsp per 1/2gal i feed my plant more often throughout the week but they eat better that way than feeling them up and letting them sit for a while, they really talk to me this way. There getting a more constant food throughout there whole cycle. i usually water later in the day so when the plants are feeding they have all that new food to work with. so far so good. Its been about 4 or 5 weeks per plant and i havent went over the recommended feeding but they loook real good i wonder if it matters? if the plants were getting enough nutrients they would tell me right?

You'll know in a couple a months. :)

okay so im wanting to start training my plants to get real wide. i don't really believe in cutting my bottoms of my plants, well all the bottoms because im growing just for me. i hate paying for weed because it gets pricy buttt if i can learn to make the best fire i will be golden for the rest of my life. sooo a small investment will pay dividens in the future. im going to geow my pant so that it grows wide and comes out then im gonna cut all thw wiring and make stakes and take a few clones and then flower her. that way i dont loose the small buds in which ill make for my "green butta" i call it lol. well guys tell me what you think. its pretty easy to make. u can use alot of different stuff but the key to it is to allow room for growth and just to train my plants to grow wide. you can even do layers, use your imagination and have a test plant. dont just be the basic grower.become a master of the craft, what ever craft it is.. keep growing.

You'll know in a couple a months. :)

hey do you know how to flush a plant. im about a week or two from starting to flower and i havent flushed any of my plants yet. also if i see for instance that a plant need more "N", via the yellowing of the leafs how do i get that plant more N. do i just feed it more? any information will be great thanks!

okay so today i was checking my plants and they are looking and smelling good. the Sour diesel is stinky stinky!!! and the afgahni has a good smell. i get them good water and only half the concentration of nutrients slowly adding more and more. i put my plants on my roof every day, unless suns not out, for a few hours. what ive noticed is the plants move to the sun. everyday they move from side to side. my theory is they are getting good exercise. it cant be bad for it. once i start to flower i will not do this anymore because i want my buds to get the best maximum light possible.

few close ups!
LA con after puring
IMAG00917.jpg

Sour diesel and Afgahni
IMAG00909.jpg

IMAG00897.jpg

All these plants have just hit the 4week mark the LA is 10 days older than the rest. i plan on throwing these plants into flowering next week. what do you guys think? should i let them grow a bit then flower or are they good right now for at least a ounce?
IMAG00887.jpg

if the plants were getting enough nutrients they would tell me right?

Yes. Leaf tips yellow or darken and curl down slightly as nute burn sets in (in my experience).

Most of those plants look great and don't need anything more in veg. The one thru the screen looks a tad yellow in the new leaves. New leaves should be lighter green but not yellow. She doesn't need more Nitrogen or she would be yellowing from the bottom, stealing from the older leaves to support chlorophyll formation in the new leaves. This could be an iron shortage, but it's not freak-out time. ;)

First, double-check pH. Maybe run a few gallons of plain pH'ed water thru instead of feeding next time to adjust the medium and then if you have any micronutrient at hand I would use it. Otherwise, just keep feeding her. Maybe pH her food/water to around 6.2 or so for a feed or two and see if she greens up. Iron is better absorbed at the lower pH.

hey do you know how to flush a plant. im about a week or two from starting to flower and i havent flushed any of my plants yet. also if i see for instance that a plant need more "N", via the yellowing of the leafs how do i get that plant more N. do i just feed it more? any information will be great thanks!

To do a proper flush, run 2-3 times the volume of the pot in water through it, preferrably ph'ed. You can add FoxFarm's Sledgehammer (I think that's it) or you could use Clearex instead, but you don't have to have either. If a veg plant needs more N, give it stronger veg food. Or you could go with straight-up feather tea or maybe some liquid guano.

Like I said though, overall they look healthy. You are doing fine. I'll pull up a chair and watch. :goodjob:

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom