2nd Grow - 1 Cream Caramel - 2 White Widow - 400W HPS

lovitonce

DAY 1..

:welcome:Hey peeps:), welcome to my second grow. My first grow is not over yet but i transplanted one of my girls outside and finally put my grow tent and my cool tube up, so i have some space i can work with. The strain i will be growing on this run will be 1 feminized Cream Caramel from Sweetseeds and 2 feminized White Widow's from Nirvana. Im planning on keeping the Cream Caramel and one WW as mothers if i find a phenotype i like, or at least as long as they show some good indica traits and healthy vigorous growth. im only topping them once and not doing as much defoliation as i did on my first grow. I just threw the girls (seeds) in some 6.3 phed water and will be leavimg them in there for about 24. Then ill be putting them in some Happyfrog soil. On this grow im going to pay extra attention to the ph at the root of my plants and the ph of my nutrient mix from the very start of my grow. Here are the specs on the setup: i want to add that this is how my initial setup looks like and the best setup i can put together at the moment due to lack of resources but i will be fine tuning my setup as i get more grows under my belt ..

Strain:1 Cream Caramel (Female Seeds), 1 White Widow (Female Seeds) and 1 White Widow (Nirvana).

Soil: 50/50 FoxFarm Happy Frog/FoxFarm Ocean Forest. I will be germinating them in 100% FoxFarm Happy Frog soil because ive read that their Ocean Forest is a hot mix and can burn seedlings. Ill be transplanting them about 4 or 5 times until i work my way up to a 5 or 7 gallon pot.ill be transplanting them into the 50/50 mix of FFOF and FFHF on my second transplant. Im hoping that the by transplanting them so many times that the new soil im adding on every transplant gives my pkants a boost (sorta) and by doing this i wont have to feed them little to no nutrients during vegg....., i will ,also, be mixing in about 35% perlite to my soil for Better drainage. Btw i called the people from FF and asked them for the ph of their soil and was tolled that they ph their soils at 6.3. I think that was the problem with my last grow. The ph of my soil was to high.:/ anyways...lol

PH Control:
I will be using General Hydroponics test drops along with some Ph Up/Down

Lights:
Vegetative stage:
I will start with about 79 watts witch is 3 cfl bulbs (6500k) and will be increasing the amout of watts/lights as the plants get bigger.
Flowering stage:
I will be flowering them under an Apollo 400 watt Cool Tube with an Hps lamp.

Tent:
40"×40"×78" ..dont know what to say about the tent but it looks like it will serve its purpose after a few modifications. I bought it from Low Baller on ebay. I really do recomend buying from tgem if you are looking for an affordable and well made tent. The mods i had to make to the tent were minimal. I just had to get some 1" coin velcro pieces and glue them to the flaps that go over the zipper; to hold the flaps down. From the experience i had with them i can say they have very good customer serice A++.....would recommend guys.

Air cirlculation:
Im going to be running a "Vents" 6inch 225cfm inline fan im going to go with a filter>fan>cooltube setup and will be pushing the air through the cooltube. I think it is better this way because the fan does not pickup any extraheat from the light due to the air picking up the heat from my light and then dumping it on my fans motor as it passes over it. Im thinking the 225cfm is enough to keep my light/tent cool and provide good air circulation. If it isnt i have another 435cfm fan i can put in but i think its over kill my tent is a good size for the 400watt hps i have in there so that will help keep temps in check.

Heating and cooling:i have a window ac unit cooling the room i have the tent in and a little 4 inch personal heater, i gonna jimmy rig both the heater and window unit to a honeywell 7 day programmable wall thermostat. Im gonna set the thermostat to keep temps between 67° and 81°f.. my lights will be going on in the day time and of at night due to the average temps i experience where i live. I think it will be easier to keep temps in check.

Here is a look at the strains im growing and some of the medical benefits they provide.....

White Widow
Breeder: Nirvana
Height: Medium
Hybrid: 60%indica/40%sativa
Flowering time: 8 to 10 weeks
White Strain
Medical use: Yes High: produces a powerful buzz yet energizing and social. White widow is a good strain for people suffering from loss of appetite, anxiety attacks and depression. It is a great strain to smoke if you want to obtain a positive feeling that will make you socialize and have a chatty session with some friends(#goodtimes;).White widow is, also, highly recommended if you are looking for a good marijuana strain that can bring you in a state of relaxation and at the same time giving you aid when pain symptoms strike during migraine, recurrent headache, arthritis and/or backaches.

