A lot has changed in 30 years!

SB0916

420 Member
Hello there old and new members. I've joined so I can learn as much as possible about growing, especially hydroponically. I started my first grow in late December with 3 WW seeds that produced 2 seedlings. Looking forward to watching them mature and not run into too many problems along the way.

Hello there old and new members. I've joined so I can learn as much as possible about growing, especially hydroponically. I started my first grow in late December with 3 WW seeds that produced 2 seedlings. Looking forward to watching them mature and not run into too many problems along the way.
Welcome friend. Post a pic so we can follow along with your white widows. :thumb:

Welcome friend. Post a pic so we can follow along with your white widows. :thumb:
I may have jumped into trying more advanced techniques than I was ready for. All seemed to be going well until I topped both plants and trimmed them. Hopefully what I'm seeing isn't too bad for them. Beginner's fear lol

20210114_120407.jpg

20210114_120355.jpg

20210114_115822.jpg

20210114_115747.jpg

I may have jumped into trying more advanced techniques than I was ready for. All seemed to be going well until I topped both plants and trimmed them. Hopefully what I'm seeing isn't too bad for them. Beginner's fear lol

20210114_120407.jpg

20210114_120355.jpg

20210114_115822.jpg

20210114_115747.jpg
what are you feeding those beauties? Any cal mag?

Welcome to :420:

Hydroponics is something I love learning about, and there are plenty of members on here who can do it spectacularly!
Is that a DWC your running?

I'm no pro, but I think that's the start of a cal deficiency

You'll want to get a journal on here going!

Yes, I've pretty much been sticking to the charts for the GH trio and the cal mag. One of the plants split into 2 stems pretty much right away but I never noticed problems or any spotting or yellowing on either plant until I followed a mainlining tutorial. I figured why not jump right in lol.

20210114_115838.jpg

20210114_115801.jpg

Thanks. I've been on here many times in the past but figured if I'm going to try growing, what better place could there be to become part of. Yes, its a DWC and I've flushed it once after 2 weeks and about due for another flush this weekend. I think I've been on the low end of the cal mag amounts to avoid burning but I'll probably increase the amount like you and others have suggested.

Yes, I've pretty much been sticking to the charts for the GH trio and the cal mag. One of the plants split into 2 stems pretty much right away but I never noticed problems or any spotting or yellowing on either plant until I followed a mainlining tutorial. I figured why not jump right in lol.

20210114_115838.jpg

20210114_115801.jpg
Love that split beautiful girls. :thumb:

I don't know hydro but how's your pH? If that's going out the plant won't be taking up the calmag.
I've been trying to keep the ph between 5.5 and 6.5. The ph needed to be adjusted almost daily before the first flush but since then it's been pretty stable with only a slight increase every other day or so. I really hope it's a not a fungus like septoria. I've kept the tent clean but my wife has been putting a few plants in there off and on to get some light. The WW definitely doesnt look as good since then so I've taken her plants out just in case that's the cause.

I've been trying to keep the ph between 5.5 and 6.5. The ph needed to be adjusted almost daily before the first flush but since then it's been pretty stable with only a slight increase every other day or so. I really hope it's a not a fungus like septoria. I've kept the tent clean but my wife has been putting a few plants in there off and on to get some light. The WW definitely doesnt look as good since then so I've taken her plants out just in case that's the cause.
If it keeps drifting up to 6.5 it'll be an issue, just under 6 is where I try and keep it but my 100L tank constantly drifts up. I have to keep on it daily. It gets to be a pain but can't risk an issue.

If it keeps drifting up to 6.5 it'll be an issue, just under 6 is where I try and keep it but my 100L tank constantly drifts up. I have to keep on it daily. It gets to be a pain but can't risk an issue.
I'm only using 5 gallon pots but each only has about 3.75 gallons of spring water. Didn't use the well water because it's very hard here. The reservoir was very cloudy before the first flush and that's when I was having the rising ph issue. Not sure if the clay pebbles were the cause but the ph is much more stable in the ideal range now. Just added the cal mag so it's wait and see I guess.

I'm only using 5 gallon pots but each only has about 3.75 gallons of spring water. Didn't use the well water because it's very hard here. The reservoir was very cloudy before the first flush and that's when I was having the rising ph issue. Not sure if the clay pebbles were the cause but the ph is much more stable in the ideal range now. Just added the cal mag so it's wait and see I guess.
Always put calmag in first. It has something to do with the other molecules binding to it for easy uptake.

I wasn't aware of that...thank you. Guess my newbie DWC research missed that lol. I can only imagine the info learned in order to get a 100L tank up and running well!

Back
Top Bottom