Afgoo - First Time Seed Grow

Day 7 curing!!!

Man I am so thankful for DBM for that post about how to rehydrate your buds in the curing stage!!! all my nugs are so beautiful now!!! very very very light crisp on the outer edges, and very very very little moisture in the middle!!! I can't wait to try it!!! I am getting so close to the 2 week mark!!! Its then I will try more!!!

:peacetwo:

Day 7 curing!!!

Man I am so thankful for DBM for that post about how to rehydrate your buds in the curing stage!!! all my nugs are so beautiful now!!! very very very light crisp on the outer edges, and very very very little moisture in the middle!!! I can't wait to try it!!! I am getting so close to the 2 week mark!!! Its then I will try more!!!

Glad I could help... :thumb:

ok, here we are, month and a half after chop, and 1 month in to cure!!! let me just say that the Afgoo tastes amazing for being an outdoor plant. From what I have been told is that you will get a more earthy taste from outdoor buds. But they will be more dense and fat!!! well Afgoo 1 has that earthy taste to it, but she smells so pungent out of the cure jar!!! I'll tell you what though, it smells BOMB!!! as for Afgoo 2, she has a more of a chocolate taste to her... I found this to be weird but she does, she has a more of a sweeter smell out of the cure jar, and IMO, she is more stoney!!! Now remember, I did LST to Afgoo1 and Afgoo2 grew straight up. Well i now know that I need to plant later in the season for LST outdoors, it would work a lot better inside, but for the outdoors, cus you can't control when she starts to flower. So the buds came out a lil fluffy, but the non LST SUPER DENSE NUGS!!!

Feel free to jump into my grow journals here on the bottom of the signature!!! I have all my journals in a blog as well as, all of the recruits for the BPN Army!!!

This journal is now complete!!!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

New to growing own MMJ, I have two afgoo clones which is better indoor or outdoor as spring seems to have started here Thanks for your input. :peace:

Hi
I cant tell U much abut growing outdoors, but, It seem a bit to early and I would think they would go into FLOWER mode right away.

I do grow indoor and it is a great plant and product.
I Veg in 9 x 2gal pots under an air cooled cool tube 600watt.
Soil is Happy Frog with 25% perlite.
Nutes are Botanicare Pure Blend Pro.
I follow there schedual pretty close with a few plain waterings.
They are fairly bushy and I only veg for 3weeks to a height of 13inchs.
I shut the lights out for 30hrs during transition form veg to flower.
I have found this to work really well.
Top when there small and supercrop as they grow.
They strech to about 17inchs.
I severly trim the undergroath (About 4/5th just leaving about 5 to 7 bud sites per plant.
I do all thei by the end of week 1 of flowering.
I Avg. 45grams per plant.
It takes about 9week to get really dank.
Hope this helps.
Happy growing.

New to growing own MMJ, I have two afgoo clones which is better indoor or outdoor as spring seems to have started here Thanks for your input. :peace:

High blooddog51,

I don't see any issues with putting them outside, but before you do, you need to make sure to harden them off, which means, that you need to introduce them to the sun in little bits at a time. For instance, day 1 find a shady spot to put them and let them see the sun for about an hour, then take it back in under the safty of CFL, the next day, do the same thing, but increase the amount of time that it sits outside in the sun, you do this until you feel she can stay outside the rest her of her time.

Feel free to ask any other questions. I have Afgoo going again this season, and they are already outside, but of course I do it from seed. So they get used to the sun the minute they pop out for the light. Thats the way nature intended it, and thats what I did for them.

Astonr420's End of Time 2012 Outdoor journal

Hi
I cant tell U much abut growing outdoors, but, It seem a bit to early and I would think they would go into FLOWER mode right away.

I do grow indoor and it is a great plant and product.
I Veg in 9 x 2gal pots under an air cooled cool tube 600watt.
Soil is Happy Frog with 25% perlite.
Nutes are Botanicare Pure Blend Pro.
I follow there schedual pretty close with a few plain waterings.
They are fairly bushy and I only veg for 3weeks to a height of 13inchs.
I shut the lights out for 30hrs during transition form veg to flower.
I have found this to work really well.
Top when there small and supercrop as they grow.
They strech to about 17inchs.
I severly trim the undergroath (About 4/5th just leaving about 5 to 7 bud sites per plant.
I do all thei by the end of week 1 of flowering.
I Avg. 45grams per plant.
It takes about 9week to get really dank.
Hope this helps.
Happy growing.

High Newfriend,

There is nothing wrong with going outdoors now as long as your last frost of the year has passed, or you are ready to take on mother nature. For instance, I popped my babies for this years outdoor season just last month, and then we got a bad rain storm for 2 days straight, so I brought the babies in for those 2 days, the minute good ol sunshine came back out to play, so did the ladies. Here in Cali, I keep track of the sunlighting and it's timing, like today, I have 13 hours and 10 minutes of light.

Hey there everybody,

now i have been reading everywhere that Afgoo is a Clone only strain that you can grow??? I dont understand this, how is that i got a bunch of seeds from some Afgoo that i ordered from a dispensary, I was very lucky to get these straight out of the buds!!! I got all excited!!! I was never so happy to see a seed in my Medical Cannabis!!! so anyways, if anybody can clear this up for me it would be nice, I need to know as much as i can know about growing this stain, so please all advice this way!!! I have to 2 seeds already in soil, did the germinating 2 days ago and today they went into soil... well i will keep this updated!!! hope i get more followers than my White Widow has gotten!!

Yes, I am also growing a White Widow!!! she is a clone and is 2 weeks and 5 days old to me, her genetic age i dont know,

Peace!!!

I know this thread is quite old, but I just was wondering...

How do you know this was seed of the strain "Afgooey?" Did it just come out of Afgooey buds from a dispensary? That in no way means the seed from those buds is going to be Afgooey. Since it's a clone-only strain, my guess would be that it was pollinated from some other strain the grower was running or it possibly threw a couple unseen nanners pollinating itself. In that case, your seed would be an Afgooey outcross or an Afgooey S1. Did all of your seeds happen to come out female? None the less, Afgooey is part of the lineage of your seeds, but it isn't the same as the clone-only Afgooey. The progeny is going to display a decent amount of phenotypical variation depending on what exactly the pollen-source was, but you may find an "Afgooey" phenotype that's pretty much an exact copy of the original. Just have to hunt through enough of the seed.

Back
Top Bottom