1st grow, yellowing of leaves getting worse

carachip24

Hi all, i am new to the world of growing, i have an autoflower which is 3.5 weeks old and it has just begun to show signs of flowering, everything has been going well until this week when i noticed the yellowing of the leaves, it seems to have started at the bottom and now is getting a wholeother worse.

I am growing in biobizz light mix with biobizz grow/ bloom but she hasn't had any bloom food yet,
i re-potted her on Friday from a 7.5ltr pot to a 15ltr pot as her roots were showing at the bottom.
When i transplanted i didn't feed her any neuts just ph'd water, previous to that she has only been fed twice with biobizz grow at 1ml/ltr the first time & 2ml/ltr the second time.

The yellowing started as the odd spot here & there but now some of the edges have gone crispy and its started yellowing between the veins.
I would really appreciate any advice on this.

Im trying to work out how to attach a picture(s).

Thankyou all.

2014-11-26_01_25_10.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/816586

I've tried to add a Few photos but im really not sure if I've done it right.

I've noticed that the green of the leaves has become much paler and some of the new growth looks a little stumped, it looks like yellow spray paint in some places(if u know what i mean), is this likely to be a deficiency, ph or over watering.
I really need to put this right as its getting worse everyday.

The only time i mist is once a week when i give her plant magic and i always do it as soon as lights go out. Maybe she could have been a little bit wet still when lights come back on but it seems to be getting worse, much worse, i really do not know what to do now. I have fed her yesterday with ph of 6.3 + 2ml of biogrow per ltr, 1ml of biobloom per ltr, 0.5ml magna-cal per ltr, she was only transplanted on Friday so i am hoping that she will settle now and the feed she had yesterday will help her.

Any comments/ help will be grrreatly appreciated.

Hmm maybe it was transplant shock? If it was they will recover in another 7 days most likely. Your nute solution seems fine, soilless medium seems fine, maybe it is just the shock. What's your temps and humidity like though? Any bugs around either?

Thankyou for ur quick reply, my temps sit at around 26-29 in the day & 20-21 at night, humidity is sitting between 50-70% in day & 60-80% at night, i will try & attach some more photos later, i am really getting worried now.

If you could reduce the temp range to 21-28C and the humidity to 50-60% those are ideal. 29C is the max temp you would want, unless you use CO2. If humidity is over 65% you will be more likely to see bugs or mold show up, under 60% and it won't be much of a problem. These things probably aren't affecting your plant right now but might in the future.

Sorry forgot to add, as for the little buggers, I've bought some mighty wash & im gonna give her a good spray tonight just as lights go out so hopefully if there is anything on there, there won't be by the morning, if its as good as the write up that is.

Took a look at the Mighty Wash stuff, idk what's in it but it says 99% water so can't hurt much probably. Neem oil is what I use to prevent bugs. Get some 100% Neem oil, some dish soap and warm water, mix it up, spray it on the plants a few time in veg and it should keep bugs from thriving on the plants. If a bug eats Neem oil, it's done for.

Yes i have bought some need oil & i have gave her a good dousing and followed that with another 3 days later so hopefully that will help keep them away, i was just unsure as to whether or not it was the right stuff but it says on the bottle "pure neem oil, (azadiraachta indica), i was just unsure if there was a different one?? Just because it says aromatherapy also on the bottle?
I'll try with the pics shortly. :)

Pure Neem oil is good, sounds like you got the right stuff. The other premade mixes or sprays don't work as well as the 100% stuff. If you want to give us more info you can fill this out:
How many plants? What strains?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule like?