Cream Caramel
Breeder: Sweet Seeds
Height: Short and bushy
Hybrid: 90%indica/10%sativa
THC: 15-20% CBD: 1,6% CBN: 0,6%
Flowers: 8 to 9 weeks Pedigree: Blue Black x Maple Leaf x White Rhino

The Cream Caramel indica cannabis strain is best for loss of appetite but also useful with insomnia, stress and headaches.- The strain get its name from its unique taste that some say tastes like having a nice cup of caramel coffee with a little creamer in it.- This strain has great sedative effects so its best to smoke this one at night before bed or when you just want to relax hard.- It gives you a strong body high, so don't expect to be doing anything active after having this strain.- It is the perfect cure for those suffering from eating disorders because it makes you very hungry. Cream Caramel is Usually a favourite for customers who buy it for medical use, it has high levels of THC and enough CBD to induce a narcotic and physical "high". Again, it is good for insomnia, headaches, migrains, loss of appetite and/or arthritis...

Awards:

1st Prize - Indoor,Tierra - Copa de Oiartzun '07
1st Prize - Exterior - Copa Catalunya de Grows '08
1st Prize - Exterior - 2ª Coppa D'Italia Cannabica - Roma 2008
1st Prize - Exterior - Cannabis Champions Cup '09
1st y 2º Prize - Malaga 2009
1st Prize — Spannabis, Barcelona 2010

Well guys thats all i have for know. I hope i can put a decent journal together for you guys to enjoy and maybe if you dont learn to grow good weed from my journals then for sure youl learn how "not" to grow good weed lol all in all were all gonna learn something so its all good lol;)...:Namaste:..peace!

#yourawesome :)

Re: 2nd grow, 1 Cream Caramel (SweetSeeds), 2 White Widow (Nirvana), 400w

..Oh and as far as nutrients im debatimg between Maxibloom and Dynagro..im not sure yet im still going to read up on the maxibloom i was thinking of using the maxibl9om throughout the whole grow while using the lucas formula ive been reading about. Im not sure though still need to read up on it a little.

Interested in seeing your cream caramel plant grow. Ive just started 4 myself, but outside in a green house (my first ever grow). I take it these plants are auto's? Loving the description of the cream caramel, all people want to smoke round my area are sativa strains, cant wait to have some weed that will knock me out :lot-o-toke:

I heard it can be very stressful for the plants to keep moving them into different pots, but I am only a beginner.

Peace and all the best,

Jahmid

Transplanting is easy. Yes it is stressful on plants. Try to b use pots that let the whole root ball come out. By doing this. The plant won't shock as bad. But be very careful not to disrupt the root ball to much. Less stress is the best.

May I ask what size pot are you going from to, or how many times do you have to transplant.

Sup jrd0821 thanks for stopping by:):thumb:
Im probably going to leave then in the littlwe jiffy pots for a few days and then transplant the into 2gallon pots <5gallon <7 gallon with like with about a week or so between transplants.

Interested in seeing your cream caramel plant grow. Ive just started 4 myself, but outside in a green house (my first ever grow). I take it these plants are auto's? Loving the description of the cream caramel, all people want to smoke round my area are sativa strains, cant wait to have some weed that will knock me out :lot-o-toke:

I heard it can be very stressful for the plants to keep moving them into different pots, but I am only a beginner.

Peace and all the best,

Jahmid

Welcomw to my grow Jahmid:)

Its a regular feminized Cream Caramel. Ive read that auto-flowering bud plants loose alot of their potency so i really dont plan on growing any, maybe outside but we'll see.
As far as transplanting being steessfull, yea it is but like j.r said you gotta be easy with the roots and not let the light/air hit the roots for to long, so you gotta be quick when transplanting. I get the new pot im transplanting into ready before i pull my plants out of their old pots. They probably see light for like 10 sec. If that before i get them into their new pot.

UPDATE 06/01/2015
DAY 2

Well guys, all of my seeds have cracked and their tap roots have emerged:thumb:. 3 out of 3 germed in one day. I went ahead and planted them in some jiffy pots with FFHF soil that i moistened up with pure pure phed tap water. (I leave my water out for a day or so before i feed it to my plants so that the chlorine in the water evaporate. I read that the chlorine in the water will kill benefital bacteria that is in the soil when you feed the plants. The bacteria is good for your plants so you dont want to kill it....here are some pics;)

