420 Magazine's Photo of the Month: November 2023

Well, apparently this is already a battle for second or third place, lol, that opening salvo is super strong. :rofl: I have no bud shot in that league so I gotta go a different route. I call this one “Live Logo.” It’s a young Double Grape Auto budlet.
Oh my, these responses. I'm so flattered my flabber is gasted.

Seems like there is a side competition on the compliments I'm getting, and that feels better than any award.

Thank you, Jon.

Good capture, btw. Good luck in the voting.

Who are the seeds from? Did you use cold temps to achieve that purple or is that genetics 🧬? I think it’s the best looking plant I’ve ever seen. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo: :cheer:
The seeds are from a non sponsor so I don't mention them unless asked.

In this case this is from what I understand was a former sponsor, Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds. It is their proprietary strain of Amnesia Haze they call Amnesia Trance.

I think the color is the result of genetics, winter nighttime (lights off) temperatures in the coal room that get so chilly they'd turn anybody's nummies purple, and the fact I screwed up on that grow in every way possible, ending up with a runty, colorful grow.

I recall I only got about half an ounce a square foot on that grow, making the yield on compliments on the photo much greater than the actual yield of the plants themselves.

Truly, I appreciate your sincere compliment on this photo. It brings great joy.

MGM

Thank you, Tokin, I appreciate that. She was a beautiful plant. Small, but pretty.

MGM
It’s literally like a rainbow 🌈 of colors and that it’s small doesn’t take away from its beauty. I think you should have entered it for POTM. But still a nice entry. CL🍀

You are kind, CL,

This photo comes from a recent harvest that predates my membership here. I thought it would be a good way to attract those interested in photography. It's already done an outstanding job on that score.

As for POTM, the White Widow I just harvested looked pretty good herself the last day or two -- maybe not in the class of a photo that is causing this kind of stir, but something more that showed off the entire plant and what a really great sponsored product, @ViparSpectra XS 1500 can do with a 2x2 grow footprint.

My hope in showing a currently growing plant that I am journaling is to attract more followers, particularly as I bring this journal to a close soon, and start a new one with Dos-Si-Dos from @SeedsMan.

Thank you!

MGM

You are kind, CL,

This photo comes from a recent harvest that predates my membership here. I thought it would be a good way to attract those interested in photography. It's already done an outstanding job on that score.

As for POTM, the White Widow I just harvested looked pretty good herself the last day or two -- maybe not in the class of a photo that is causing this kind of stir, but something more that showed off the entire plant and what a really great sponsored product, @ViparSpectra XS 1500 can do with a 2x2 grow footprint.

My hope in showing a currently growing plant that I am journaling is to attract more followers, particularly as I bring this journal to a close soon, and start a new one with Dos-Si-Dos from @SeedsMan.

Thank you!

MGM
I have two of the XS 1500 Pros and journal a 2x4 grow with them for Val. Awesome light. Powerhouses for their size. And from a photographic point of view, I really like how natural the plants look from most angles under these lights.

The seeds are from a non sponsor so I don't mention them unless asked.

In this case this is from what I understand was a former sponsor, Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds. It is their proprietary strain of Amnesia Haze they call Amnesia Trance.

I think the color is the result of genetics, winter nighttime (lights off) temperatures in the coal room that get so chilly they'd turn anybody's nummies purple, and the fact I screwed up on that grow in every way possible, ending up with a runty, colorful grow.

I recall I only got about half an ounce a square foot on that grow, making the yield on compliments on the photo much greater than the actual yield of the plants themselves.

Truly, I appreciate your sincere compliment on this photo. It brings great joy.

MGM
I know Amnesia Haze. Can you show the parental cross of their strain?

I have two of the XS 1500 Pros and journal a 2x4 grow with them for Val. Awesome light. Powerhouses for their size. And from a photographic point of view, I really like how natural the plants look from most angles under these lights.
Ooooooh, I so admire the Pro lights and their lenses. The regular XS 1500s are two years old and have one year left on the warranty. So those lights are on the radar.

Absolutely on the photo aspect, I also have an old ViparSpectra Dimmable 450w with the three color channel dimmers, which help bring out colors.

MGM

I know Amnesia Haze. Can you show the parental cross of their strain?
Yes, I do include that in my journal as I tried to germinate some seeds. Here are the notes I included:

Breeder Comments:
  • Cross of Cambodian and Super Silver Haze
  • Mostly Sativa strain with a hint of Indica.
  • Amnesia won the High Times Cannabis Cup in 2004,
  • Version 2.0 of the standard Amnesia.
  • May reach 100 cm (3 ft) in height if grown freely inside
Thank you for your interest, Jon!

MGM

Ooooooh, I so admire the Pro lights and their lenses. The regular XS 1500s are two years old and have one year left on the warranty. So those lights are on the radar.

Absolutely on the photo aspect, I also have an old ViparSpectra Dimmable 450w with the three color channel dimmers, which help bring out colors.

MGM
I was really impressed by the @ViparSpectra XS-1500 Pro. I don’t think 🤔 there’s a better light 💡 for the price. And Val’s a really cool rep. lol CL🍀

Thank you, Dr. Butane! I appreciate the comment very much. You and the others on this thread have brought great joy.

MGM

I was really impressed by the @ViparSpectra XS-1500 Pro. I don’t think 🤔 there’s a better light 💡 for the price. And Val’s a really cool rep. lol CL🍀
I agree, CL, and my professional marketing background tells me it's also the right light for the times. With legalization breaking out all over this nation of ours, I think there will be a lot more people growing only to supply themselves and gift for friends, and they can do that with the 2x2 and 2x4 footprints where that light really excels. We'd call that an emerging market, and I think it is a big one.

Perhaps if I can continue to turn in photos that excite people, and work on improving my grow journal I can get Val @ViparSpectra to sponsor one of my grows.

MGM

20231015_174625.jpg

Old School Purple Kush headed to the winter hash factory.

I submitted this for October but missed the deadline. Not sure if I'm allowed to resubmit it or not. Please remove if invalid.

20231015_174625.jpg

I submitted this for October but missed the deadline. Not sure if I'm allowed to resubmit it or not. Please remove if invalid.
Another beautiful entry this month. Nice work Gee but now with such great entries I think I’m gonna shy away from this one. lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

20231015_174625.jpg

Like seriously Gee. 😆

What’am’a gonna do??!

Well, apparently this is already a battle for second or third place, lol, that opening salvo is super strong. :rofl: I have no bud shot in that league so I gotta go a different route. I call this one “Live Logo.” It’s a young Double Grape Auto budlet.
It’s funny coz it’s true!

And great shot, Jon :)

20231015_174625.jpg

Omg!

Beautiful!

20231015_174625.jpg

This photo was not officially in last month's contest, so you can definitely submit it this month. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom