Advice on LEDs - Opinions & Expertise Wanted

Now this is a pic of the same plant in flower right now with LED's
420-magazine-mobile415449166.jpg
420-magazine-mobile39095196.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1663249952.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1268930054.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1736370002.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Even if you can afford a 400 dollar light, i wouldn't buy an off the shelf led... There's a much better source of light for that price.... I think of it as the Goldilocks light... Not too big, not too small, it's just the right size.... It's the SS-315 watt lec.. I see it online for $380-$430 now, ships free. First time i used mine i got a 1.2 gpw yield, 24"x 24" scrog screen, rdwc, clone.... The best thing is, you get to take credit for what the light does.. Makes you look like a better grower...

Driller2500, I can't complain about your results. Your plants look fantastic. I will say that LED's are perfect for growers who have a hard time keeping there temps under control and when you're growing in hydro there's nothing more important than maintaining good temps.

As far as the math goes, I've seen side by side comparison of Plants grown under LED's and those grown under standard MH/HPS systems. It's no secret that LED's perform just as well and sometimes even better. But no one is doubleling their yield switching to LED's. At most your yield will be slighter better under an LED.
A slightly better yield doesn't justify buying a ridiculously more expensive light system.

If you have the money to buy a $1200 LED system then go for it but most growers don't have that cash.
Once again, LED's still have a long way to go before they can be as affordable an effective to new growers.

I'm not saying that LED's are worthless but they're not for new growers who have 0 experience with cultivating. Also, LED's are extremely expensive compared to a standard 400 w MH/HPS system. Would you really pay $300-$400 dollars on an LED or $120 for a 400W system that comes with both a Metal Halide and HPS bulb.

IT only takes math to see that LED's still have a long way to go!
I wont argue the expensive/worthiness of led's since that is really just an opinion but I would argue that they're just fine if you're just beginning. I am running my first ever grow right now with LED'S and everything is going fine and there's plenty of resources online to help a new grower do fine with led lighting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The LEC look very nice to me. They seem to have a good spectrum, but under 110lm/W is a littlebit low. If you can do 1,2gpw under one of these i guess you will be the one going for 2gpw like some others under the an array of CXB3590 at <50W each. They spit out about 180lm/W. Cheaper COBs are available so you end up ~1usd/~160lm/W

If you drive them right they should last a lifetime. But the drivers and COBs have only warranty between 5 and 7 years :) how often does a HID or CMH need to be replaced? Dont they loose 20% light output over the first 5000hours?

I dont know. I could never grow with classic light sources because of the heat and the noise to get rid of it. Even a blurple panel within the range i built my lights for is too warm because too inefficient.

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

Re: Advice on LEDs - Opinions &amp;amp; Expertise Wanted

I'm looking for a pure 100% led veg light for moms and babys 4x4 area does any body have any answers iv been looking at lush lighting vegetator series
Price and wattage limits/How much watt per sqare foot? is some simple DIY an option?

Ah, so arround 650Usd right?
I would buy some 5000-6500K COBs if just foe veg. Prebuilt or just parts. Will last a lifetime. .

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

Re: Advice on LEDs - Opinions &amp; Expertise Wanted

I ended up purchasing one of the mars II pro 160 how many plants should I put under
Too many possibilities to give an adequate answer. Anything between 1 and 9? One long vegged plant would yield as much as 9 smaller ones. One plant wait longer, less work, more risk if anything goes wrong

On a 2x3 i would go for 1 to max 4 plants, on a 3x3 id pick 4-9. More like 4 bigger ones.

On my 2x3 i will only grow 2 plants next time using 200-420W. At max Wattage thats more W/sqft than a 600W HPS on a 3x3 and even more PPFD/m2 because it puts out about 20% more plant usable light PER WATT than a gavita 1000W for example

Better give 2 plants some room and reach their potential then pressing 4 or 6 in there, watering more pots and watching none of it having enough space to reach its potential

How much watts and lumens has this light? Any info on the mars hydro site about lumen, par, ppfd?

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More

I ended up purchasing one of the mars II pro 160 how many plants should I put under

Depends on what style you choose also. You could fill 2x3 space with 1 plant in scrog. I fit 2 in that space in 6 gal pots with scrog. I wouldn't go with more than 4. Plants smaller than that are too vulnerable to problems.

I see a lot of people suggesting black diamond lights... but did anyone notice he only has a 5' tall grow tent/area? Those black diamonds as well as any other led with dual lensing is going to be too intense for that limited vertical height, unless he only wants to grow 1' tall plants.

I would suggest a COB solutions, or a mono diode solution that does NOT have dual lenses.

Budmaster, Timber, and a few other sponsors here have COB technology which will work much better for your limited vertical space. Yes you could go with a dual lensed LED, but you will run into problems if your plants get too tall and bleach.

Ask each company for their PAR measurements over a 4'x4' area at multiple heights. This would be the best way to see which light meets your individual needs.

I've only got a 5ft tall tent and I use the Dwarf star by black diamond. Just need to LST the plants so they don't grow as tall. Which helps with getting a better yield anyway.

what size is ur tent I'm looking at that exact light

Try and find an LED light that how spectrums of light for veg and bloom those always work the best and produce optimal quality cannabis

I'm not saying that LED's are worthless but they're not for new growers who have 0 experience with cultivating. Also, LED's are extremely expensive compared to a standard 400 w MH/HPS system. Would you really pay $300-$400 dollars on an LED or $120 for a 400W system that comes with both a Metal Halide and HPS bulb.

IT only takes math to see that LED's still have a long way to go!

I personally think any grower can start with LED and tney are much easier because a new grower probs doesn't know a lot about plant burn and such and led don't cause those problems at all they may be expensive but last longer and produce better quality yield at the end of the day

Back
Top Bottom