1st Grow Of UNK Seed: 2021 Journal

Tonclon

Hello All,
Unknown seed, germinated, planted in a Solo cup and grew into legginess seedling. Jul 21, transplanted to 1gal Harvest potting mix, with about 2” of stem above mix. Aug 31, transplanted to 5gal fabric pot, 1/2 Harvest Potting Mix (bottom) and 1/2 FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil (top). Since, it looks healthy and now seeking advice from the Pro’s!

Currently, this UKN is my first grow to include three clones, separate journal. Due to temporary grow condition, would like to control grow to around 3-4ft, if possible. What recommendations would you offer on timeline to topping and flipping to veg? Also, extra eyes to spot sex as soon as possible would be truly helpful? Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

Current conditions below after modifying over time:
  • 6’Lx5.5’Hx2’D closet
  • 600W LED, Veg setting, 18/6hrs@30”
  • Fan 24/7
  • Temp 72-75
  • Humility 60-65
  • Soil pH 6.3
  • Watering pH 6-6.5
  • Alternate water and FoxFarm Big Grow 3-4 days
  • Diatomaceous Earth and sticky traps for small black flying pest
Sept 19
tempImageJYSM0b.png

Sept 22
tempImageziotaU.png

Sept 22
tempImagefj3l8U.png

First welcome to 420 Magazine @Tonclon

What recommendations would you offer on timeline to topping and flipping to veg? Also, extra eyes to spot sex as soon as possible would be truly helpful? Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

Most growers top/FIM the first time between the 4th and 6th nodes, how much space do you have between the top of you pot too the bottom of your light?

As for vegging, just leave your light on 18/6, until you are ready to switch to flower.

Take lots of images and we will show you how to determine sex.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

First welcome to 420 Magazine @Tonclon

Most growers top/FIM the first time between the 4th and 6th nodes, how much space do you have between the top of you pot too the bottom of your light?

As for vegging, just leave your light on 18/6, until you are ready to switch to flower.

Take lots of images and we will show you how to determine sex.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Hi Tom,
There’s 30” between top of pot and bottom of light. I can adjust and take it up 10-15 more inches if needed. For veg, trying to judge when to flip to shorten height?

Thanks for feedback!

There’s 30” between top of pot and bottom of light. I can adjust and take it up 10-15 more inches if needed. For veg, trying to judge when to flip to shorten height?
Okay, you do have some height to work with.

My suggestion would be to top her after the 4th or 5th node.

Since this plant has a lot of unknown factors; estimate a 2 to 3 times stretch in flower. I would think about switching her to 12/12 for flower when she reaches the height around 10 to 14 inches. Any long may become a problem during flower.

Tok..

Okay, you do have some height to work with.

My suggestion would be to top her after the 4th or 5th node.

Since this plant has a lot of unknown factors; estimate a 2 to 3 times stretch in flower. I would think about switching her to 12/12 for flower when she reaches the height around 10 to 14 inches. Any long may become a problem during flower.

Tok.

Took a close up showing 5 nodes, but not much to work with about. Height around 4 - 4 1/2". maybe another 1 - 2 weeks to reach >10".

23 Sept
IMG_1396.jpeg

tempImageqtjsNx.png

Nice job on the support gizmo, @Tonclon! If you see something similar turn up in one of my journals, give yourself a pat on the back. :Rasta:

BTW, the plant looks happy too!

Hello Growers,
Day 95, pretty sure She's a She?
tempImagebLJZHk.png

Trimmed her up a bit and added a little support.
tempImagewDu2iw.png

Can't say for sure what type training going on! But, after trimming and seeing all the new sites, decided to let her breath...

Thanks for viewing and any advance is appreciated!
Great setup Amigo.
Stay safe.
Bill

Nice job on the support gizmo, @Tonclon! If you see something similar turn up in one of my journals, give yourself a pat on the back. :Rasta:
Thanks GDB, glad you find the support has potential!
BTW, the plant looks happy too!
Can't wait to see how she turns out...
Great setup Amigo.
Stay safe.
Bill
Thanks Bill, wish I would have ran across your Gorilla Glue Clone Topped Before 10 Days Old journal several months ago. I'm new to this and started 1st grow with clones from a flowering plant. Took a couple of attempts and nearly two months with modifications to achieve roots for potting. Once potted, I didn't thing they would ever re-veg, but look at them now TonClon 1st Clone Inside Soil Grow 2021: Need Offensive Play Called!

Thanks GDB, glad you find the support has potential!

Can't wait to see how she turns out...

