420 Magazine's Photo of the Month: November 2023

Dem cavalry feelzzzzzz 🐞🐞🐞

IMG_20231107_165358_resized_20231108_063934223.jpeg

Like err, serious @MicroGrowerMan

That shouldn’t be allowed. Dropping a picture that good in first up 🤣

What am I meant to do?! 😂

Outstanding picture mate!
Crazy good entries this month! Just follow my lead, hit your Airvape and try again next month...

:passitleft:

I agree, CL, and my professional marketing background tells me it's also the right light for the times. With legalization breaking out all over this nation of ours, I think there will be a lot more people growing only to supply themselves and gift for friends, and they can do that with the 2x2 and 2x4 footprints where that light really excels. We'd call that an emerging market, and I think it is a big one.

Perhaps if I can continue to turn in photos that excite people, and work on improving my grow journal I can get Val @ViparSpectra to sponsor one of my grows.

MGM
Good stuff @MicroGrowerMan! I also have a marketing background, and agree with you wholeheartedly. I would go as far as to expand their marketing a bit to focus on the flexibility of these lights. The small size makes them applicable for side lighting, augmental lighting, or whatever you want. Two are awesome in the 2x4 but would also crush a 3x3 and still have you over 30 watts/sq ft. I’ve used them for all these purposes since beginning to work with Val. She’s a peach. I don’t own a more flexible light.
:thumb:

Another beautiful entry this month. Nice work Gee but now with such great entries I think I’m gonna shy away from this one. lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
Yeah, I hear you @CaptainLucky - I’m feeling pretty silly about my tiny little bud shot about now…lmao!

Good stuff @MicroGrowerMan! I also have a marketing background, and agree with you wholeheartedly. I would go as far as to expand their marketing a bit to focus on the flexibility of these lights. The small size makes them applicable for side lighting, augmental lighting, or whatever you want. Two are awesome in the 2x4 but would also crush a 3x3 and still have you over 30 watts/sq ft. I’ve used them for all these purposes since beginning to work with Val. She’s a peach. I don’t own a more flexible light.
:thumb:
Good to know, thank you!

MGM

Well don't have a pretty plant or something to least make good effort at this but thai best I got in next two weeks.

This stankyberry thunder funk that was given to me from a smoker from another mother. Great guy. Good smoke too.

IMG_20231109_115056~2.jpg

Tough competition this month. So much beauty. This Red Russian XXL auto started life out under lights and when it became obvious that she was going to remain teensy I moved her outside. She is a pretty addition to the garden.

@Lady Cannafan I have a couple of the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO and they are great LED for their size. Here's some info.

• OPTICAL LENSES DESIGN DIMMABLE LED GROW LIGHT: VIPARSPECTRA 2023 new arrival XS1500 Pro grow light has optical lenses design that ensures more concentrated light and less light loss to achieve the most uniform PPFD for optimal photosynthesis and growth, ensuring plants absorb balanced PPFD in each corner, enhancing balanced growth for healthier growth and higher yields.
  • DIMMING DAISY CHAIN GROW LIGHTS: The dimming daisy chain feature allows you to connect up to 20pcs XS1500 Pro for unified dimming, especially beneficial for your commercial growing, horizontal and vertical farming, greenhouse planting and hydroponics, etc. The external dimmer give you the flexibility to manipulate light levels for perfect growth performance at all stages.
  • OPTIMIZED SPECTRUM & SUPERIOR HEAT DISSIPATION: Consists of 660nm red light, 3000K 5000K white light, and 730nm Infrared (IR) light, emits a wide waveband to provide plants in all stages from veg to flower with everything they need in the natural sunlight. Silent fan-less design. The large areas of solid aluminum heat-sinks is essential for heat dissipation while ensuring a long lifespan.
  • LOWER RUNNING COST GROW LIGHT FIXTURE: Consumes only 150W compared to traditional 250W HPS/MH! Perfect for 3x3 ft vegetative coverage and 2x2 ft flowering coverage. 2pcs XS1500 Pro fixtures are prefect for 4X2 ft grow tent. Remember to properly adjust the brightness accordingly to your plants desired level for optimal growth.
  • TRULY BEST BACK FOR THE BUCK: Plug and Play. No installation required. Product quality and friendly customer service are always our top priority. We offer truly US local warranty service and professional guidance to help you and your plants grow better. Please make sure you purchase authentic VIPARSPECTRA grow lights. If you have any questions, please contact us at any time.

Product information​

ColorSilvery
MaterialAluminum
Light Source TypeLED
Shade MaterialAluminum
Power SourceCorded Electric
BrandVIPARSPECTRA
Item Weight2.75 Kilograms
StyleModern
Voltage240 Volts (AC)
Maximum Compatible Light Source Wattage150 Watts
Bulb Featuresdimmable
Are Batteries IncludedNo
Product Dimensions14.2"L x 11.4"W x 3.1"H
Item Weight6.05 pounds
ManufacturerVIPARSPECTRA
ASINB0BNVFMJ5J
Country of OriginChina
Item model numberXS1500 PRO
Customer Reviews4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars 168 ratings
4.5 out of 5 stars
Best Sellers Rank#14,723 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
#173 in Plant Growing Lamps

Warranty & Support​

Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback​

Would you like to tell us about a lower price?

Hope this helps.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

@Lady Cannafan I have a couple of the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO and they are great LED for their size. Here's some info.

• OPTICAL LENSES DESIGN DIMMABLE LED GROW LIGHT: VIPARSPECTRA 2023 new arrival XS1500 Pro grow light has optical lenses design that ensures more concentrated light and less light loss to achieve the most uniform PPFD for optimal photosynthesis and growth, ensuring plants absorb balanced PPFD in each corner, enhancing balanced growth for healthier growth and higher yields.
  • DIMMING DAISY CHAIN GROW LIGHTS: The dimming daisy chain feature allows you to connect up to 20pcs XS1500 Pro for unified dimming, especially beneficial for your commercial growing, horizontal and vertical farming, greenhouse planting and hydroponics, etc. The external dimmer give you the flexibility to manipulate light levels for perfect growth performance at all stages.
  • OPTIMIZED SPECTRUM & SUPERIOR HEAT DISSIPATION: Consists of 660nm red light, 3000K 5000K white light, and 730nm Infrared (IR) light, emits a wide waveband to provide plants in all stages from veg to flower with everything they need in the natural sunlight. Silent fan-less design. The large areas of solid aluminum heat-sinks is essential for heat dissipation while ensuring a long lifespan.
  • LOWER RUNNING COST GROW LIGHT FIXTURE: Consumes only 150W compared to traditional 250W HPS/MH! Perfect for 3x3 ft vegetative coverage and 2x2 ft flowering coverage. 2pcs XS1500 Pro fixtures are prefect for 4X2 ft grow tent. Remember to properly adjust the brightness accordingly to your plants desired level for optimal growth.
  • TRULY BEST BACK FOR THE BUCK: Plug and Play. No installation required. Product quality and friendly customer service are always our top priority. We offer truly US local warranty service and professional guidance to help you and your plants grow better. Please make sure you purchase authentic VIPARSPECTRA grow lights. If you have any questions, please contact us at any time.

Product information​

ColorSilvery
MaterialAluminum
Light Source TypeLED
Shade MaterialAluminum
Power SourceCorded Electric
BrandVIPARSPECTRA
Item Weight2.75 Kilograms
StyleModern
Voltage240 Volts (AC)
Maximum Compatible Light Source Wattage150 Watts
Bulb Featuresdimmable
Are Batteries IncludedNo
Product Dimensions14.2"L x 11.4"W x 3.1"H
Item Weight6.05 pounds
ManufacturerVIPARSPECTRA
ASINB0BNVFMJ5J
Country of OriginChina
Item model numberXS1500 PRO
Customer Reviews4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars 168 ratings
4.5 out of 5 stars
Best Sellers Rank#14,723 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
#173 in Plant Growing Lamps

Warranty & Support​

Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback​

Would you like to tell us about a lower price?

Hope this helps.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Yep I agree and if you need a code for discount look me up

With legalization breaking out all over this nation of ours, I think there will be a lot more people growing only to supply themselves and gift for friends, and they can do that with the 2x2 and 2x4 footprints where that light really excels. We'd call that an emerging market, and I think it is a big one.
Maybe bigger than we realize.

I have heard that emerging market being called the new "hobbyist market" where newcomers are buying small tents with small lights that match and then growing for themselves, immediate family and a few friends. A local grow shop manager told me that it started during the pandemic when people were staying at home more and needed something to do. And, it has not stopped, just gotten bigger.

Those new hobby growers are still at it and turning over a harvest every 4 months or so but instead of buying a pallet of materials they are just picking up a bag of something to plant in and a bag of something to fertilize with. And there are enough of them to help replace the loss of large volume sales of the commercial growers that quit.

Other related emerging markets include the micro-greens and mushrooms.

Someone should set up a web forum for those guys.

Cheers @420 - yeah this is the premier forum for people just like us! Skip the dispensary if you have the time and inclination. I don’t think Rob is a grower, busy guy, but its a rewarding hobby fo sho.

But yeah I started just last year, post covid, but you look at the join dates of members there are plenty during the covid years. I was messing around killing chilli plants and dealing with unrelated court cases during covid. Wasn’t legal here. You can grow a kilo every 4-6 months out a 4x4 That’s more than I could get through in about 3 years. 2 kilos a year? I mean you get less time for robbing a bank than I would take to smoke it all!

Someone should set up a web forum for those guys.
I agree, micro-growers are a different breed than old-school, larger-scale growers. And I believe they want to be.
Cheers @420 - yeah this is the premier forum for people just like us! Skip the dispensary if you have the time and inclination. I don’t think Rob is a grower, busy guy, but its a rewarding hobby fo sho.
I would suggest that smaller-scale growers might consider growing, consuming and sharing their crops is something more than a hobby, but rather more of a lifestyle choice, like "foodies" who enjoy cooking and serving to friends and might say, "the cook's compliment is at the bottom of the pot," we might say, "the compliment is at the end of a fattie."

I would say that it is important to consider these grower/consumer/gifters have lives outside of cannabis in their work, families and other avocations.

But yeah I started just last year, post covid, but you look at the join dates of members there are plenty during the covid years. I was messing around killing chilli plants and dealing with unrelated court cases during covid. Wasn’t legal here. You can grow a kilo every 4-6 months out a 4x4 That’s more than I could get through in about 3 years. 2 kilos a year? I mean you get less time for robbing a bank than I would take to smoke it all!
One thing noted here is that gifting has had a tremendous impact on dispensary pricing while helping to drive the black market out. Ounces are going for $100 at dispensaries, and I've heard of specials as low as $30 and ounce -- that's what we were paying back in the 70s!

Of course most here would agree that the quality of the weed in terms of taste and high and lack of contamination is also a reason why home-grown canna-connoisseurs enjoy their craft.

MGM

Back
Top Bottom