5 x 600W LED DWC Hydroponics Cheese

mostwonted

Dear Friends

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to check out my journal

This is our second attempt as we completely messed up the first one with nute burning all the plants :(

Let me tell that it was overwhelming starting over and watching my ladies suffer like that, in short i messed up.

I have been growing in soil successfully, but after being convinced my a friend that DWC is the way forward i kind of jumped head first if you know what i mean...

So here i am back on track! With my second attempt.

I thought i will journal this one and hopefully get some constrictive criticisms/ advice or just a popping in to say hi :) :high-five:

I have been fortunate enough to have my brothers on board they love there bud, but have no clue how to grow it nor are they interested in the process unlike me, all of them having good jobs i was lucky enough to manage getting the LED lights as they where the most expensive part.
So the setup is

2.4x2.4.2.0 grow tent

RVK 150 420cfm exhaust fan with matching Rhino filter

Monroose Intake 5" fan

5X Advanced Led grow lights 600w each

DWC Buckets

Quiet hi blow airpump

Fan 12" to surculate the Air

Thermostatically controlled heater

Humidity and temp display
Bluelabs EC
Milwaukee PH pen

My grom room temp is constantly 24c

2014-01-24_0035_001.png
2014-01-24_0033.png
2014-01-24_0036_001.png
2014-01-24_0036.png
2014-01-24_0034_001.png
2014-01-24_0034.png

As mentioned i decided to completely start all over again as the seedlings where looking pretty much dead.:(

Today i had a delivery of my Cheese seeds

I decided to propagate them slightly differently this time

Instead of using rockwool i am planning to use my 20 x-stream propagator cloner to get the seedlings to decent size and then transfer them in to DWC buckets with Net pots full of pebbles?

What do you think to this ?

I disinfected my container and placed the seeds on to cotton wool, Spayed the cotton with PHed 5.8 water and placed them on to heated blanket in to a dark place. Current temp 24c

2014-01-24_15_16_17.jpg
2014-01-24_15_23_24.jpg
2014-01-24_15_23_38.jpg

I just wanted to share few pictures of my Xtream propagator and get some advice from members if they think my method is any good?
I found that rock wool is great, but hold a lot a water in , after doing some experimentation with some regular seeds that a received i found that roots stop tere growth the moment rockwool is saturated with water.
The way i thinks is this, since i will be growing in DWC why not try eliminate rockwool altogether?

The seedlings in the propagator are regular non feminized seeds, although it would interesting of doing it the old way i simply don't want to take any risk with grow so will stick with my feminized cheese. I have not much plans for this young once in the xstream propogator, as they just regular kerala seeds but thinking along the lines of keep them somewhere else and let them do there job away from main grow room

As it stands the water in the Xstream-20 is EC 0.5 and PH 5.8 i have a little heater in there to keep the temp up and the heater is set to 25c

From what i understand is 25c causes root rot, but non of the roots are touching the water solution yet?

When the lights turn on i can keep the temps to 24c, but at night the temp drop, hence i just have a reservoir heater?

I use no heater in any of my water experiments
dwc/cloners ,I try and keep everything under 70,my water drops below 60 at night

roots dont mind a little cool water, but they hate water bottle full of ice

I use no heater in any of my water experiments
dwc/cloners ,I try and keep everything under 70,my water drops below 60 at night

roots dont mind a little cool water, but they hate water bottle full of ice

You mean the water temp under 70F or ambient temp i.e grow room temp?

Back
Top Bottom