Advanced LED Grow - Nirvana Auto Flowering

I rehung the DS400 today ... 24" above canopy ... the three plants were just a little big for the other lights so if I have to put them back up I may need to move one plant outdoors ... the heat I can probably handle but when I'm using this light and I fire up my vape the damned fuse blows ... New house ... seems the code calls for an anti-arc circuit breaker that seriously reduces the amount of power any one circuit can handle ... Have you considered setting your plant outdoors for a week or two ?

:thumb:

I rehung the DS400 today ... 24" above canopy ..

Your girls are gonna explode with crazy growth now:loopy:
Yep........I thought about setting her outside for about 2 seconds.......lol
But I have ALOT of deer,woodchucks,rabbits,pests,ect in my back yard......im just too scared to risk it.
Im just gonna let her veg for a few more weeks then flip her......
Im curious about what kinda yield this freakshow girl will provide....

All three are budding nicely and are thick and healthy but I think they are staying short due to heat (88*F) ... the plants love this light but I'm running out of headroom ... feeding them full strength --- Farmer's Pride Organic along w/ purified water and Cal/Mag ... I should have grown photo plants at 12/12 from seed ...
4 weeks ...
6_30a.JPG

6_30b.JPG

6_30c.JPG

Week five update ... Not much to tell ... the Big Ass LED trips the breaker about once a day ... plants got an extra 7 hours of darkness last time ... lights are 24" above tops and when the room gets hot in the afternoon I run just the flowering lights ... no frost yet but they are budding very nicely ... there is a learning curve to these big LEDs and I'm behind it ... plants are staying short ... not a bad thing, just unexpected ...the foliage is thicker than I am accustomed to and I think they would benefit from opening up but maybe on the next grow ... showing a little sign of Mag deficiency on one plant ... feeding 10mg Cal/Mag per gallon w/ each feed and water ... The NL is not budding as well as the Blue Mystics but it is a very healthy plant ... the small amount of Coast of Maine Quoddy soil I used has been an incredible buffer holding the soil's ph in the 6.6-6.8 range ...

5 weeks ...
7_7a1.JPG

Week Six ... Fighting a yellowing problem. Used RO water since day one along w/ Cal/Mag Plus. Been feeding Farmer's Pride Organic at full strength for a couple weeks but I have not been impressed w/ the results. Switched to Botanicare Pro Bloom Soil w/ Liquid Karma today ... about 3/4 strength ... went with Botanicare because I had it, I haven't been impressed w/ it in the past. Taking care of the electric problem next week so I may get to add a fan ... I removed about a dozen yellow leaves prior to photographing ... ph pegged at 6.6 ... I've never had ph stay so level ... I attribute this to about a quart of 'Quoddy' from 'Coast of Maine' in each 3 gal pot ... Lights on temps have been about 85* / 78* with them off ... Plants w/ the better buds are Blue Mystics, they are also the plants that are suffering from the most yellowing.

Week Six ...

7_14_bm_a.JPG

7_14_bm_b.JPG

7_14_bm_c.JPG

7_14_bm_d.JPG

7_14_nl_b.JPG

7_14nl_a.JPG

Looking good man, how was your purchase with Advanced? I am looking into buying (2) XML350's for my almost 5x3 growing area soon to swap out my 400w and was courious if the whole purchase process went smooth. Obviously it looks like the plants are producing, but your having heat issues? Are you venting with an inline fan? I really want to test the waters with LED and think advanced would be the brand to buy. Sorry if some of these questions were answered in your log I must have missed them. Anyways the plants are looking good and keep up the good work man! :roorrip:

The yellowing could be based on it's stage in it's life cycle but w/ 4-5 weeks left to grow it seems a little early to start yellowing ... but I must say that every other time I grew Blue Mystic it yellowed at this stage and still produced well ...

Advanced LED makes a top quality light ... The guys who sell them do a great job w/ sales and service. That said there is a great second hand market on Ebay where growers go to sell their lights when they decide to get larger ones. The DS400 I'm using currently is a little big for my space and that is causing me problems ... I believe my harvest will be equal to or smaller than prior harvests w/ the same seeds, same space but smaller Advanced LED lights (DS100+Extreme Flower 120) ... I plan a winter grow starting Nov 1st. in a larger space where temps should be 10*-20* cooler ... I have been unable to use a fan due to an electrical problem ... Unless you know someone that has done a successful grow w/ the XML350 I would advise against it ... could be a great light but I expected a lot more from this DS400 and the problems I've had w/ the light have all been related to the fact that is too much power for the space. It helps if you know your maximum head space and if the light can work in that space ... I would think the XML350 would require quite a bit of space above the canopy ... My plants would have preferred a distance of 48" for first 4 weeks ... for what I paid used for this light I could have had 2 new ProGrow180's and been much happier ... or 2 more new ds100s for a total of three and had better results ... I wanted a Big Ass LED but now I'm finding bigger is not always better ...

Thanks for the feedback man. I will keep your words in mind when it comes time to purchase a light. My tent is 84 inches tall and my electrical will be able to handle two of the lights no problem. I dont have any other electronics running off that switch only my grow stuff. I have seen a successful grow with the XML350 in a 2x2 and it turned out pretty good according to the youtube grow log of it. I was just not sure if it was a fake video to help the company with sales or not and I have been trying to do as much research as I can before I spend $2000

Was that youtube grow four square meters or four square feet ? W/ a core coverage 4'x4' of I'd start out w/ one in a 3x5 space ... I'd love to see a link to that grow on You tube ... a lot depends on what kind of weed you plan to grow ... I generally grow autos because their life cycle works for my schedule and they are generally short and bushy ... also if you're growing for one or two people or more ...

Check out DirtyDanny's grow if you want to see an example of too much light ... mine would be the same if I hadn't used the smaller lights for the first 3 weeks ... DirtyDanny's 600 Watt LED Grow

Ill link the video and you be the judge of the grow, he actually has several videos as his grow progresses Ill link up a couple.

[video=youtube;9QehtkGOX-w]
[/video]
[video=youtube;04Js2Fk_MJA]
[/video]

Looks like he switched to a 4x4 towards the end of the grow
[video=youtube;uaZ2paQs4EE]
[/video]

I do not think I am going to grow autos next time around I have not yet decided yet. I need to get some mothers so I can clone so I think Auto is out of the question next round. Anyways I really want to buy the light but keep second guessing myself and now that I have talked to you I am in the air about it. Maby I will do a bit more research.

Don't let me talk you out of the light. I'd start w/ one light first and decide after a grow if you need more ... one light would outperform your current 400w light ... Those videos are very well done and by growing photos from clones you never have to be concerned w/ the seedling stage and how they respond to the light ...

The guy in those videos is a hell of a lot better grower than I am ... One thing about buying straight from Advanced is that I believe that you would have good warranty coverage and if you ever needed it, you'd be glad you had it. I own three of their lights, they are all very well made.

Thanks for the info man, yeah I was diffidently leaning towards Advanced. I will buy one light I think to start out and see how it preforms. Ill keep you updated on my decision when I purchase it. Then you can check out my grow log once I get it up and running. Nice talking to ya man! +reps to ya

Back
Top Bottom