I have 1 plant, royal queen seeds, royal cheese autofem.
4 weeks old today 27-11-14
Indoor grow, grow tent 80x80x160, 400w hps, just changed from 400w mh.
4" extract fan 187m3/h.
Using biobizz light mix with 30% perlite.
Pot size is 15ltr, just transplanted on Friday from a 7.5ltr pot as her roots were beginning to become visible at bottom of pot.
400w hps with reflector, just changed from mh 400w.
Temps usually in day sit around 26.5-29, rh-50-65%.
Temps at night are around 20-21, rh- 65-80%.
I use bottled spring water with a ph of 6.3.
I have used neem oil twice 3 days apart as soon as lights went out in case of any pests, I've also just purchased some mighty wad for the same purpose.
Watering schedule started at once every 7 days but now she's bigger that seems to have reduced slightly to every 5-6 days, and she's in a bigger pot.

I hope this info will help someone to identify the probs im having as i really want to sort it out, its my first grow tent& all i know is what I've read, although I've done a lot of research & reading i do seem to find alot of conflicting info.

Any comments/ tips will be grrreatly appreciated.:-\

I forgot to ask, should i check the ph of my soil and water?? If so how do i do that/ or where can i find what i need for this. Thankyou all.:)

u check ur ph make sure ur not locked up,, mag,iron,zinc will get all f'ed up,to b 100% sure get run off test from ur medium that test the strength in n-p-k and others.that will tell ya,if ur leaves r curling like a claw probably-k/potassium,but check ur runoff if ur ph. is ok to b 1oo%.peace.ss sorry didn't notice pics,yeah check ph.,then runoff the tests that they read eack nute in itself,im not 100% sure ive had that b4 just cannot remember,do that test.find at lowes w-mart.

I have 1 plant, royal queen seeds, royal cheese autofem.
4 weeks old today 27-11-14
Indoor grow, grow tent 80x80x160, 400w hps, just changed from 400w mh.
4" extract fan 187m3/h.
Using biobizz light mix with 30% perlite.
Pot size is 15ltr, just transplanted on Friday from a 7.5ltr pot as her roots were beginning to become visible at bottom of pot.
400w hps with reflector, just changed from mh 400w.
Temps usually in day sit around 26.5-29, rh-50-65%.
Temps at night are around 20-21, rh- 65-80%.
I use bottled spring water with a ph of 6.3.
I have used neem oil twice 3 days apart as soon as lights went out in case of any pests, I've also just purchased some mighty wad for the same purpose.
Watering schedule started at once every 7 days but now she's bigger that seems to have reduced slightly to every 5-6 days, and she's in a bigger pot.

I hope this info will help someone to identify the probs im having as i really want to sort it out, its my first grow tent& all i know is what I've read, although I've done a lot of research & reading i do seem to find alot of conflicting info.

Any comments/ tips will be grrreatly appreciated.:-\

Ok most of this looks good! I would reduce the humidity though, anything over 65% and you risk bugs or mold coming in. Your temps sound fine too, just don't let it go under 20C. Seems like you know about ph and watering so all good there. What do you use to get your micronutrients?

Thanks for ur reply, i haven't added anything but thru biobizz grow/ bloom & magna-cal, should i also be adding micro nutrients i wasn't sure about it, please could u recommend the best one to use with the biobizz range.
All ur help is most greatly appreciated.

tell ya the truth brother im only used to using foxfarm trio who makes biobizz,one thing I will not do like some others even though they meen well is give u info that im not sure on,if u figured out what the problem is like potassium,or phosphorous,ask Robert bergman he has a website called 420(I love growing marijuana)hes very good at nute definciencys especialy if u have pics,i think its p-k if it is u just need to get something that has a highratio rate in those nutes,but he has a seed sight in Amsterdam and u can even download the growbible for free,send him ur pics,dont have to buy nothing if strapped 4 cash ask him the cheapest way to solve ur problem,wish I had all the answers ive been doin this 4 20 yrs and still learning.thats the best advice I can give and he nows his shit,send pics to him on his web page Ilmg www.---------------------.com/seeds hes ur best bet if u cannot find a true professional on here,there are but ask himlok at the sight and u will c links to ask ?and post photos.hope this helps,good friend.unfortuanately sometimes we got to learn by mistakes,it sucks but keep on growin,peace.ss61

Back
Top Bottom