6x2 with 100w from the wall LED Cheese Auto - Dos and don'ts?

Mbunaaddict

6x2 with 100w LED Cheese Auto. Dos and donts? Whos got the journal and experience? Will LST, supercrop and scrog 4 plants.

20220703_145650.jpg

20220703_145631.jpg

For autoflower use, your LED will be adequate for somewhere between three and four square feet. The space you are trying to illuminate with it, however, is twelve square feet :( . I would recommend a minimum of 300 watts of decent LED in a space of that size, preferably in two separate products, due to the extreme width to length (or vice versa) ratio; you won't be able to evenly illuminate that space with one light.

If that was my closet... I would remove the Reflectix - the "reflect" in the name is in regards to radiant heat, not visible light (which it is not great at reflecting). Next, I would vacuum the carpet, wash everything down with anti-microbial Dawn and hot water or some kind of mild soap and dilute bleach water (to kill germs, mold spores, and - of course - remove dirt). I see that you've got paneling in there. Thump it at various spots to determine whether it is still tight against the wall studs everywhere. If not, tend to that and feel free to use more paneling nails than one normally would. For best results, get some drywall mud and fill in the vertical grooves (and nail head depressions), then sand everything smooth. Apply a decent primer. Caulk where needed (e.g., where walls meet ceiling) with a paintable (IOW, non-silicone) caulk. Then paint the walls with the brightest white Behr ultra you can get in a flat or eggshell finish; the latter can be cleaned. Vacuum and shampoo the carpet; closet carpet is an afterthought and rarely gets deep-cleaned, and (again) your goal is to kill spores/germs and remove dirt.

The above will ensure a significantly higher light reflectivity in your closet. Which is to say that more of the light - that you'll be paying the electricity bill for each month - will ultimately reach your plants. As investments go, lol, that one will quickly pay for itself, then continue to provide dividends. But I would also expect it to help (at least a little bit) with noise attenuation. It will also help you prevent the many and varied odors of a cannabis garden from permeating your home.

If you could get three decent quality 150-watt "white" LED products in that space (and prep the walls properly), you would potentially be able to fill the space with buds from autoflowering plants grown/flowered at 18 to 20 hours per 24 of light.

For autoflower use, your LED will be adequate for somewhere between three and four square feet. The space you are trying to illuminate with it, however, is twelve square feet :( . I would recommend a minimum of 300 watts of decent LED in a space of that size, preferably in two separate products, due to the extreme width to length (or vice versa) ratio; you won't be able to evenly illuminate that space with one light.

If that was my closet... I would remove the Reflectix - the "reflect" in the name is in regards to radiant heat, not visible light (which it is not great at reflecting). Next, I would vacuum the carpet, wash everything down with anti-microbial Dawn and hot water or some kind of mild soap and dilute bleach water (to kill germs, mold spores, and - of course - remove dirt). I see that you've got paneling in there. Thump it at various spots to determine whether it is still tight against the wall studs everywhere. If not, tend to that and feel free to use more paneling nails than one normally would. For best results, get some drywall mud and fill in the vertical grooves (and nail head depressions), then sand everything smooth. Apply a decent primer. Caulk where needed (e.g., where walls meet ceiling) with a paintable (IOW, non-silicone) caulk. Then paint the walls with the brightest white Behr ultra you can get in a flat or eggshell finish; the latter can be cleaned. Vacuum and shampoo the carpet; closet carpet is an afterthought and rarely gets deep-cleaned, and (again) your goal is to kill spores/germs and remove dirt.

The above will ensure a significantly higher light reflectivity in your closet. Which is to say that more of the light - that you'll be paying the electricity bill for each month - will ultimately reach your plants. As investments go, lol, that one will quickly pay for itself, then continue to provide dividends. But I would also expect it to help (at least a little bit) with noise attenuation. It will also help you prevent the many and varied odors of a cannabis garden from permeating your home.

If you could get three decent quality 150-watt "white" LED products in that space (and prep the walls properly), you would potentially be able to fill the space with buds from autoflowering plants grown/flowered at 18 to 20 hours per 24 of light.
Exactly whatI was hoping to hear. The carpet can be mixed, ive plastic to put down, will place yellow sticky things, too.
Im doing a diy carbon filter, any suggestions on substrate?!

