McCrackin's - O/Berry - Afgoo/Kush - Soil - Heavy Defoliation - 400HPS - Stealth

Re: McCrackin’s, O-Berry-Afgoo-Kush , Soil, Heavy Defoliation (at start),400HPS,Steal

OK so I have moved everything into a t5 box. That way I don't have to go out and cover and go out uncover and keep track. Although i am kicking myself having to run a light when the sun is shining so bright these days.

The fastest way to monkey bud-meds is to screw up the lighting, actually screw up the dark.

So I noticed outside that the light of day was elongating enough to cause the plants to push veg leaves when they should be tightening up so I plan to keep everything in the 12/12 perfect and starve nutes for the remaining three weeks or so. That way I will be able to get this thing to finish.

A friend suggested that I go for the 3 weeks more, harvest top 2/3 and put everything outside to go until October, figures the plants will recover then push get into the weaning light of late summer early fall and go for broke. I disagree because #'s are key and I could potentially have some BlueDream crosses going by then...

SO the BOBS are all looking good. The buds on the smallest plant are the most developed.

If you want to limit stretch, cut off all the fan leaves before 12/12... it is a great way to keep everything small and the buds seem to develop faster than regular so you catch up on the timing...

I will put pics up soon... Without them I don;t think I can get too much interest in this journal...

Oh and it is crazy how many fools are on here now. I remember when the current journal tab was only 2 pages now it deep.

Congrats to a friend of ours GF24 on his successful pull. I will miss that journal, it was one of the best.

ltr.

Re: McCrackin's, O-Berry-Afgoo-Kush , Soil, Heavy Defoliation (at start),400HPS,Steal

DAY 45 12/12

Bob 1
DSC066362.JPG

Bob 2
DSC066372.JPG

Bob 3
DSC066412.JPG

Bob 4
DSC066451.JPG

:yummy:
Notice how they are neon green. That's their real color. Not camera. The Bobs developed mature buds faster that the control plant, but my experiment is fubar because I screwed up cataloging and this plant is not F1 pheno for any of the BOBS.
:surf:
The Control is more like a train-wreck-bag-seed combo, but it looks like it will be good, I mean nothing I ever touch is bad, just not knowing WTF it is bothers me.
:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide:

What can be shown is that heavy defoliation before 12/12 and I mean serious heavy defoliation, will limits plants stretch and keep a plant the size it was in veg only with buds. So for all the PC growers and box stealth guys out there, heavy defol on scrog in 1 liter bottles would keep everything within size limits and you get mature bud in dense spaces... Very interesting as a result of this thing... The plants do look a bit shrunken down being this small and budded but say you did a bunch of em.... A guy can dream.
What I thought would be a control plant is now a comparison of apples to orange kush, lol... but I am going to determine what she is on the back because me weed memory never fails me, Just like the villain for pineapple express.

:wood::wood::wood::wood::wood:

Hopefully I say, "Oh damn, that's the GC-Orange Kush from 2007 that I love so much..." and not "Oh yeah this is that cross plant that smelled like burnt rubber when smoked.." but it a gamble, knowing my friend he would have seen fit to make sure I got Burnt Rubber hash plant in my take home, claiming it's the chron, then its like a day at Nascar without the large breasted white women and beer...:tokin:
:tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin:
I know she will make me happy or maybe she will make me sleepy, who knows.:slide::smokin:

DSC06644.JPG

:cool:

Whatever she is I will love her, unless she starts reminding me of burning tires then it into the fireplace... heat fuel.

Lastly I wanted to show off my FIM technique because this is the best way to trim... notice a double top cola, yeah that's from an article here on 420, props to the author of that shit cause I will live and breath FIM technique forever...:bravo::thanks:
:party:
Thinking about harvesting on of the Bobs early to get morning wakeup meds, then regular the next and biggest two, then couch-facing late harvest the last one...

Re: McCrackin's, O-Berry-Afgoo-Kush , Soil, Heavy Defoliation (at start),400HPS,Steal

Looking Very nice My friend, thought you had gone MIA for a while:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: Plants looking lush and healthy still man great Job. I think It was me that posted the FIM article In my grow journal and on anther thread, ill post it here again just so people can see the technique that worked well for you obviously whether it was my post or not:thumb::thumb::thumb: looking good keep it up. Heres that pictorial for the FIM technique it can also be found in my grow journal as well.:Rasta::Rasta::Rasta::Rasta:

492553582-57386training91.jpg

Hey bro, a quick note on the pink panther - I am from the Central valley and know a grower there that we call DonJuan. He had some of your pink panther, according to him anyway. I have a bunch of the seeds and am growing out a male and female right now. I was going to post a pic of the male to see what you think, the coloring really looks similar to your females. I had never heard of pink panther until my bro mentioned it and then reading thru your defol journal I was very suprised to find the "story behind the seeds!" so to speak! Anyway, later bro. I thnk I am going to start a journal here soon, will post pics then or maybe i can send it to you pm. later

Hey bro, a quick note on the pink panther - I am from the Central valley and know a grower there that we call DonJuan. He had some of your pink panther, according to him anyway. I have a bunch of the seeds and am growing out a male and female right now. I was going to post a pic of the male to see what you think, the coloring really looks similar to your females. I had never heard of pink panther until my bro mentioned it and then reading thru your defol journal I was very suprised to find the "story behind the seeds!" so to speak! Anyway, later bro. I thnk I am going to start a journal here soon, will post pics then or maybe i can send it to you pm. later.

That would be kwel if true. We called this bred pink panther between friends, but there is commercial brand out there called pink panther that is not this and is differentiated with no kush xbred.

Bobs are actually cross african x (goo x berry kush) x berry kush(f). With f1 of pink pistol, berry smell, berry flavor, potent, and that neon green veg. If your buddy has similar, it's possible he is seeing same f1 in different genes. Or he knows me. Small world. Lol.

Re: McCrackin’s, O-Berry-Afgoo-Kush , Soil, Heavy Defoliation (at start),400HPS,Steal

High McCrackin just got caught up and my head is spinning!

Very interesting grow thank you :tokin:

Have you grown these plants in similar conditions without defoliating? It would be great to gather more data on results with and without.

Congrats and good luck!

High McCrackin just got caught up and my head is spinning!

Very interesting grow thank you :tokin:

Have you grown these plants in similar conditions without defoliating? It would be great to gather more data on results with and without.

Congrats and good luck!

Blue thanks for stoping by. [Clone^3(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4] clone set from mother two previous, was a set of clones that all went into 5 gallon buckets and was done Canadian flood and drain. They were huge. Bushiest plants I have even known. I don't really need that much meeds now but wanted to do something in defol on bushes. Also I knew I could limit stretch, after seeing gf24 have to remove one in his cab because of space, got me thinking.

Also I love when they give you little compact buds. Maybe CPU compact.
:smokin:

Looks like I am late to the party. I just read the whole thread and it is very interesting. I LOVE good solid testing and you seem to enjoy it as well. I don't have an opinion on your test but I like to see this kind of scientific testing for any reason. Good job with descriptions and pics so far. Keep up the good work, I will be watching. :)

Jonny

Looks like I am late to the party. I just read the whole thread and it is very interesting. I LOVE good solid testing and you seem to enjoy it as well. I don't have an opinion on your test but I like to see this kind of scientific testing for any reason. Good job with descriptions and pics so far. Keep up the good work, I will be watching. :)

Jonny

Glad to hear you are digging the entertainment. :popcorn:

Really impressive job keeping track of genetics. I know from experience how hard it can be for people with our hobby to always maintain accurate records. Loving the journal and the pink panthers.

Big ups man.

Really impressive job keeping track of genetics. I know from experience how hard it can be for people with our hobby to always maintain accurate records. Loving the journal and the pink panthers.

Big ups man.

