Dauzers First Journal & First Tent Grow

I did it and it went fine! Just be careful not to do it too early or too late. You have quite a big window so don't freak out too much. Looking at your picture I'd say that next week will be a bit early. Wait till you see some frost!

Did you noticed much difference in the density ? Did your one go into shock ? I would be nervous cutting tips off so close to harvest in case it went into shock and spent a week recovering. Yeah I will leave it till about 4 week or start of week 5. I'll give it a go on one of the NL and see how she goes .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Getting a little frosty now .

420-magazine-mobile413249775.jpg

This is the first week they dried out within a few days. I was only watering every 5 - 7 days before they dried out but now it's down to 3. They must really be getting hungry now

Dude, so here. Watching the Masters at work. I got two ears, two eyes and one mouth for a reason.

Sent from my XT1585 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I like you have been using my eyes and ears and trying to keep the mouth shut lol.

Iv had a few grows here and there over the years but this is my first proper one where I actually got up off my arse and bought the proper gear. First time with the additives (had a nightmare tying to figure them out) and full extraction intake system. Really seems to be helping. The temps and humidity are pretty much spot on with everything programmed. Happy days .

Did you noticed much difference in the density ? Did your one go into shock ? I would be nervous cutting tips off so close to harvest in case it went into shock and spent a week recovering. Yeah I will leave it till about 4 week or start of week 5. I'll give it a go on one of the NL and see how she goes .

It was my first grow so it was hard to tell! Don't worry at all for the "shock". I believe that your plant suffers more from heavy defoliation than from cutting the tip of the flowers ;)
I think I did the backbuilding at the end of week 6.

Sorry for the delay. Was just over in Amsterdam for the week. Love that place .

So, we are now on week 4 of flower and I must say they are really coming along. The white widows are packing some big colas on top. I got some pics with the flights off and used the flash light on my phone. Much better quality pictures.

I started them on Carboload this week. I didn't realise Carboload was 100% organic and can be used through the whole cycle vag to flower. Iv only started them on it this week and they definitely seems to be enjoying the organics.

Anyway without further ado. Picture time .

White widow
420-magazine-mobile1566964904.jpg

White window
420-magazine-mobile1556257483.jpg

Northern lights
420-magazine-mobile1229550768.jpg

Swiss cheese in the back left. White widow at the front
420-magazine-mobile2128476640.jpg

Blue cheese is at the back. Northern lights to the left and again my beautiful white widows on front right
420-magazine-mobile1514454901.jpg

Looking good! Did you try the backbuilding?

I topped two of the small buds on the northern lights. They have 4 similar side branches on the same stem so i will be able to judge if it works.

The blue cheese is coming along very slow compared to the rest. It's really frosty but the buds haven't started to fill out. I'm thinking the cheese will need longer. Iv also read that some strains of white widow can take up to 14 weeks to flower and could still go a bit longer due to having more of the sativa genetics. I'm praying I don't have this problem or it will mess with my drying a curing. I have them all timed nicely so if one or two take an extra few weeks I could be in a bit of bother.

Disaster has struck!!

I have a hermie. One of my beautiful white widows has pollen sacs .

I spotted a small fresh looking green bulb growing from one of the larger colas the other day but I thought nothing of it. After further inspection last night it's a confirmed we have a problem.

Here's a close up of one of the buds. Sorry for the picture it was hard to get a close up in that lightning.

420-magazine-mobile2093103437.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1664487766.jpg

Here's a picture of the sac and a zoomed image under a 250x microscope.

420-magazine-mobile1419645008.jpg

420-magazine-mobile130455071.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1815166848.jpg

From the last picture of inside the sac it looks like it has fully developed. The powered looks clumpy and damp. I did pull another sac off and rubbed it between my fingers (outside the tent) and there was white powder. I'm gutted!!

It's only on one of the white widows so I'm going to take her out later and get a closer look at the damage. I'm hoping to just cut the infected buds off and stick the rest back in. What do you guys think ?