Close as I could get on specs....

Screenshot_20220704-102908_Chrome.jpg
Sorry, my brain went dead, please see my edits:

Couple problems, those only draw 48W ea. (so they're not 100W), and they are heavily weighted to the RED spectrum (6400K), which is fine for flowering, but not as good for vegging. So your gonna need at least 6 of them (9 would be better), and then you may want to supplement with some BLUE light (get 3 in 48" size if possible). They are decent lights, but just not made for vegging.

Couple problems, those only draw 48W ea. (so they're not 100W), and they are heavily weighted to the blue spectrum (6400K), which is fine for vegging, but not so good for flowering. So your gonna need at least 6 of them, and then you'll have to supplement with some red light in flower (get 3 in 48" size). They are decent lights, but just not made for flowering.
The 100w came from using 2 of them. I have 4 or 5 shop lights with full spectrum bulbs leftover from my aquarium hobby.
These are FREE lights, and no extra $$$ for others.
Might have lower K bulbs at work, could barter for a few of those.
Thanks for all the pertinent info, I'm an outdoors guy, and the window has closed for me here.
Cant wait till next year to come OUT of the closet properly, lol

What lumens/sq ft am I shooting for? As I said, I'm a sunshine guy. This ia a bit new to me

Sorry please see my edits, my brain was thinking backwards!

You'll want about 25W (min) and much better at 40 W/sq ft (for 12 sq. ft, between 300-500W total). Lumens about 3000-4000 per sq ft, but lumens is not the best measurement, PPDF is better (PPDF- (Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density). If you could get three more blue light and three of what you have, that would work, put em side by side. If that's not possible the Red you have will work (at least 6, possibly 9 total, if you can get them free)! Are the shop lights LED? I have used T-5 HO lights (6x54w) from my old reef tank days, they will work, but they have to be pretty close to the plants.

I grew outdoors for a long time (and still do) I enjoy outdoors better, because I'm kinda a set it and forget type, but finally broke down and went indoors too about 7 years ago. This year I have no outdoor grow because I've got a contractor doing a lot of house repairs (new siding, insulation, rewiring, etc.) and although it's legal in CA, I don't want to draw attention.

These are the reds I have, and a few t8 'wide spectrum. I could also get a $40 600W equivalent full spectrum dimmable led thing. Wife bought one for her vivarium and its WAAAY too much for that.
I can also go 8foot x 2, but I want to do good by these plants, because it's all I have until October of next year.

20220704_151314.jpg

The problem I see with mixing LED and the T-8's will be that they need to be set at vastly different heights. Maybe someone has a solution. The T-8's need to be much closer to the plants and will block the LED light. At this point I'd just load up the space with the LED's and see how it goes.

The problem I see with mixing LED and the T-8's will be that they need to be set at vastly different heights. Maybe someone has a solution. The T-8's need to be much closer to the plants and will block the LED light. At this point I'd just load up the space with the LED's and see how it goes.
Yeah, this is getting complicated.
So now I'm 80% going with a box/tent setup. I'll drop 50 bucks for a dimmable full spectrum (65 from the wall) cheapo for this first year with the above lights added for punch. Totally over thinking it, which is why I came back here.
So, 5x5, four of those strip leds from above, and a full spectrum 600w equivalent. Too tired to do math. Prolly have to start a journal.
Cheers!!!
Pic from years past.

20201001_125050.jpg

Sorry, my brain went dead, please see my edits:

Couple problems, those only draw 48W ea. (so they're not 100W), and they are heavily weighted to the RED spectrum (6400K), which is fine for flowering, but not as good for vegging. So your gonna need at least 6 of them (9 would be better), and then you may want to supplement with some BLUE light (get 3 in 48" size if possible). They are decent lights, but just not made for vegging.
Sorry but this is backwards. 6400K is heavy on blue. Good for veg. More red the lower the number. Flowering lights are usually around 2700K.

Sorry but this is backwards. 6400K is heavy on blue. Good for veg. More red the lower the number. Flowering lights are usually around 2700K.
You are right, I had it correct the first time and then changed it. The 6400 is blue for vegging, he needs red. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. (mine)

Back
Top Bottom