A Good Old Fashioned RedHotChiliPepper Grow Off

My final harvest been a good year been eating peppers and tomatoes since early August
20190927_212716.jpg

What are everyone's plans for the new outdoor pepper season coming soon ?
:yahoo:spring is just around the corner

Yeah!! That's a good question. I'm going to get some Thai peppers, hungarian hot wax, the Carolina Reaper (of course,) and this 5 color Chinese pepper.

What about yourself??

Yeah!! That's a good question. I'm going to get some Thai peppers, hungarian hot wax, the Carolina Reaper (of course,) and this 5 color Chinese pepper.

What about yourself??
Looking to plant some jaloro jalapenos my favorite and some giant jalapenos
Running out of jarred oiled chilis paste so will grow some thai chilis
Also some various bell peppers to make stuffed peppers
Growing a whole bunch of different Roma tomato varieties from different countries
I think I will end up with some hemp seedlings in my garden as I left one palnt out to feed the birds and a bunch of seeds dropped in my garden
The original plant came from some soil I brought in from the farm from a previous hemp field
Looking forward to a new gardening season as winter can be tough
Always like seeing before and after pictures of a garden from black soil to the mass of green in 90- 100 days it just amazing how things grow so fast :yummy:

Yeah man the rats like to eat the leaves and even the baby peppers. That’s why the others are stripped at the bottom too. There is tiny little leaves growing back though so I have hope.

I completely feel the pain. Had a brand new tub (aeroponics) with 12 strawberry plants. They were looking beautiful almost three weeks in! Walked in one morning to find total devastation! This is an interior room inside of a 60x40' metal building. I never would have thought...damn rats! Only two have survived and started coming back. Rats are formally evicted! It was my first little grow/experiment before I sprout a more costly grow :yummy:

I have some peppers that are just now sprouting myself. Habanero Lemon, Tabasco and Cayenne Long Slims should get this party started!

What are everyone's plans for the new outdoor pepper season coming soon ?
:yahoo:spring is just around the corner
Got some burning bush habaneros & way too many chili peppers come up
Also have a bunch of flower started & 3 early cucumbers
IMG_1587.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG

I have a few peppers started indoors for the outdoor season. Might have started early but my most anticipated is my first carolina reaper.

I'm getting started way late :( . I'd like to find two or three of the "super-hots" this year, but I don't know if it'd be worth bothering with them. I grew a bhut jolokia las year indoors under LED and the plant grew relatively large (especially considering the fact that it was in about a gallon of soil) and was healthy throughout its life - but it was only beginning to flower when I shut things down. Maybe one would flower soon enough to produce fruit outside here, but I'm not especially hopeful.

Hey, has anyone been in contact with newty recently? I just checked, and her last post here on the forum was over a year ago (April 13, 2019). I hope she's well - and that she returns for another outdoor gardening season.

Ended up with a lot more habaneros, a lot were late .nice short & bushy
They are looking better than the Chili peppersIMG_1607.JPG

:thumb: I like it!
CBD mango sounds amazing. I will be swinging by your journal. I would love something like that available online or papaya. I just finished some pink kush CBD. Sorry to sidetrack from peppers but I am looking for more CBD variety. Anyways, back on topic, I planted 25 more pepper seeds last night. Hope to have some spicey fermented hot sauce of sorts

With weed seeds slow to ship, I decided to try my hand in the pepper growing ring for a bit. Currently germinating some "Yellow Reaper" seeds from Amazon, with some actual Carolina reaper seeds on their way from the breeder, as well as some Red and Yellow Scotch Bonnets, and Chocolate Bhutlahs. I'll see how these amazon seeds germinate, if i don't get results with them, I'll plant one yellow bonnet, one red bonnet, a carolina reaper, and a bhutlah to get some diversity in the tent.

With weed seeds slow to ship, I decided to try my hand in the pepper growing ring for a bit. Currently germinating some "Yellow Reaper" seeds from Amazon, with some actual Carolina reaper seeds on their way from the breeder, as well as some Red and Yellow Scotch Bonnets, and Chocolate Bhutlahs. I'll see how these amazon seeds germinate, if i don't get results with them, I'll plant one yellow bonnet, one red bonnet, a carolina reaper, and a bhutlah to get some diversity in the tent.

I picked up all of mine that I remember of Amazon. I have had pretty good luck with them not doing doing m.j thing too special. Jiffy picks in a humidity dome in my veg tent. I just started a second batch of 25 so fingers crossed I get good germination rate. Best of luck!

I just started a second batch of 25 so fingers crossed I get good germination rate.

Any luck on your germination? Mine was pretty lackluster with the Amazon seeds, but I get some of the PB seeds in, so I started a few batches of those and I'm pretty stoked to see how they turn out.

Any luck on your germination? Mine was pretty lackluster with the Amazon seeds, but I get some of the PB seeds in, so I started a few batches of those and I'm pretty stoked to see how they turn out.
I've been watching a few pop up. I'll have to check when I get home but seems like they are coming to life. The thai peps seem to always be the fastest for me. Hoping more Carolina reapers pop up

Back
Top Bottom