I have been growing with feminised seeds for about a year now I have had a hermie before I cut them off and had no seeds in my weed just my experience tho could be wrong

I have been growing with feminised seeds for about a year now I have had a hermie before I cut them off and had no seeds in my weed just my experience tho could be wrong

Thanks man. Yeah that's what I'm planning. I had a quick look around the other buds last night and it only seems to be affecting the two larger colas. At least I can make some concentrates now a bit earlier than expected.

I know exactly what happened too. I bought a new ink-bird temperature controller and forgot the red LEDs displaying the temperature. It was in the room for about a week before I released. The white widow was the closest plant to the light. Kicking myself now.

The white widow came down last night. I didn't want to take any chances with the rest.

What ever happened with it turning hermie must of had some affect on it's harvest time. I'd say 20% of the hairs on most of the buds were amber. The other white widow is still completely white so this one must of been dying off or something. Some of the tips of the leaves were turning yellow as well so it might be a decent smoke. Most of it will be used for concentrates though.

I managed to snapped a few photos before and after the trim

420-magazine-mobile373339278.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1638385974.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1507606588.jpg

420-magazine-mobile717736439.jpg

420-magazine-mobile209024378.jpg

420-magazine-mobile265832240.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1325610836.jpg

Final wet weight 297g

Not too bad considering she was only half way through flowering. Still another 4 weeks left maybe a little less.

420-magazine-mobile368861384.jpg

I had to improvise on a drying room. I have taken over the ensuite bathroom. My partner is not best please .

Took some clones from the northern lights and white widow the other day. I have them in a propagator under a 250w CFL 6500k.

In going to leave them grow under the 250w for the next 2 weeks and then stick them outside. I live in Ireland so I'm not expecting much, the rain we had the other day would have tore them apart lol but hey it's worth a shot and I won't have space in my room for them anyway

420-magazine-mobile2032197867.jpg

420-magazine-mobile987957704.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1204875602.jpg

It's been a bit of a rocky road the past few weeks but things are final starting to settle and buds are flourishing. After taking out the white widow it gave the northern light and blue cheese a bit more wiggle room. I must say that northern lights is a monster. It's spread across both lights and the side shoots are growing like crazy. I spent the past 2 nights suspending all the side branching, it is at least 7ft now maybe more, I'll be able to measure once it comes out for harvest. Right now I just need to keep those frosty nugs up.

I had the lights off for a bit earlier and managed to get some photos.

Starting week 6 on day 35

They had a feed last night, AN Bloom 2 part, b52, big bud, carboload and sensizym. They'll be coming off the big bud going into week 7 and starting the overdrive for the last 3 weeks.

So after running into multiple problems with temperatures and humidity I purchased a RVK intake fan to replace the bathroom Intake I was using. The bathroom fan had good air flow and completely silent but I couldn't control the speeds. I went with an RVK 100E2, it's 175m/hr and oh boy has it made a difference. If I move the temp dial on the controller by even 1 degree it raises or decreases the temps in the room by 1 degree. Before what ever was happening it just changed temps without doing anything, I'm assuming it was due to the bathroom fan not having enough airflow to directly affect temperatures. Anyway things are flying it and I'm hoping for a great harvest.

Northern lights

All those buds visible in the first photo are the Northern Light side branches

420-magazine-mobile2093865448.jpg

420-magazine-mobile617588756.jpg

420-magazine-mobile24748532.jpg

420-magazine-mobile848573905.jpg

The remaining White Widow .

420-magazine-mobile1537914749.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1795264887.jpg

Swiss Cheese (Apologises for the poor quality photos)

420-magazine-mobile1114080756.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1418217939.jpg

The Window Widow that's in drying in my ghetto dry room .

I used the ink bird temp controller and hooked up a fan heater, it's staying at a cool 22C with humidity at around 55%. I'm using a small fixed fan to move air but it's not directed at the buds. I had issues before with buds drying to fast. It tasted like dirty bong water haha.

420-magazine-mobile2041357453.jpg

420-magazine-mobile453718864.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1798795103.jpg

One of the bigger nugs. They didn't get that frosty, id say partly due to the pollen sacs and 4 week early chop lol

420-magazine-mobile2007244040.jpg

Back
Top Bottom