Seeds in origi al packaging from Bonzaseeds.
Screenshot_2015-06-01-15-26-24.png

Seeds showing their tap roots. I wanted to take i pic of all of them before i put them in soil but i had forgot and by the time i remembered i had already planted the Cream Caramel (CC). Both seeds in this pic are the White Widows (WW).
Screenshot_2015-06-01-15-32-44.png
Screenshot_2015-06-01-15-32-39.png

Here they are in their new home;) ..
Screenshot_2015-06-01-14-49-57.png

UPDATE 06/02/2015
DAY 3

Cream Caramel (Sweetseed)...shes looking good. Shes actually the healthiest one of all.
Screenshot_2015-06-03-13-08-02.png

White Widow (WW1) (nirvana)..shes looking ok. Her and her sister are looking kinda scrawny to me but i guess the one in the pic below is looking the healthiest; compared to her sister.
Screenshot_2015-06-03-13-06-19.png

WW2 (Nirvana)..shes not looking good to me at all her stem is not looking good to me. Im thinking i got a couple of bad seeds (runts) from nirvana..."whats up with that Nirvana?!" *shaking my head*... as you can see she was looking like she was having a problem sheding her shell, so i went ahead and removed it for her. I hope im just being paranoid:/
Screenshot_2015-06-03-13-07-26.png

Screenshot_2015-06-03-13-07-16.png

UPDATE 06/04/2015
DAY 4

Sup peeps ..I think i was being a little "noid" yesterday..today i checked up on them and their looking pretty good if i do say so myself;)....ill tell you one thing peeps this is the most stressfull part of the grow that ive experienced so far. Once they get past the seedling stage its pretty hard to kill them...damn plants are pretty tuff:/ ..anyways they have pretty much been doing all the hard work ive only been keeping their soil moist with 6.2 to 6.8 ph'ed water. As you guys all ready know you dont need to feed them until like week 2 or 3. All they need is pure water, At this stage they have enough nutrients in their embryonic leaves and soil to get them past the seedling stage. Make sure your soil is for germinating seedling because it is low in nutrients and wont burn your seedlings. Im using 100 % FFHappyFrog soil to germinate because HappyFrog isnt as rich in nutrients as FFOceanForest soil and have read about Ocean Forest burning seedling when used to germinate seeds. Here are some pics guys..

Cream Caramel ..shes growing faster than the rsst of them. Her embryonic leaves finally opened up. I had to remove her shell and some of the membrane stuff. She was having a hard time doing it on her own so i went ahead and did it for her. . The membrane stuff was holding her embryonic leaves closed and her two true leaves were already visible so, yea, i went ahead and removed them. Shes looking better today:thumb:
Screenshot_2015-06-04-12-50-48.png
Screenshot_2015-06-04-12-43-59.png
Screenshot_2015-06-04-12-42-15.png
Screenshot_2015-06-04-12-43-41.png

White Widow..from seed her and her sister looked like runts. The one in the pic below is the one that is growing ok..shss almost as tall as the CC, so shes showing some good growth.
Screenshot_2015-06-04-12-52-15.png
Screenshot_2015-06-04-12-52-56.png

White Widow 2 ..this one is the smallest of my baby girl ..she looks good though ..her embryo leaves are droopy but im not woried about that to much im just going to watch them and let them do their thing ...ya feel me lol..i hope i get some good herbs out these girl :thumb::Namaste:
Screenshot_2015-06-04-12-53-52.png
Screenshot_2015-06-04-12-45-31.png
Screenshot_2015-06-04-12-54-58.png
Screenshot_2015-06-04-12-54-27.png

Thanks for the input bro...you brought up a very good point. Your right. I was thinkimg that a week between transplants was to soon but mostly because im planning on vegging them for 2 to 2 1/2 months and only wanted to transplant about 3 or 4 times untill i work my way up to 5 or 7 gallon pots. Now that you broight that to my attention i will be transplanting them every 2 weeks or so instead.thanks J.R

Hey no problem. I did the same thing your doing. I started in 2g pot, then went to 5g. Then they out grew those. Couldn't find a bigger pot at any local store beside big planter pots like 15g and up. Its was crazy summer trying to hide a 6ft cannabis plant. Lmao it was fun. I'm prepared this year though.

I transplanted four times last year. Last time was in late August. I was d super scared

I'm here for the ride.

Damn Roach, your just full of good freakin ideas bro, what kind of material were you planning on using for the pots? I was actually thinking i should transplant my girl from my first grow before i switch them over to flowering. Ive been gradually cutting back on my lights on time so the transition from vegg to flower wont be to much of a shock to them. Right now im at 14on/10off.....but yea, thats a really good idea bro..:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom