Antics CFL Grow 2014

I'm very curious about this strain!!
Let us know how are the effects...
I'll be waiting for your smoking report.

Greetings from Uruguay.

You and me both brother. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm going to be using this strain to make a salve (along with my trim), and will be giving it a smoke test as well. Drying started today, but it was a smaller plant, so the dry should be down in a week or so, and the cure 1-2 weeks I think.

Yeah, both of my MG1's began flowering sooner and are much smaller than I was hoping for. I have a harlequin cutting or two with my name on it, so not sure if I'll try this strain again. although I am curious to see how it would do in my EnF system. Maybe I could blow doors off of it's expectation........

Oh, and I play a little metal for my plants. They seem into it :)

Congrats on your harvest!

Thanks! I also like proving to myself that things can be done on a small budget, especially when using materials that I already have on hand.

Now I just have to wait for the dry and the cure to see how much Cannabis I was able to produce with just a CFL grow.

It seems that going by the pictures, that the MED GOM I harvested last night was pretty much right about 7 days older +/- a day or two, than the MED GOM still growing. Since I didn't take a picture of the exact sprout date of the oldest MED GOM, I'm comparing the size of it in the very first picture I have to the pics of the other MG, and the pic that seems to match the most is when it's about 7 days old.

So I'm guessing in a week I'll be harvesting the second one, which works perfectly, since the drying box will be free then.

Lol my whole grow room including nutes, might have cost me $200. I salvaged, and was given everything else.

It probably won't be much as for harvest weight. But its your first grow and you probably learned a lot. I got 12 grams my first crop with a 400watt. Everything a noob can do, I did, twice lol started with 12 plants ended with 1 Hahahahah. I don't really know why I tell people this story.....
Either way ya got some smoke out of it and ya can use the gear again to grow more. Don't got any tips besides looking into scrog, good for small spaces. Chicken wire works.

I spent right about the same amount, including seeds as well.

I've seen an ad for the MED GOM state 25-50g/plant, and a breeder pack I found online states 20-50g/plant.

I'd love to get 28 grams+ from each, but realistically I'm hoping to see anything over 20. And I'll of course settle for 14g+ Anything less than that, and I need to seriously re-think my setup.

"Probably learned a lot" Is a huge understatement. I learned a ton of things just on that first grow, and I've already started the next grow. I made a ton of mistakes myself. I germinated a total of 6, and ended up with 3 lol.

Even the Quick One gave me a little smoke, just under a gram for that one. It's not much, but I don't know anyone that would turn down Cannabis, even if it's less than a gram. It gave me a chance to try a strain, and I've absolutely been enjoying it.

I'm actually considering fluxing for this next grow.. but its a little intimidating as well.

Congrats on your first harvest!
As Stumped said.

I found myself smiling while reading on the attachment part & thinking to myself: here´s another sensible person, just like me :)

On a positive note: you learned, nurtered her, shared time and attention with her (and isn´t that the best thing you can ever give someone?) and she fulfilled her mission of giving you some homemade smoke.
Now that something to :party:
Cheers

Ok drying complete. The small stems were snapping yesterday, some of the even smaller ones the day before. And today the end of the big stem started snapping. So I'm guessing the small stem nugs were a little too dry, and the big stem isn't QUITE dry enough, so I'm hoping they even out in the cure jar, and I can see what's what.

Well the harvest wasn't the most amazing, but it was a harvest, and I grew it myself. So I can be happy with that fact, and I managed to get a little over a 1/4, sooooo it wasn't what I hoped for (1/2 or better) But I'll take it.

Who in their right mind would turn it down anyways? :)

2014-05-30_10-22-23_758.jpg

And here's a few of the bigger babynugs, with a standard size bic lighter for comparison purposes. These are freshly cut off the stems, buds haven't been touched/rolled etc.. otherwise. Pretty light and airy (which I think explains the fast dry time, even though they were in a closed cardboard box). I also did my best to do a nice trim job, and not leave as many sugar leaves on as I did in the Quick One harvest.

2014-05-30_10-27-03_131.jpg

So it's not amazing, but there's virtually no chlorophyll smell in the jar at the moment, which I had a bit of with the Quick One. The buds have a sweet pine, with a touch of spice aroma. I'm not getting the citrus aroma as I've seen in some reviews yet, though.

Anyways I have one more to harvest soon, but I'm thinking of letting it go an additional week beyond how long I let this MG1 grow, and see if there's any increase in production, without compromising quality and potency, so I'll have to keep a close on on trichomes, if I see 10% amber I'm going to end the little "experiment" and harvest.

Thanks to everyone for visiting, and I'll post updates on the last plant when I have new information to share, and when I harvest it, as well as when I try some MG 1.0 smoke for the first time. :tokin:

Nice harvest, Antics!

I am excited to read about the MG1 smoke!

My two MG's are pretty darn small, I think I'll be lucky to get 1/4 total from both :) I want to try an MG in my hydro setup and see if it'll grow like my Hobbit.

Nice harvest, Antics!

I am excited to read about the MG1 smoke!

My two MG's are pretty darn small, I think I'll be lucky to get 1/4 total from both :) I want to try an MG in my hydro setup and see if it'll grow like my Hobbit.

