5 Unknown Strains - 2012 Grow

Re did them and added a T8 over top.

IMG_0168_1_1.JPG
IMG_0169_1_.JPG

I was going to wait until the end of the 4th week of veg to update but hey got bored lol. Here are the beautiful ladies. Im letting the one upfront grow normal, NO topping, NO LST. Ill be adding Grandmas Molasses to the schedule now instead of Botanical Sweet Raw. Even though I still might use it. Plan to fatten these babies up for the second month:morenutes:

IMG_0182_1_1.JPG

Shes working with 3 tops and im about to turn those in to 12, theres 2 nodes each. Along with topping the other grow sites. :thumb:
IMG_0185_1_1.JPG

This one will be getting topped again also making it 8. Theres 2 nods.
IMG_0186_1_1.JPG

I just came over and read the whole journal! Nice set up. Im late but subbed

Thanks, appreciate it. Mine isnt as exciting as yours yet but Ill get there soon. I wont be putting them into flower until I get my grow room straight and my MH/HPS lights in there. So im going to veg for another month and try to get some tight nodes in there with 35 grow sites + side branches from other side branching.I think I may have let them stretch more then my liking so I just lowered the lights today. So im going to max it out with nutes during veg so that it will be really rumped up by time I put them into flower. My next grow will be better :thumb:

Thanks, appreciate it. Mine isnt as exciting as yours yet but Ill get there soon. I wont be putting them into flower until I get my grow room straight and my MH/HPS lights in there. So im going to veg for another month and try to get some tight nodes in there with 35 grow sites + side branches from other side branching.I think I may have let them stretch more then my liking so I just lowered the lights today. So im going to max it out with nutes during veg so that it will be really rumped up by time I put them into flower. My next grow will be better :thumb:

Seems like a good plan! I tried my best to keep em close and tight. Sure makes a difference during flower!

Im really stuffing these plants all together, I think I need to take the lamp back and get a bigger wing reflector. I dont see the big hype about MH/HPS yet. But Im 1 for 1 on my cloning, I have 2 more to check by monday or middle of next week. :thumb:

My little one has lift off. Baby roots. Shes teething lol
IMG_0196_1_.JPG

I'm pretty sure thats stem rot caused by over watering !

Ya need to keep em moist & not saturated :peace:

The dark stuff on the stem is kelp. I let them soak in it for a hour before I put them in the rapid rooters. If you look further up the stem you can see it soaked up to the branches.

My mistake & i hope i did not create any undue concern.

The pic appears some what misleading & thanks for enlighting the situation.

Not seen kelp used in this way before ?

Was it a liquid extract or home made brew ?

My mistake & i hope i did not create any undue concern.

The pic appears some what misleading & thanks for enlighting the situation.

Not seen kelp used in this way before ?

Was it a liquid extract or home made brew ?

Im not going to lie, you had me worried and I went to go double check just to make sure lol. Its a very horrible pic, I tryd to use my magnifying glass to take the picture. lol.

Yea its liquid kelp. Its store bought "Old Age Kelp" all organic. It states on the back of the bottle, for root soaking let sit in kelp for 24hrs. So I figure I want roots to grow so I let them sit in the kelp for a couple hrs. And in 5 days I seen the little roots. But there not hanging from the stem. They look like little nubs and maybe thats how they start before coming off of the stem? Do you know? I put twisty ties around the root plugs so that it would hold tight around the stem so they can for sure take root and root out.

Looks nice but I am a novice with clones.

Im a noobie at cloning also. Im just trying them out so on my next grow I will know exactly what to expect when cloning and how young i can take them. I'd rather a slower yellowing process though. Hopefully they come out the way there suppose to in the next week. Just waiting like a kid for the ice cream man to show up :cheesygrinsmiley:

Foliar feeding whilst clone is rooting can be quite effective in keeping up plant health, you only need a mild solution :thumb:

Roots normally appear around the node area of the cutting & early formation may appear knobble club like... its about the best i can describe it.

I think i got a pic some where... not the best of pic's i'm afriad.

0021002.JPG

High humidity & heated propergators are pretty damn good for increased success in clones rooting along with a folair feed.

The yellowing is not really a good sign but clones may pull through with the addittion of age old kelp.

I done a quick google search for the kelp stuff & is suitable for folair spraying, just need a squirty bottle set to a fine mist & foliar feed when lights come on, this may improve condition of clones but prefer foliar feeding from day one of cutting.

About: Age Old Liquid Kelp is the original soil and plant stimulant. As a soil drench it helps build tilth and restore biological life to damaged soils. With its low NPK it can be foliar sprayed to improve nutrient uptake and reduce environmental stess without promoting additional vigor and growth. Foliar spray during major weather changes increases strength and stability for plants. Hot to cold, dry air to humid air. Excessive water, fertilizer or chemical applications will help get plant back in balance.

Uses: General application rate Indoor plants: 1-2 tsp. per gallon of water. Drench soil and/or as a foliar spray. Outdoor plants: 1 to 2 Tbsp. per gallon of water. Drench soil and/or as a foliar spray. Transplanting & Seed Starting : 1 tsp. per gallon of water and soak overnight.

Contents: 100 % Northern Sea Kelp

Ive been using it in that type of manner also this whole time. I think I should up the misting. I mist only once every other day when I check them.

Im having this zinc problem right now. Its a for sure zinc overload in 2 of my plants. I made a forum on it. Can take a look at it for me and give me input on what to do next? I appreciate it if you make it over there heres the link ZINC Deficiency Is taken Over My Plants. In Need Of Help! your input is respected by 420 :thumb:

WEEK 5 - 2ND MONTH OF VEG.
I can tell that the Rhino Skin Is really working:morenutes:

IMG_0223_1_.JPG

I topped every grow site, some for the first time and others its the 2nd time topping.
IMG_0225_1_1.JPG

She has 3 main colas in the back. :)
IMG_0224_1_.JPG

She has 17 branches and more branching starting to grow from the first branches. Shes doing great. Ill be pulling her branches down some more later on this week :thumb:
IMG_0226_1_.JPG

Has any one ever had any salt build up from using Grandma's Molasses???? Its only 1% sodium but using it every feed will that create a problem down the line???

Back
Top Bottom