21 Days After Germination - Are My Plants Stunted?

DogOn

Hi, This is my 1st grow and I am doing it in an indoor Grow tent in Arizona. The outside temperature is 110 F, but in my room I have a grow tent that has an evaporative cooler that raises the humidity and lowers the temperature to a range of 82 F -96 F inside the grow tent, but I use a CO2 injection system and a humidity % of 60% in the veg stage. (CO2 levels range are 800 ppm - 1500ppm).

My strain is a Bloody Skunk Autoflower in soil, I do all the PH monitoring and try to keep my flogro trio and cal mag nutrients to a minimum. I also use Seaweed nutrients to help them cope with the heat and my LED lights are 1000W Double Chips Full spectrum. This is day 21 after germination and I think my plants might be stunted a bit..... I cant tell because my lack of experience and this is also a relatively short plant in itself.

Please look at them and tell me if you notice them stunted..... I am trying not to kill my plants with too much kindness (overwatering and an excess of nutrients) but as a concerned parent, I cant tell if anything is wrong with my babies....

Auto flower you say? How big is the pot? Bigger the pot the bigger the plant especially with autos. Dont know if I can see it clearly but it looks like it may be budding already at the top there. Some closer pics? Maybe someone else who knows autos can help. @Pterostychus maybe?

50% Kellog Organic soil, 30% Black soil, 20% worm castings

Might need some aeration, like perlite, to allow for some good drainage and ability to get oxygen to the roots. I imagine the Kellog has some in it, but the black soil and worm castings wouldn’t.

If the soil is holding on to water or getting compacted, it could prevent the roots from filling the pot quickly, and result in smaller plants.

Its like a 3-4 gallon pot
That is 2/3 full, which makes it a 1-2 gallon pot....

Autos grown in soil, imho, do best in a 5 or 7-gallon pot. I have had nothing but bad luck with 3-gallons. Now is a good time to look at a larger pot and, while you are repotting, add about 20% (of total volume) perlite and/or coir.

Your auto will reward you in the end....

:goodluck:

That is 2/3 full, which makes it a 1-2 gallon pot....

Autos grown in soil, imho, do best in a 5 or 7-gallon pot. I have had nothing but bad luck with 3-gallons. Now is a good time to look at a larger pot and, while you are repotting, add about 20% (of total volume) perlite and/or coir.

Your auto will reward you in the end....

:goodluck:

Should I replant now? Is she flowering now?

They dont seem to have a drainage problem..... when I water, the excedent water immediately flows under and it gets absorbed on top very quickly
Drainage is rarely an issue...if you never tried fabric pots I recommend considering them...they allow the roots to air prune, allow excess water to drain, are reusable, and inexpensive.

More often, water retention is the issue....perlite and coir will help aerate AND retain moisture. If you have enough coir or perlite in the soil, you can water every 2-3 days as needed.

Most of an autos life is spent in flowering stage, so expect a good stretch after the pistils show, they'll easily double in size from the start of flower. But.... autos are temperamental little bitches, and heat will definitely stunt TF out of them.
Here's a few of my heat stroke victims...

I keep my shit like an ice box now (feels that way when walking in from TX heat) but I stay around 72° on the low end & 77° on the hot end....

Green Days!
-P:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom