My First Grow 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m Grow Tent 600w HID

Cheers setting sun i haven't been watering them too frequently Ive waited until the 1st inch of soil is dry before watering again but i think i might of been watering too much in one go i was watering 16 liter pots with 10 liters of water. also strangely my buds seem to be developing ok and already have lots of trichomes.

Cheers setting sun i haven't been watering them too frequently Ive waited until the 1st inch of soil is dry before watering again but i think i might of been watering too much in one go i was watering 16 liter pots with 10 liters of water. also strangely my buds seem to be developing ok and already have lots of trichomes.

Seedlings don't use much water at all, so they need to be watered a lot less often than bigger plants.

The first inch of soil may feel dry, but stick your finger down farther and you will get a better idea of what the roots are seeing.

Or, get one of those cheap meters that check for how moist your soil is. Once you use one of those for a while, you get a better sense of things and then you don't need it anymore.

regards,

SS

Here's some recent pictures of my WW's and they are not looking good they started to go slightly yellow a few weeks ago and have just got worse since. Ive tried giving them Epsom salt but it didn't seem to do any thing they had a flush but that hasn't helped. Ive just fed them full strength canna flores and a shot of veg nutes. it could be a pH problem i have a good electronic pH meter but my soil pH meter is only a cheap one.

yellowing_side_on.JPG

yellowing_bird_eye.JPG

yellowing_bed.JPG

yellowing_arountd_tops.JPG

yellow_1_leaf.JPG

I noticed some kind of bronzed red looking bits on a few buds.

red_bit_on_bud2.JPG

red_bit_bud.JPG

The buds look alright considering how yellow the leaves are. My plants have been flowering for 4 weeks.

bud_macro_2.JPG

bud_macro.JPG

all15.JPG

mate, thats very well developed for 4 weeks! , looking very good, i havnt ever had yellowing of the leaves really, and i use canna flores, but with clay pebbles. and i feed em constant during flowering... you using hard water or soft canna? ( just a thought ).
i am going to try soil next...
i would say they do look healthy even with the yellowing

Hello English grower nice to hear from you my water is fairly hard it has a E.c of 0.4 which i think is 240 ppm. Are you using hydroponics with hydro Flores? also a lot of my lower leaves are falling off i know this happens but roughly how much is normal? I will definitely be buying a Reverse osmosis machine next grow and i will also be using a soil less mix so that i have more control of the grow.

yeah lower leaves will fall off, dont worry, i just let them fall off and pick them up once they drop, if it starts going bad halfway up the plant obviously be concerned...
yeah i have used hydro and canna flores from the start,using a wilma 4 pot system with clay pebbles, and have had great results on every grow, but i find it much easier to germinate seeds in soil, so am wondering if i can mix soil and pebbles or not? on the next grow.
the only other thing i was going to say, was are your light , or lights too close to the plants? i heard too much light can bleach leaves too ( but i may be wrong)

Ive never heard of mixing clay pebbles with soil what are you germinating your seeds in? cant you use rock wool or root riot cubes with the pebbles. my lights were very close for a while (about 8-10")then i moved them up when i started thinking that light bleaching could be a problem i have 2 600w hps's very close to each other my plants cover about
1m x 1.5m i was thinking the light will be very strong in the middle where the light from both bulbs cross over each other.

some plants just yellow for no reason jeeze i ment like they just do it BECAUSE like for nothing jeeze if nothing else is wrong with it just the color but growth is find i wouldnt worry tomuch

they look awesome the leaves are'nt rotting away. i hope my grow comes out like that.
good going bro. are the trics turning amber yet? or do you have more time in the bud rm.

:smokin:

i use propergator, rockwalls, and a good light, but they kept dying, i used like 20 seeds and ended up with 4 good, or hpefully good plants, and yet had almost 100% success for first 3 grows, with just 5 seeds a time lol
and yet i put two powerplant seeds in soil, in pots outside and they are coming on great... cant work it out!
but i thought since they seem to love natural light and soil, maybe i should cary on germinating in that way, then transplant when big enoug to pots with say 75% pebbles and top layer soil, but not sure if they would like that or not
you gonna use pk 13/14 with this grow? might pay to chuck it in now, and see if it stops the yellowing

Hello Englishgrower when you say your seeds were dieing how did they die? did they flop over? i found when i used my propagator it caused little bits of mold to form on the cotyledon leaves. At the start of my grow journal i wasted £86 worth of white widow seeds because of mold so i bought some more seeds and tried it with out the lid on the propagator and they turned out fine i did my power plant seeds the same way and they were fine too. What brand of seeds are you using are you using the paper towel technique? i use paper towels and i have had 100% germination out of 25 seeds all from dutch passion also try root riot cubes for germinating Google it i found them amazing for seedlings. I gave my plants some pk 13/14 about a week ago I'm not going to worry about my plants being yellow any more I'm pretty sure its from light bleaching and they seem to be growing ok so i have raised the lights and i will have to wait and see what happens.

my seeds would grow to a certain point, ie, 4-5 days out of shell and then just start dying, crispy and brown. i think it was the heat, and yes, mould was a problem on top of the cubes, its weird, i had 4 super lemon hazes come up, they looked 'ok', then i removed the lid of the incubator, and they all dies, apart from one, within a few hours!
i always just put them in root riot cubes or normal rockwalls, point them downward, cover them up and within 2-3 days they are nicely up, and then die lol
maybe i will try cubes in pots filled with pebbles, in open air , and see what happens.
i would leave them mate, they look to be coming on really well to me!! you gonna have some fat buds off them! especially if they still have 4-5 weeks to go :)

ooh and i use powerplant dutch passion or greenhouse varieties normally, powerplant is excellent mate, very fruity, very strong and i got 6 oz from 2 plants last grow, using co2

What light are you using to germinate your seeds and what are the temp and humility (whilst germinating?) do you have a fan on them from the start? i got a pack of 5 pp seeds but they hermied on me because i made them flower to soon but thats what i will be growing next time round.

its a twin tube floresant ( spelling ) twin tube cuttings/ seeds light, its a good light...
but with it being in a small tent, in the loft, with the heat over the last month, i dont think they liked it at all.
the other 3 grows were done in much cooler conditions. not sure on temp and humidity... and no dont use a fan till i transplant usually.
i put my powerplants into flower at about a foot tall last time, and they were fine. i find they stretch too much if you leave them any longer, end up with 5 foot plants !
if you look at my posts or in the 'problems' section you will see my pics of the ones that survived and also the lemn hazes that died when i removed the propergator lid for a few hours

Back
Top Bottom