Thanks for the positive words even though now I am almost sure I got the burnt-rubber plant in my collection. I called my friend and he laughed at me when I asked how the hell he could mistake A bob for the hash-ass. He says he can't describe the pleasure he has knowing that one of those garbage ass plants is going bud again.

Now for my experiment... Talk about a loss of control. My untrimmed control is now identified as hash-ass. But we will just let her go.

I trimmed everything major today, and found spider mites galore and pm on inside stems. So a bit of positive comes from my loss. Because the pm is devastating if not found early.

So I would love to hear ideas on dry boxes stealth and odor controlled . Because I will build one if I like the idea.:yummy:

This will be fun to watch. How are you treating the mites and pm? Mr Krip built a cool stealth odor control dry box, he put a thread in the DIY forum and the link is in his sig. :peace:

Really glad to see you back brother! Good stuff as always. Love the Neon green leaves, they're perfect to go with the pink buds. Sorry to hear about the PM and mites, I've heard both can be a bitch. I'll second what Blue said about Mr Krips odor control box - seems pretty solid. X

This will be fun to watch. How are you treating the mites and pm? Mr Krip built a cool stealth odor control dry box, he put a thread in the DIY forum and the link is in his sig. :peace:

So I wanted to be sure it was hash-ass so I got in there with clippers and started trimming and at first I was like okay, then it was confirmed. Then is saw some pm, (we are talking about that first essence of pm when it is just some white fuss on the leaf top) barely visible fuss like cotton whisps) so I cut that fast and then cleared all the fans and all the pre fans .

The fans had mites then I saw a few brownish colonies of larvies, so damn, amazingly this plant that was untrimmed was the harbor, like afganastan, only for mites. The rest of the plants did not have anything of bugs to talk about.

How to deal this late into a harvest. Huh, I am going to wait to discuss, but definitely it is concern. Since I trimmed so much off todayo I bought at least a few days. I am thinking ladybugs. Maybe.

The hash-ass is like a bad joke. So I did not think when I did everything to keep track this would happen.

It was African Mex that seems to smell like tires and causes cough. Although strong the smoke is offensive. The bud looks good but it makes you say WTF pepper when smoking. It was an attempt to get back to some resinous orgins. But turned into a bad monkey.

Anyways... :hookah::Rasta::morenutes::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

I am pleased to see my subject of limiting stretch through heavy defoliation is in the winds of this site. But in an attempt to keep it totally real here, what is it that is limiting stretch.......it's shock.

Shock to limit stretch, shock in transition to induce buds, shock and it's not in negative connotation because I agree there is no one way to do it right. Once you are adept to not killing plants, you can do anything you want.

Really glad to see you back brother! Good stuff as always. Love the Neon green leaves, they're perfect to go with the pink buds. Sorry to hear about the PM and mites, I've heard both can be a bitch. I'll second what Blue said about Mr Krips odor control box - seems pretty solid. X

So I am convinced the neon green is a simple nitrogen starvation without deficiency, the nutes I use do have n in them but I am sure the trimming and the leaf push caused a lack that is barely kept up on current feeding schedule.

All the times I use 1/2 gals this is the case, the bobs try and to pushy leafy and end up neon, using up the n at alarming rates, this was mentioned by a friend that reminded me that bobs turn that dark green in ground or 5 galls. They just need more n than usual.
:hookah:

I just wanted to post here that automatic watering systems and auto light systems and auto air systems are not easy to get dialed in but once they are... it makes it so easy...

I am at the point right now where it is nice to set it and forget it...

The manual light dark technique with the sun and then retirement at night to a closed dark box is easy on the power bill but lets face it, the timer never forgets to go on or off, i do.

I plan to check on things tonight. I think i am at the point where i could potentially go 7-10 days without any supervision. I would like to get a secured camera with online login through private vpn, so i could visually check things, then the watering is the only part of the equation that needs monitoring, the rest is, shall i say, automatic... lol

Back
Top Bottom