Hey thanks man! How old are your MG, and how tall?

Forgive any typos and shortness of my message. Im in the backyard on my phone. Big fingers + touchscreen = not fun

Just a quick update:

As of today give or take a day or so, the second MED GOM is right around the same age as the first when harvested. So from today on I'll be watching trichomes closely, making sure I don't exceed about 10% amber, and hoping for a larger harvest.

Today I trimmed all the tiny baby undergrowth (which is drying now, and will make a great addition to my salve), and there are a large number of fan leaves yellowing off and slowly dying, so the plants lifespan is coming to an end soon. It has been slowly losing leaves for about a week now, and trichomes now are about 80-90% cloudy. I will be drying and curing this harvest, and keeping it completely separated from the previous harvest so I can compare effects of a MG1 harvest with 90% cloudy trichomes, and effects of whatever ratio this one has, when I harvest it.

I only wish I was able to take trichome pics, but it's really difficult getting my camera lined up with the microscope. I've only been able to do it once, and it was just for a second. The eyepiece slides too easily on the plastic?glass? lens of my camera, so it slips out of view easily. And of course they didn't sell the attachment for my phone since it's older.

Keep growing everyone, and always try your best to help those in need :)

Here's a few pictures since I've been putting it off for too long.

First, the last MED GOM..

2014-06-04_13-27-08_957.jpg

Now I tried again to take trichome pics but they all came out pretty blurry and out of focus. It's just impossible to focus the microscope while holding it, and my phone, while keeping the lens lined up with the camera lens, so this is the best I can do with the equipment I have.

2014-06-04_13-13-42_31.jpg

2014-06-04_13-16-30_998.jpg

2014-06-04_13-17-48_776.jpg

2014-06-04_13-17-59_344.jpg

2014-06-04_13-18-03_375.jpg

2014-06-04_13-19-07_276.jpg

2014-06-04_13-19-23_905.jpg

And just for fun.. the 2 new girls I have started. Royal Queen Power flower, and Medicann Cali Jack

2014-06-04_13-32-28_90.jpg

Ok so I harvested the first MG1 on 5/27, and going by this picture:
ResizedImage_1395529992412.jpg

For the benefit of the doubt, I'm assuming it was about a week old on 3/22. It was planted on 3/10

Going to the harvest date, it was about 73 days old when harvested.

Now the last MG1 still growing, sprouted on 3/22 and I have a picture of that one here:
ResizedImage_1395530035047.jpg

So counting up from the specific sprout date, it is currently 76 days old.

Breeder pack says 60 days to harvest, which in my CFL grow, seems way off. Judging by the yellowing of the leaves, the low % of amber trichomes, I'm going to guess I have still another week or two, which means the first one was harvested way too early at only 73 days old +/-. Which also confirms what I've read when people say to add 1-2 weeks to the time that breeders say you'll see the harvest date. Although I'm at 2 weeks past now, and like I said above, I expect another 1-2 weeks still.

It looks like I may have missed out on a larger yield too by harvesting the first one that early. So far it looks like I should exceed 8.55 grams on this one too.

Nice!!

So, did you try the med gom? How about the effects?

I wanted to wait to dry and start to cure the other one to compare, but since you asked, here it is! (I'm letting the other MED GOM grow longer than the first plant)

With a harvest at 90% cloudy, and a few ambers, the effects are subtle yet relaxing. There's no groggy or tired narcotic feeling, yet it's easy to sleep well when used. It's also a very energetic high. I don't feel baked, I feel alive. It's very social as well, which I have enjoyed a smoke and a conversation with a few different people on more than one occasion.
I don't feel like I'm having a "pothead" conversation, saying useless or ridiculously silly things. I feel completely in control at all times.

I had a good smoke one day, and an hour later drove my girlfriend home, and yes I was still medicated. No problems with attention, focus, controlling a vehicle, reacting to situations, etc.. It was no different than driving after taking a cold/flu medication, and actually, I'd rather drive after smoking MG, than taking a dose of those cold medicines out there.

As for taste/smell.. no comment yet! The cure isn't complete, so any reviews now would just be unfair.

looking great! Gives me hope for my little girls. Can't wait to see what your girl does.

Well I can already say I harvested the first one too soon. At least in my grow, with my CFLs, soil, etc.. 60 days was nowhere near enough time. Day 81, and I still don't see enough Amber trichomes to harvest.

Maybe you told me already, but do you have pictures and info of your MG1 grow? Mine topped out at 71.5 cm the last time I measured them. And I've seen height ranges listed as 50-80cm and another 50-100cm, both from breeder packs.

Well,

This is my first grow as well.
It's only one plant. Now it's been 50 days from seed, and is 35cm height.
Is cold and humidity is very high, the light was very poor, 115w between cfl and some leds, so it didn't grow too much. At least I'll have some joints to try. :)
Today, the new lights are debuting. I bought a 250w hps.

DSCF17904.jpg

DSCF17935.jpg
DSCF17926.jpg

The tricomas are already cloudy, and I'm waiting for some ambers to crop. I don't think it will last 10 days more!

Next batch will be the CBD skank Haze.

Back
Top Bottom