DrTentgrows 600w Wardrobe Grow - Power Plant

Hello apologies for the lack of updates here is some current pictures, they have 2 weeks to go according to dutch passions flowering times but i have got a feeling they will take a little longer as they are mostly sativa and are only under a 400w light.

DSCN17083.JPG
DSCN1707.JPG
DSCN17041.JPG

I was ment to take pictures just before the lights come on so they come out better, i will remember to do that next time.

I was hoping for 5 but aiming for 8, the buds are quite solid for a 440 watter so fingers crossed. How much do you think they will gain in size in the last 2 weeks?

I'm not sure how much they will gain in size in the next two weeks but if you get 8 ounces out of two plants man that will be most definetly good. Isn't the power plant a 12 week strain? Also how many weeks have your plants been into flower?

Hi DrTent! Getting close to harvest? Im looking forward to read about the final results.

On another note I now have the fan and controller and everything else that I need. But I will have to wait for atleast a month to see how things develop before I start my grow, if I do it at all from this location.

Hello Greandream nice to hear from you! I harvested Saturday and will post the pictures soon. I was going to leave them 9 weeks rather then 8 but the buds hadn't been doing much for a while they never filled in that much or swelled i wasn't very happy about that. The only thing i can think it was was that I switched to ferro nutrients for flower because they made a regional nutrient for my area's water but now i'm thinking I would have been better sticking with canna all they way, oh well lesson learnt.

I don't know much about your relationship with your ex but maybe it would be a good idea to stop seeing her at all if she is going to react how she did about your plans (easier said then done i know)

Thanks for the rapport. Looking forward to see the pictures and find out how much yield you got.

As for the relationship with my ex. We were not talking much before this incident anyway, but now we are definitely through, on every level. I still want to wait for things to cool down a little bit though, since i dont trust her at all at this point.

When will you start your next grow? Do you still have plans for "The Ultimate"?

Re: DrTentgrows 600w wardrobe grow (Power Plant)

Hi Doc, Nice setup and execution my friend!:thumb: Just a quick Q+A - U mentioned u thought the 600w was overkill, was that in reference to the MH or HPS?? Im using a 400w MH atm for Veg and also have a 400HPS for Flower, I bought a 600w Sontgro HPS for this flower - trying to possibly gain some bud size and have enough light for lower canopy with 5/6ft grow..As my grow is still in Veg this is no concern yet, but what was the reason you thought it was too much, was it just the heat/space problem? Just interested to kno thats all. Thanks

Ahh not sure if i can get the pics of the plants before harvest as i took them with no sd card in my camera and it's saved to the cams memory and there seems to be no way of transferring it to the sd card and it won't work with the usb cable on windows 7. I will try again later, and will post final weight when it's dry.

greandream, yeah i think i will be doing the ultimate but hydro this time in 2 aqua farms and in a bigger area with more lighting.

Smokemupm8, I thought 600 hps or mh would be overkill because of the size of my area and heat saying that though a 600 would penetrate more so that might be worth it with a small place with lots of height? or maybe put a 600 in when buds start to develop.

Thanks Doc, yeah thats what i was reasoning with, i almost bought a dual spectrum 600w, thinking that well- the sun puts out both spectrums, and im basically using both spectrums,at different times,but still.. Thought the plants would grow better with both spectrums as opposed to one, i have seen good results with ppl using MH/HPS together so i nearly got it, but i stuk with my SONTGRO.. Im not hitting it with the 600w til flower, she's under my 400 MH atm, at 28 cm space between bottom of globe and top of plant and she s comfortable with this now thankfully.. Temps only vary between 21 dgrees and 30 at peak, RH of around 35%, not too high.. My last grow had similar temps and RH. Thanks for ur reply mate!:thumb:

Smokemup8, that sounds like a plan!

Final weight for my grow was just over 6.25 oz so not to bad for a 400w 2 plant grow in limited space. i will upload pics of the yield and a close up of the buds soon.

Yeah thats an ok harvest buddy! My single gave me 8 oz dry bud and sum popcorn to snack on.. Im really hoping to better that this grow, even a extra ounce would be sweet. but ive been told 8 oz is pretty good?? I think in pounds!! LOL.. Will chat soon mate:)

Just a little advice, if a strain says 8 weeks flower remember thats under optimum conditions with no probs at all. Its usually advised to go a week over if u arent in optimum cond's. Also optimum for one strain could be dif from another so research always helps. The extra week will alllow more resin production and more amber trichs as some density.

Yeah i am very aware of all those things and was going to go by what the microscope said. I know power plant can go 9 weeks and like you said longer if not under complete optimum conditions but i needed to use some profits from this grow to start my next one which will be a bigger area, more light, new equipment and hydroponics so cutting a week or so of this grow will probably be better for me in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom