420's Wonder's Grow Journal - 2016

wondersgrow

So this is my first attempt at posting anything in this freshly-started grow journal. Forgive me if this results in complete or even partial failure. The photo is of my very primitive indoor grow area, which is inside a house that is only 900 square feet. As you can see, I'm growing other types of plants from seeds and bulb, too. As the weeks progresses, I will try to build up this journal with specifications.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

Hi. Thank you for your stewardship. I just checked in today after recovering from an injury and some surgery. The Black Indica germinated in early January is alive and well. I started with twelve but lost five plants overnight to a rogue domestic cat named Squirrely. Me culpa. I forgot to close the door where my grow area is. I cloned the three hardiest plants during vegetative cycle, and placed the remaining ones outside on my deck. If you look at the grow bags in this picture you will see how I keep my cats out with wadded-up deer netting.
IMG_4724_3_.jpg

Glad to see you back Wondersgrow:ciao: hope you are better from the surgery and recovery. Take your time and ease back into the growing adventure.

The girls look great despite the cat attacks. Are they budding yet, I can't tell. Thanks for the update :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hi, thanks for the good wishes. It is nice to be somewhat ambulatory again. This injury really interfered with my overall spring and summer fruit and vegetable gardening plans. To answer your question about the Black Indica flowering yet, yes, all the of the plants are flowering. Pictures to follow...

Hi, thanks for the good wishes. It is nice to be somewhat ambulatory again. This injury really interfered with my overall spring and summer fruit and vegetable gardening plans. To answer your question about the Black Indica flowering yet, yes, all the of the plants are flowering. Pictures to follow...

IMG_4754_1_.jpg
IMG_4740_1_.jpg
IMG_4754_1_.jpg
IMG_4740_1_.jpg
IMG_4742_1_1.jpg

Looks like you've got a good indoor gardening background to rely on. The new additions will now be the center of attention. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks. This is a close-up of one of the girls. The trichromes have started spreading out across the leaves, and the flower buds themselves keep increasing in size. Very tight internodal space and what looks like fairly dense bud development. I spot a few amber pistils here and there, but nothing major yet. I'm really looking forward to the end of the month.

IMG_482213.jpg

Thanks. This is a close-up of one of the girls. The trichromes have started spreading out across the leaves, and the flower buds themselves keep increasing in size. Very tight internodal space and what looks like fairly dense bud development. I spot a few amber pistils here and there, but nothing major yet. I'm really looking forward to the end of the month.

IMG_482213.jpg

Thanks. Are you growing anything for this season's harvest?

Outdoors... No. I'm to pussy. I'll wait till next year cuz solar powered plants get damn huge! For now it's a perpetual indoor op for me. I'm helping my buddy though he's got a dozen blooming beauties outside.

I understand your reluctance completely. It's nice of you to help your friend. I now live in a state where I may legally grow up to six plants per person per household. I germinated twelve seeds the first couple of weeks in January, but lost a few vegetating plants in the fruit and vegetable garden outside after I blew out my hip. They were in a section of the garden where they received too much water from the irrigation system. We then moved the remaining seven onto the deck where I could keep a closer eye on them.

I cloned three of the vegetating plants in mid-April. They are now under 24/7 lights inside and are about two-feet high. I also took two more clones from two of them several weeks ago. After I harvest the Seven Sisters in a few more weeks, I will take more clones and bring my indoor vegetating collection back up to the maximum number of 12 allowable. When the first three clones are ready, I'll force them onto an indoor 12/12 cycle and take my first crack at flowering some indoors sometime next winter or early spring. I'll have to buy more grow lights to add to my primitive set-up here in the office, however. It's a labor of love.

I understand your reluctance completely. It's nice of you to help your friend. I now live in a state where I may legally grow up to six plants per person per household. I germinated twelve seeds the first couple of weeks in January, but lost a few vegetating plants in the fruit and vegetable garden outside after I blew out my hip. They were in a section of the garden where they received too much water from the irrigation system. We then moved the remaining seven onto the deck where I could keep a closer eye on them.

I cloned three of the vegetating plants in mid-April. They are now under 24/7 lights inside and are about two-feet high. I also took two more clones from two of them several weeks ago. After I harvest the Seven Sisters in a few more weeks, I will take more clones and bring my indoor vegetating collection back up to the maximum number of 12 allowable. When the first three clones are ready, I'll force them onto an indoor 12/12 cycle and take my first crack at flowering some indoors sometime next winter or early spring. I'll have to buy more grow lights to add to my primitive set-up here in the office, however. It's a labor of love.

The Seven Sisters are becoming milkier and their pistils are starting to turn brown. I clipped some of the lower, less productive nodes off of them yesterday for an early sample. More later...

IMG_48676.jpg

Hi, again. The Seven Sisters are very close to harvest. I plan on writing that review you suggested sometime afterward.

Hi, again. The Seven Sisters are very close to harvest. I plan on writing that review you suggested sometime afterward.

I'm thinking of waiting another week past the flowering time that the grower had specified. What do you think? They were sold as Black Indica but act more like everything I have read about White Widow, from which Black Indica comes. The flowers have not gotten any larger than this in the past five days, but I wonder if they might produce more resin and brown up a little more.

IMG_49207.jpg

I'd say she's just about ready to be pre harvest flushed. One week more should be perfect, buds will harden up some, trichome and resin will increase. Are you going to give them a day or two of perpetual darkness before chopping? Looking great over there Wondersgrow. Almost done.

I'd say she's just about ready to be pre harvest flushed. One week more should be perfect, buds will harden up some, trichome and resin will increase. Are you going to give them a day or two of perpetual darkness before chopping? Looking great over there Wondersgrow. Almost done.

Cheers and thanks for your advice. I harvested the girls two days ago, which was about a week after I posted the picture you see there. I did not put the girls in total darkness beforehand. Never heard of that before. However, I had been flushing with unsulphured molasses. The buds have a very pleasant sweet piney woody aroma. I often wonder if there is any science about outdoor vegetation and pollen as having an effect on terpene content. The girls spent the summer outdoors with pines and oaks.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Back
Top Bottom