2 Liter Hempy SOG - Critical Mass

AkThunderFunk

Hey everyone. Been growing in your standard 3 gallon air pots full of dirt, with your typical 3 weeks veg and 8-9 weeks flower, with great results thus far. I have always liked the idea of starting a journal, sharing my bit of knowledge and experience, while gaining inputs and ideas from the community. I just never knew where to start since I was already in the middle of grows. But now, I'm making the switch to 2 liter hempy's and starting from seed, so this is a perfect time. I will try to be as thorough as possible, and post lots of pictures. Any input from the community is welcomed and would be greatly appreciated. On to the grow:
I have 5 feminized Critical Mass seeds, that will be grown in air pots full of Botanicare's ReadyGrow mix. Hopefully I'll get 2 or 3 good strong plants out of the 5, and these will be my mothers. From there, clones will put into a 50 site, home made aerocloner. And hopefully, if everything goes good in the cloner, the strongest 30 clones will be placed into 2 liter hempy bottles, full of 75% perlite and 25% vermiculite. Placed under some T5's for 2, possibly 3 days, to adjust. Than immediately placed into flower under my 1000 watt hps, where they will sit and be loved on while they *knock on wood* produce big juicy colas. I will, of course, go more in depth as to what I'm doing, how I'm doing it, and why I'm doing it every step of the way. With lots of pictures. And will hopefully receive input and suggestions from you all. While I do understand the basic science of growing, I am still an amateur and have a lot to learn, so I'm ALWAYS open to new ideas. That's the just of it for now, I'll have an update as to where I'm at now, with pictures, later on today. Thanks everyone.

Re: 2 liter hempy SOG; Critical Mass

image2288.jpg
I use the water method for germinating seeds, just preference, no reason why. I put 5 seeds into a small glass of water, and placed the cup in a warm, dark place. After 36 hours they all cracked and starting showing little tails. From what I've read, most people would leave them in there longer and wait for more root to pop out, but they can't get oxygen, so once they crack I take them out and drop them in the dirt. For no reason other than it worries me they won't get enough oxygen and die. Everyone else seems to get good results with staying in the water longer, so improbably just over thinking it.
image2289.jpg
here they are in little 4 inch pots full of ReadyGro, just over a foot under a single 2foot T5. It's hard to see the thermostat but its about 75 or 76 degrees in there. I have a humidity dome that I'm probably going to keep on there until a little after they sprout. I saturated the dirt with R/O water ph'd down to 6. I'll just spray the dirt as needed from now on.

Thanks. Are they not showing up full size? I'm doing it on my iPhone, and they look big. I'll have to get out the laptop and see what it looks like on a normal computer. Appreciate the heads up.

image2288.jpg
I use the water method for germinating seeds, just preference, no reason why. I put 5 seeds into a small glass of water, and placed the cup in a warm, dark place. After 36 hours they all cracked and starting showing little tails. From what I've read, most people would leave them in there longer and wait for more root to pop out, but they can't get oxygen, so once they crack I take them out and drop them in the dirt. For no reason other than it worries me they won't get enough oxygen and die. Everyone else seems to get good results with staying in the water longer, so improbably just over thinking it.
image2289.jpg
here they are in little 4 inch pots full of ReadyGro, just over a foot under a single 2foot T5. It's hard to see the thermostat but its about 75 or 76 degrees in there. I have a humidity dome that I'm probably going to keep on there until a little after they sprout. I saturated the dirt with R/O water ph'd down to 6. I'll just spray the dirt as needed from now on.

How does the dirt stay in the pots this way??

CA215. Good to have ya. First time growing CM, but I have heard nothing but good things.

Alaskan1: lmao. It's a nifty little trick I picked up in talkeetna. Apparently critical mass gets so dense and heavy, it's better to grow upside down.

CA215. Good to have ya. First time growing CM, but I have heard nothing but good things.

Alaskan1: lmao. It's a nifty little trick I picked up in talkeetna. Apparently critical mass gets so dense and heavy, it's better to grow upside down.

In Soldotna we just lay it on it's side and let it grow sideways, closer to the dirt that way. You know'd us Alaskans, we be Jeanie us ezs

And just for the record......All Talkeetna is is one big weed fest. Drive into town and you can smell the weed a growin and a burnin lol
It's the San Francisco of Alaska except with guns

One of the many reasons why I love talkeetna. If there was work in talkeetna and the girls there started shaving their legs. I'd move there in a heartbeat.

image2397.jpg
4 out of the 5 have popped and are looking great. The 5th one is just starting to show through, but its lagging pretty far behind, probably won't keep her. I was just misting with strait ph'd water, but today I gave them their first light feeding. I used Advanced grow, micro, bloom series. At 1 ml/liter. That's really all I have to report so far. Going to be slow for the first little bit, but once these ladies (hopefully, they are supposed to be feminized seeds) grow up enough to clone, this will start kicking off and should get pretty interesting hopefully.

i can not see how far above your plants your lights are located, josh223 may be correct. i would position your lights 5-6 inches above your plants or prop up your seed tray to that height.

Back
Top Bottom