420 Poor Man's Fridge Stealth Grow - First Grow Ever!

I think what I am trying to say is tfreezer is only 2 x 2 so for obviousereasons I cannot put a 5 gall bucket or container. I am sure I can engineer or rig somthing up but I am not sure how I woul actually pick the plant up and transfer it to the lower 2 1/2 or 5 gallon bucket/container in the lower fridge area which is 2w x 4h.. Sorry my keys some times sticks so when I am medicated and typing I dnt normally check for proper spelling lol..

Yep, this is a challenge, we need to break it down and have a close look at what we;ve got and are tryiing to achieve. Bro, your spelling is fine. There'se basically 3 options for getting your containers out of your box. I call a grow rig a box. They could come out the front, the top, or the bottom. So, unless we cut the exterior walls those are our options. A three gal bucket is 11" tall, a 5 approx. 15", a 3 in a 5 ( hydro ) is 17". This is what I would do and how I see your rig. It is looking pretty grim in terms of area size restrictions, that you're gonna be able to fit both a veg and flowering compartment in the same frig. I would take my zaza ( sawzall ), cut the bottom of the freezer out, Which now gives me the height I need to flower without running out of space, even with supercropping and lst, I just cut off 6 immature buds yesterday that were crampin my style, so my rig would stay in order due to space restraints, half ounce minimum......GONE! I would then find some of those cheap metal shelf standards, screw em to the inside of the sides of the frig, top to bottom. Now you have a system to manipulate light height, and container height. Get another old frig somewhere, and put it next to the one you have, do the same thing to it, and now you'll have a rig that will keep you in meds, one to bud,one to grow.. Pm me, I have plants right now, that are 15" tall, with well over an ounce on each one. LOL, I have got small plants with BIG buds, and with your limitations with space I have an idea that could get you closer to self sufficiency in the weed dept......peace bro.

Thanks dude for the knowledge. I tried to m you but I m 20 -ost under the pm limit.. Idont know if I can post my email on a thread so I will tae the safe route and not but ifyou can shoot mea pm with yours I can better communicat with you.. As far as your idea with the fridge I can see it being pretty simple to gut the fridge. As a matter of fact I was tinkiring with it and noticed that right between the freezer compartment al there is, is a piece of styrofoam. Wht Im thinkingis going ahead and gutting it and use it fr flowering. And as a old computer nerd I have plenty of cases to construct a stealth veg case of some sort. Ewwww 1/2 an ounce that would have made me cry lol. Trust me as long asI can get better access to the tools my buddy has (he runs a shop that makes fuel system to off shore oil rigs) the sky isthe limit as to how much enginuity I can put into it. Thing is I cant draw for shit and my best ideas come o me when I am medicated. And I will def not be using any saws while I am stoned lol.

Keep it real 420 :Namaste:

So here was the start of the fabrications being made for my grow space.
11870.jpg

Here is a pic of the freezer floor being sawed off.
21437.jpg

This is where I have a question.. Keeping in mind that I will be linning the walls with panda material, will the styrofoam have any impact on the plant or enviorment?
31286.jpg

Here are some extra's. The last one has a standard cpu tower so you guys can some what reference the size.
4950.jpg

5742.jpg

mcloadie I have been trying to get in touch with in ref to your pm butI am under the post limit to unlock PM's lol I feel like im playing a rpg in away here :)..

hey infamous your stealth grow looks awesome!!!! i might actually look into getting a old broken fridge to convert!! as for the styrofoam part i would try and get anything that is open to the inside out or covered. im not positive but im pretty sure the stuff they use in fridges will release a toxic vapor. this may be the case for older fridges but im not positive. smart thinking on using the CPU fans. when i move in a few months my new grow is going to be decked with CPU fans. its awesome that you can connect like 6-8 fans on one power source and they can be installed ANYWHERE.
well keep up the good work and ill be stopping often to check in!!!
:thumb::Namaste::peace:

I believe te only thinI had to be vry careful of was the freon in the tank.. Sorry I forgot to ad pics of thestuff I took out I guess that would be a good idea so evryone can see what I am talking about. But I will be researching styrofoam in the coming das tomake sure. I dubt unless it cought on fire that it would have any great effect. Atleast I am hopeing the gunga gods will be looking down on me lol.

Oo and as for ordering seeds. Herbies is the place to go. Great shipping a great seed selection. Since you want some powerful stuff the have a top 10 medical strains so give them a look over. I'm pretty sure there are more potent strains than white widow. Good Luck and keep it green!!!