Thanks Bill, wish I would have ran across your Gorilla Glue Clone Topped Before 10 Days Old journal several months ago. I'm new to this and started 1st grow with clones from a flowering plant. Took a couple of attempts and nearly two months with modifications to achieve roots for potting. Once potted, I didn't thing they would ever re-veg, but look at them now TonClon 1st Clone Inside Soil Grow 2021: Need Offensive Play Called!
That thread has everything you need for Cloning, potting,uppotting and coco amendments.
Oh and how to fill and use air pots plus plant training, LST and branch break repairs and prevention.
And how to water young girls to grow their roots big and healthy.
It's a fantastic easy method of growing tons of huge clones.
Great for new growers.
Hope you got some good info from it.
Stay safe.
Bill

Hello Growers,
UNK has grown and showing lots of potential over the past 9 days. Trimmed some of the inner, large leaves to get more light to those lower-mid sites,

Increased feeding/watering from 1/3 to 1/2 gal every 3-4 day
Fox Farm feeding per gal
2 tsp Grow Big +
2 tsp Tiger Bloom +
1 tsp Big Bloom +
Few drops of Bush Doctor Sledgehammer Cal-Mag

Increased 600w lighting switches from Veg to Veg/Bloom

Avg Temp 74-77F and RH 60-61%

tempImage4zPA1X.png
tempImageIcZEex.png

Thanks for cruising by and advice is always welcomed!

Hello Growers,
Hope all enjoyed Thanksgiving, family, friends and all the good eats! Over the last couple of weeks I've been on the move and somewhat have neglected the GreenFam! As the pics show, leaves are yellowing. Believe it may have been a mixture of non-actions on my part. Less watering, increased heating, causing humility to drop to low 40s. Also, as I was anticipating on flipping, the feeding schedule got all out of wack!

Added drama, the main stem spit while tying down the limbs. Looped a pipe cleaner around it and thought I put too much stress on it. But, one of the clones located in the tent has has developed same problem with a couple of leaves yellowing.

No sign of pest, but mixing the vodka and cognac during a long holiday weekend may not have helped!

Current Situation:
Saturday 27th 1/2 gal water/Few drops of Bush Doctor Sledgehammer Cal-Mag and noticed sign of yellowing leaves.

Tuesday 30th feed 1/2 gal Fox Farm w/3 tsp Grow Big + 3 tsp Tiger Bloom and yellowing has worsen

Raised two 600W lights to 24ins Veg/Bloom switches on

Avg Temp 74-78F and RH 40-50%

Any ideas, other than self inflecting!

29 Nov
tempImage5G1UKT.png

tempImage2PDkhK.png

30 Nov
tempImageBNMoNv.png

tempImageNBakmI.png

Hello Growers,
Hope all enjoyed Thanksgiving, family, friends and all the good eats! Over the last couple of weeks I've been on the move and somewhat have neglected the GreenFam! As the pics show, leaves are yellowing. Believe it may have been a mixture of non-actions on my part. Less watering, increased heating, causing humility to drop to low 40s. Also, as I was anticipating on flipping, the feeding schedule got all out of wack!

Added drama, the main stem spit while tying down the limbs. Looped a pipe cleaner around it and thought I put too much stress on it. But, one of the clones located in the tent has has developed same problem with a couple of leaves yellowing.

No sign of pest, but mixing the vodka and cognac during a long holiday weekend may not have helped!

Current Situation:
Saturday 27th 1/2 gal water/Few drops of Bush Doctor Sledgehammer Cal-Mag and noticed sign of yellowing leaves.

Tuesday 30th feed 1/2 gal Fox Farm w/3 tsp Grow Big + 3 tsp Tiger Bloom and yellowing has worsen

Raised two 600W lights to 24ins Veg/Bloom switches on

Avg Temp 74-78F and RH 40-50%

Any ideas, other than self inflecting!

29 Nov
tempImage5G1UKT.png

tempImage2PDkhK.png

30 Nov
tempImageBNMoNv.png

tempImageNBakmI.png
Hello @Tonclon Garden looks great today.
A little tip leave both phases of you lights on all the time.
They can use both spectrums no matter what stage of growth they are at.
Every little bit helps.

Stay safe
Bill

Hello @Tonclon Garden looks great today.
A little tip leave both phases of you lights on all the time.
They can use both spectrums no matter what stage of growth they are at.
Every little bit helps.

Stay safe
Bill
Hello Bill,
Thanks for the feedback, both spectrums are on 18/6. Only lifted a couple of inches yesterday because of yellowing of leaves. If you look closely, the leaves are wilting and curling before turning yellow. Not sure what's going on with the ladies....

Hello Bill,
Thanks for the feedback, both spectrums are on 18/6. Only lifted a couple of inches yesterday because of yellowing of leaves. If you look closely, the leaves are wilting and curling before turning yellow. Not sure what's going on with the ladies....
So sorry I missed that my friend.
Ok are you putting the calmag into the mix first.
Do you water to run off?
Ph 6.3 ish?
Ff soil right been in there at least two months now?
Nutrient line call for a flush to remove salts?

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom