420's Indoor Tent, TeddyTough, Grow Journal, 2018

I dont think this has been asked, Do you have a ph meter and what is the ph of your water in?

I ordered one today. I realise now how important it is to measure it. I need bigger drain holes on my pots. So when I do water and feed I have more run off. It's not doing that very well at the moment. So an answer to your question, no i dont but i will soon. I believe 0.4 is a good level!?

Well in simplest terms, if your ph is outside the range it needs to be, it would explain the deficiency's. You could very well have the iron and cal/mag in the soil but your tap water's pH is outside the range for your plants to 'eat' it.

I'm not sure if organic soil needs a different pH, but generally most soil's you run a 6.0 to 7.0 acceptable range. 6.5 gets in the range to eat everything. I like to alternate waterings from 6.0 one water or feed, then 6.5 the next, have seen good results.

I'm not sure if organic soil needs a different pH, but generally most soil's you run a 6.0 to 7.0 acceptable range. 6.5 gets in the range to eat everything. I like to alternate waterings from 6.0 one water or feed, then 6.5 the next, have seen good results.

Yes I figured that. I have ordered Canna Bio Veg
Canna Bio Flores
Canna Bio Cal Mag ( to help with PH )
Canna Bio Boost

I guess I was wrong about PH levels. 6.0 sounds better.

I will try alternating like that. When I get my PH pen and feeds.

So you basically have the same line nutes of an equivalent Micro/Grow/Bloom + Calimagic (thats the line i run). I use General Hydroponics Ph Up and Ph Down to adjust whichever way needed. I just added some into my gallon jug after i've added nutes, sake it, measure it, repeat if ph is still higher than i want.

Try not to add both ph up and down into the same gallon of water, i dont know exactly why but i know it can cause something, probably ph fluctuations.

thats what i use. Have not as of yet used the H202 or the Z7

Wow, cheers for that. I now know I'm heading the right way. When I start feeding I imagine to start with smaller amounts than directed!? I say this because I have never fed them and I don't want to poison them.

Most strains are very resilient, set a schedule for feeding and watering and they will grow like weeds, my only fear is mold, I lost 3 mature plants to mold when I attempted an outdoor grow.

For my line, i googled "General Hydroponics Trio feeding schedule" and was able to find a chart i follow.

I see Cannabio has THIS
Most strains are very resilient, set a schedule for feeding and watering and they will grow like weeds, my only fear is mold, I lost 3 mature plants to mold when I attempted an outdoor grow.

Great thanks for that info I'm going to read it now.
What Caused Mold? Is it Humidity?

Yes, Humidity, Late summer and early fall, the humidity in New England is very high, with little wind, I lost my plants almost overnight to mold, In a tent you can control your environment better.
Luckily for me it's dry in there :) yes I have started the tricks of lighting and heat and humidity control :) Thanks to you Guys :)

Staying below 65% RH and a fan blowing and you're safe, as long as you defoliate when you see leaf's packed in on each other but that's not likely to be a problem with untopped plants. The mold is higher risk at 70% +

Grower
TeddyTough (Newbie)
Where
Indoors / 120 x 120 x 200 Tent
Strains
Girl Scout Cookies / Amazing Haze (Autos)
Medium
Soil / Compost, Organic / no feeds / water only
lighting
CFL

Hi Guys. This is my first time growing and my first Journal. Follow me and my Journey in Growing some (hopefully) amazing bud. Feel free to comment and offer advise. Although please remember I'm on a tight budget so spending loads isn't an option.

I started this Journal a little late so here's a quick update. The plants were started mid summer (Europe) and started as outdoor plants. The Cookies are about 7 weeks old and the Haze about 4. Due to issues in weather I have decided to move indoors.

The plants have been in the tent for a week with minimal lighting due to budget, but upgrading as I go along.

Here are the first pics ever taken of them. Enjoy, hopefully you will find this Journal entertaining as well as enlightening. Thumbs up to all my green fingered growers

Thanks to @Pennywise for your help and making one feel welcome.​
Soil Update

Why because i now know its important. I did not tell you guys what soil i was using and this is the update. As a Newbie i am sure you will understand the poor choice.

Doff - Multi Purpose ( Supermarket )

Lightweight Multi-Purpose Compost
Coco Coir Multi-Purpose Compost
100% free from green waste
Expands to make up to 15 liters of premium grow media
Equivalent to 2 bags of regular compost
Enriched with the necessary nutrients to help your plants flourish
Re-usable, clean and ideal for indoor or outdoor use
Eco-friendly and 100% Peat Free

Journal Day 7 Update

Observations

1. GSC - 10 Weeks ( Flowering )
  2. AH - 7 Weeks ( Start of Flowering )
  3. Lighting - 2x 150 CFL / 1x 125 CFL (Slow Growth, late blooming / Lighting Update in Journal Below )
  4. Medium - Soil ( General Supermarket Easy Compost )
  5. Temp - 29 Deg Celsius
  6. Watered - Yes / Water PH - 6.37 / Water Temp - Unknown
  7. Nutes - No ( delivery due and update in Journal below )

After discussions with Pro Members i came to the conclusion my plants were water logged and that i really had no idea what i was doing :rolleyes: So i took a deep breath and started educating myself. Since Update 5 I had not watered my plants making sure they were super dry. When i checked them this morning they were Thirsty :drool:so thirsty in fact their heads were hanging towards the ground from lack of energy. I panicked a little and thought i had killed them, but calmly watered them whispering sweet things in their nodes :circle-of-love: On returning an hour later they looked good.

Well i highlighted a couple updates above so lets jump into it.

Lighting Update

Well Guys after loads of discussions and pricing ( on my side ) i was looking at buying the Mars 2 Pro 1600 to be the Sun to my Forest. After looking at finances and what i could afford i have bought the ViparSpectra 900 Full Spectrum Stats Below​

I am Expecting Delivery of it next week. So i am pretty excited sorry to those hoping i purchased a Mars, Budget and funding was the reason. Ok so update #1 out of the way time for the second.

Nutes Update

Once again due to budget i have made some changes. I have decided to go with the BioBizz Range. I wont post any details as i am sure most of you know the product. The reason was pricing and availability. I even splashed out and Bought the BioBizz All Mix Soil for the next journal.

Conclusion of Update # 7

After Educating myself and asking questions ( Thanks Guys ;) ) I believe i am on the right path to success. I know now what i should of really looked up before i started, but getting to meet you guys and speak about my Journal has been the biggest help and motivation out there. From next week, i think this Journal is going to get interesting. I am excited to see how the new knowledge has paid off.

Happy Growing Guys, Until the next Update God Bless.

Back
Top Bottom