Just a update.. Ithe next 24 to 48 hours I should be heading to the local nursery so I put together a wish list what would you guys throw in?
1. 400 watt HID set up with HPS buld to start
2. Small clip fans
3. high power low noise cpu fans (in put will be appreciated)
4. Notebook cooler
5. Nutes (need direct links if anyone wants to pm them to me I can not Pm back for a few more post)
6. seed ( have a test one from some high potency widow I bought a while back)
7. drip kit need one no wider then 2 ft
8. ph up/down
9. therm/humid meter
10.timer
11. power supply
12.10 sq feet of panda

yeah but that wont be until july, august other then that I should not have it go any higher then low 90's. There is also a gun safe mini dehumidifier im looking into and may be Ican get a small component that can be riged on at first then fabricated in.. But only time will tell I live near the Mexican border thats about as close to climate info I will give..

Just a update.. Ithe next 24 to 48 hours I should be heading to the local nursery so I put together a wish list what would you guys throw in?
1. 400 watt HID set up with HPS buld to start
2. Small clip fans
3. high power low noise cpu fans (in put will be appreciated)
4. Notebook cooler
5. Nutes (need direct links if anyone wants to pm them to me I can not Pm back for a few more post)
6. seed ( have a test one from some high potency widow I bought a while back)
7. drip kit need one no wider then 2 ft
8. ph up/down
9. therm/humid meter
10.timer
11. power supply
12.10 sq feet of panda

LOLOLOL, I didn't read this before I talked at you....VERY GOOD!

Decide how you're gonna grow, I know you said drip, if you're going to use soil and organic and water it with a drip, your list is good. Don't worry about Ph up and down yet, chances are you wont need it if you go with soil. You'll need to cool that light in that small space, but a 6" inline fan will do it, a light hood that has 6" vents is in order. One fan blowing out of box at the top, and a vent at the bottom for your intake will be sufficient for ventilation. You'll place your clip fans where you need em for circulation. Visualise your space rockin away with 24-30" plants growin in it! I can see it in my minds eye, it will work. If you wanted to cut a little more cost, the white inside of that box is a good reflective surface, eliminating the need for the reflective lining, savin you some bending, and a coupla bcks that you can put into lights and fans ect. Your exhaust could be fitted with a filter if smell ever became an issue now or wherever you set this up at.

QUIK UPDATE AND RESPONSE...:thumb:
Decide how you're gonna grow, I know you said drip, if you're going to use soil and organic and water it with a drip, your list is good. Don't worry about Ph up and down yet, chances are you wont need it if you go with soil. You'll need to cool that light in that small space, but a 6" inline fan will do it, a light hood that has 6" vents is in order. One fan blowing out of box at the top, and a vent at the bottom for your intake will be sufficient for ventilation. You'll place your clip fans where you need em for circulation. Visualise your space rockin away with 24-30" plants growin in it! I can see it in my minds eye, it will work. If you wanted to cut a little more cost, the white inside of that box is a good reflective surface, eliminating the need for the reflective lining, savin you some bending, and a coupla bcks that you can put into lights and fans ect. Your exhaust could be fitted with a filter if smell ever became an issue now or wherever you set this up at.

Yeah I know its just hard for me to choose. I hear that drip systems would be a quiker and yieldier (lol is that even a word) way then ferts and nutes. And that kinda fits my requirments. But since this is my first grow I kinda leaning toward ferts and nutes so if a problem does rise up I can have time to post and get quik responses (lol I know I really am a impatient person). So far I have bought the dgital hmidity ad tem gauge (which I found on clearence at Acedemy for $10) andthe timers.

Loving it!!! The idea is Genius!!! Im following this one buddy!!! I have to see the end results!!! LOVE IT!!!... Also, I'll be posting my "1st Month Old From Germ" Pics in my journal Sunday!!!! Be sure to stop through and view!!! Till later, :Namaste: :ganjamon:

QUIK UPDATE AND RESPONSE...:thumb:

Yeah I know its just hard for me to choose. I hear that drip systems would be a quiker and yieldier (lol is that even a word) way then ferts and nutes. And that kinda fits my requirments. But since this is my first grow I kinda leaning toward ferts and nutes so if a problem does rise up I can have time to post and get quik responses (lol I know I really am a impatient person). So far I have bought the dgital hmidity ad tem gauge (which I found on clearence at Acedemy for $10) andthe timers.

Get the best soil you can afford, use organic nutes that compliment the soil, provide the best lighting, ventilation, circulation and quality water that you can attain. These factors combined with proven genetics and sound fundamental concepts and methods is a sure home run for medical grade cannabis production.

update photo of items i have got.

Excellent choice of nutes to go with!! You will get some great results with them. I do want you to know that only the big blossom is actually organic. The others have EDTA making them harmful to organic systems. No need to worry though if you just want some good nutes to make your baby's grow awesome. Keep up the good work and I'm in for the long haul on this one!! Keep it green!!!

Back
Top Bottom