Alienpus's DWC, Indoor, HPS: Kripple Shock, Incredible Bulk & Ice Cream, 2014

beauty stuff there, for sure,, is there two pieces there and did that bag make them both? probably two different batches because of the differing colours? one day i will have enough trimmings to do similar,, i am looking at differing techniques wondering how to do mine, eventually. one can't grow this stuff and not try making it at some point, can one? and some cookies maybe? nice light too, open a store maybe..

Both pieces come from the same batch, the dark one I poured off of the other one and I didn't rinse enough. The ziplock was well filled to 3/4 full, but this was nice stuff. I had 9 mason jars worth at 1/3 full. Not the best method for sure, If you look at what came out there is a lot left behind. I have not done this often and never tried with dry powdered trim yet. The gist of it is that the good stuff sinks in water and the bad floats.

I put 1/3 ice, water, and trim in jar and shake well, put in freezer 10 min and shake a lot and then pour the liquid through the strainer into the 2L cup,
Fill the jar again shake and pour through strainer until the cup is full 2L.
I put that in the fridge at least an hour to settle.
Skim off the top with a small measuring cup, then you will see the bottom.
Siphon of the water with a piece of air stone tube, leaving about half an inch above the kief that has settled.
Shake up an other jar and refill the measuring cup, let settle, skim, siphon repeat until no more trim.
The measuring cup lives in the fridge as I intermittently shake up a jar when I remember.
After that, once you siphon off, add clean water, settle, siphon repeat until water is clear
The last time you siphon get close as you can, suck up excess water with folded paper towel corners and pile the kief on one side of the cup gravity lets the water out, keep sucking up with the towels until you can spoon it out onto wax paper.

It's good enough for me, but a lot stayed behind tough so I can't be doing things right. This is what came out of the jars. I might invest in bubble bags, maybe.

IMG_169417.JPG

IMG_169720.JPG

I must congratulate you on your mad skills/time put into building and setting your infrastructure.

Just wondering you only do a strain per table right? What kind of Root stimulator do you use in Hydro?

Thanks, Yeah I try do one strain per table as both lights are fixed to the same bar and I've been screwed by difference in height before but it happens, one day I will separate them though.

I use that ordinary 'roots' gel in RW cubes and nothing in the bubble cloner, works for me.

I have been asked a few times about the additives and products I use in my nutrient solutions so here is a detailed list of everything I use.

R.O. water at 400ppm veg for clones
350ppm well water
Two part veg and flower nutes
PH down......nitric and phosphoric acids
H2O2 35%
Rinsing solution to correct overfeeding or nute toxicity, and sometimes before harvest.

I have PH up but have not used it in years.

This strain is Ice Cream from Paradise seeds, same as the ones flowering now.

This time I used dry materiel and forced it through a strainer with large holes to shred it and remove all the junk. I ended up with 267 grams of shredded primo trim. Dry, this gave me 61 grams of hash, added to the 25 grams from last batch, Table one gave me a total of 86 grams of decent quality hash.

IMG_174218.JPG

So I ran this:

IMG_172920.JPG

Through this:

IMG_172519.JPG

Into this :

IMG_1722_1_.jpg

Then :

IMG_172719.JPG

IMG_172820.JPG

Once well rinsed the water is clear:

IMG_173120.JPG

The good stuff settled on the bottom:

IMG_173221.JPG

Water siphoned off and paper towels use to suck up remaining water, This once dry yielded over 50 grams.

IMG_173420.JPG

This is a dumb question, but that is all your trimmings from harvest, correct? Do you need to dry them first or is this done after you've dried and manicured your buds and sent them to cure? Just trying to figure out when this process can take place.. :thumb:

It's all the small leaves trimmed from around actual buds and the little fluffy buds from the bottom of the plants, its all stuff that has visible trichomes on it, no fan leaves or crap.

It can be done with fresh trimmings or dry, dry yields more but requires more rinsing in my limited experience, I dried them on a screen.

As to when, you need a certain minimum amount of material to make your process worthwhile, about 1/4 pound dry. In my case one harvest is enough, so I do it once everything that will be trimmed from buds has been removed and dried. In your case Dan, you will probably have to save up your trim until you have enough for a decent batch.

This is probably far from being the best way to do it, I like it because it uses household items and I don't care if I don't get maximum extraction, as long as the stuff is good.

that hash looks so good, wow, that much every harvest. saving my trimmings so one day I too may have that,, very well done, non cook hash. ever boil it? I read it causes some kind of chemical change, in a good way apparently, just curious, cheers

No, I don't get this much every harvest, it depends a lot on the strain. Also in this case I overgrew so I had a lot of fluffy buds at the bottom of the plants, a lot. I expect table 2 to give me about half.

Yeah I read about heating it, they call it decarb......something, I think. I was under the impression it only had to be done for ingesting product as otherwise it was accomplished when it is smoked. Maybe I'm wrong will have to look into it.

Dan, what you got to loose, save some up and try it.

Damn I love this build you need to do a journal on the build, I am a tech. I would love to follow this and possibly build the same unit. Man it always hinges on getting the uber expensive parts at a decent price eh?

Back
Top Bottom