5 Unknown Strains - 2012 Grow

Great answered :thanks: u sure they reusable? still 28L/20$ it's dubble of what i pay for pellets.. do they allow to dry.. i'm thinking of wet root rot vs root rod of this crush you mentioning

In stores it was $20, I seen it online for $13 for the same size bag. Yes there reusable. And if its not reusable I would only figure because of calcium build up. Since that is found more around the roots then any where else. So it 50/50 if you may want to reuse it or not. They stay moist. Its like a towel, even though it gets wet its still able to dry. I run my hydro every 2 hours for 10 minutes. I used to run it every 12hrs for an 1hour. Root rot, I cant see it happening using croutons because its so airy in between each piece that is in your netpots. It allows air to reach the roots. And with out crushing anything its so light and easier on the plant its self.

I just got a 12 bulb HOT5 on ebay so they are out there just to let u know nice grow

Looking good Wiz

Thanks, right now im having a phosphorus problem with the ones in hydro. Plants #2, 3. Mainly #3. Heres the link to that FAQ if you have any help or info to offer. I noticed it 3 days ago (Flushing In Hydro to fix a Phosphorus deficiency? Help! ). Plant #4 is doing amazing. The growth rate on that is explainable. When its time for an update this week there will defiantly be a huge difference.

I just got a 12 bulb HOT5 on ebay so they are out there just to let u know nice grow

Sounds like the "BAD BOY" lights. There great lights. T5 HO lights in general are great. Best way to keep your plants short and bushy with out burning your plants because you can lower the lights very close to the canopy. Im getting great results using them. Honestly im seeing better reults with the T5 than CFL. But that could be due to this phosphorus def problem plants #2,3 are having. They slowed down in growth. Youll love the lights though, so will your plants

After reading one of BS co2 links I decided to add Carbonated water to the mix of Plant #5 so update on that will also come this week
IMG_0082_1_.JPG

Which is better for the top? Cfl's or the t5

Ive seen a better response from the plants using T5s. Unless you have a great CFL, I would only use CFL on side branching. Thats my opinion. You honestly need more CFL's over top vs just using a T5 HO. T5s are 6500k on the kelvin scale to where as your basic CFL's are 5500k and lumens are only 1600-2100.

Heres a CFL DIY light im working on
IMG_0136_1_2.JPG

DAY 16 - New updates on the girls. Still dealing with this nitrogen over load and calcium, magnesium def. I flushed twice since last week. Plant still growing healthy though. I just dont want it to lead over into flower.
IMG_0135_1_1.JPG

Performing LST on this beauty and the beast. Shes responding well. Also new growth coming back since I topped her, and also topped her sides today. :thumb:
IMG_0137_1_1.JPG

IMG_0134_1_.JPG
IMG_0132_1_.JPG

Man I loves Me a SCROG:)

This my first time using scrog. I hope it turns out nice. I put my grow room on hold until I pay all my bills and then Ill start getting all the good stuff. I just added a DIY 5gallon bucket co2 to the act. I hope it dont explode over night lol.

DIY CO2 5 GALLON. I shoulda added another bucket so it wont smell like yeast. Ill do that next time. Hope it last long
IMG_0155_1_.JPG

run your tube from the bucket into a 2liter bottle of water and let the co2 bubble out of that. that should cut down on the smell abit

Wiz, quick questions for you on the co2. How did you set it up? Have you seen a noticeable difference with it? How long does a 5 gallon bucket last?

Well I just started using the 5 gallon idea yesterday. But previous before I was using 2 3L bottles and that lasted me 3 1/2 weeks. It may have lasted longer but I wanted to bump it up to my 5 gallon. Now the 5 gallon im guessing that would last me for 2 months, maybe more. And of course this will depend on how much your letting out (bubbles per secound). I kept it at 3 bubbles per second. I used 5 pounds of sugar and 4 gallons of water, 12x 3packets of yeast. I raise the temp to 100- 45c so that the co2 can be more effective. Every other hour of the day ive seen good growth. I really havent been measuring. But you really can tell the difference. It speeds up the growing about 40%. I just connected the tube to the fan and let it blow over my plants

Back
Top Bottom