2014 - Hempy - SOG - Sweet Tooth

I noticed you have a water bottle in the water - probly to control temps - Do you leave your pump on 24/7?

I found for cloning with an aerocloner they do much better for me in my opinion with a warmer water temp

My aerocloner water temps are at about 80 or so and I run the cloner pump 24/7, unlike my LP aero grow which i do 8 seconds on 12 mins off and keep at 70 degrees

once they root and are doing well and only if i have to keep them there cuz there is no room to veg yet, then i turn on my chiller and add small small dose of nutes and some root start with a little hydroguard - unless your roots are hanging in the water you really dont need hydroguard i just like to do it for safe measures

I have about 90% root rate and the loss of 10% is only cuz i didnt dip root hormone for 30 mins on some for testing - much better results with a 30 min soak before placing in the cloner.

I am learning to so if im wrong on something, someone let me know, but this works for me WELL!!

I love my aerocloner!!

Thank for the input everyone. This is my first time cloning.

Sphnx I just dipped the cuttings in the Clonex for a couple sec and pop them in the cloner. They get sprayed with 50/50 R.O/Tap water ph to 6.

Thanks for the advice mrrobert420. I run my pump 24/7. I am going to make some adjustments!! Mainly warmer water temps and longer dip time for clones.

Check this out, it's part of my cloning technique. Take from it what you will :)

Do a light Veg A B mixture, I mean a couple drops of each and then do 10mL's of clonex into the mixture. Thats why I soak my cubes in and water the unrooted clones with. They need nutrients but light doses and the clonex makes sure they get the hormones.

Edit: But I do dip the clones first too. Forgot to add that.

Thank for the input everyone. This is my first time cloning.

Sphnx I just dipped the cuttings in the Clonex for a couple sec and pop them in the cloner. They get sprayed with 50/50 R.O/Tap water ph to 6.

Thanks for the advice mrrobert420. I run my pump 24/7. I am going to make some adjustments!! Mainly warmer water temps and longer dip time for clones.

anything to help - i used to dip for a couple seconds too and then I was tipped of from a grow journal on the long dip time so it saturates into the stem and doesn't just was right off - really made a huge difference for me :) I was happy i tried it :)

Check this out, it's part of my cloning technique. Take from it what you will :)

Do a light Veg A B mixture, I mean a couple drops of each and then do 10mL's of clonex into the mixture. Thats why I soak my cubes in and water the unrooted clones with. They need nutrients but light doses and the clonex makes sure they get the hormones.

sphnx when you say soak your cubes? are using an aerocloner ? :)

No, I use rockwool cubes. I soak the cubes in a 5 gallon bucket with 50ppms of A and B, roots excel, and cloneX for 24 hours. Purple water lol :)

No, I use rockwool cubes. I soak the cubes in a 5 gallon bucket with 50ppms of A and B, roots excel, and cloneX for 24 hours. Purple water lol :)

ahhh got it i was confused for sec - My buddies all do it that way in thte cubes with alight nute mix and some hormone - pretty fool proof also :)

Out of all my years I've only lost maybe 20 clones total. And I usually take 50 or 60 then give the rest away. It always works.

thats an EXCELLENT track record lol !!

Science man. If you re-create the exact environment and feeding everytime you'll get the same result. But they're are always a few variables that can take place.

i agree! - the only reason i went with aercloning was because i liked the fact that oxygen really is in great supply with this method - plus i kinda dig equipment lol hahaha im weird like that lol

Big ups you guys. Making me feel like a noob, which I kinda am. :) I am happy to report roots are popping thru. Hell Yeah! Could not get any good pics tho. Never heard of the cube cloning with nutes and hormones. Have to give that a try sometime. What does hydroguard do?

IMG_20141016_073423659_HDR.jpg

good looking cuttings

I will go with mrrobert420,pumps on 24/7. at this time of year I use an aquarium heater set at 74.-76

in both my bucket and the turbo cloner.

hell yea good job! i was sooo excited when i first saw roots...... I share your excitement with you!!!

Thanks everyone!! My roommates don't grow and when I told them I had roots, they just looked at me weird and said " so when is it harvest time?" lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets excited over roots.

Dam. I think the roots grow faster then the plant can above ground. Growing like crazy! Its awesome. Also awesome if you guys drink beer is Blue Moon Cinnamon Horchata Ale. I Repeat Cinnamon Horchata Ale.

IMG_20141019_085609854_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141019_085918240_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141005_134844731_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom