Any guesses on what week of flower this is?

JMichael

I'm pretty new to growing (tried one outdoor grow and one indoor stealth grow) neither of which was really successful. Now I'm trying a full on indoor grow. But to make a long story short, I have this plant that I don't know how long it's been flowering. This variety has a 56 day flower cycle based on what I've read. But since I don't know the date that I actually flipped it to 12/12, I don't have a very good idea on when to expect to harvest. Here is a bud from the middle of the plant. The pistils of the top buds have all turned brown and curled up, you can see what this one is doing, and the pistils from the buds in the lower parts of the plant are still all greenish white. The trichs are all cloudy or clear (I'm guessing about 20-25% are clear), no amber detected anywhere. My best guess is worthless, as I would have guessed that I would have already harvested based on the date I thought I flipped to 12/12. Based on the clones I took from this plant and my grow log, it takes an avg of 2 weeks from flip to first sign of flowering. If I don't add that 2 weeks to the flowering time, then it should have been harvested today. So anyone want to offer an educated or experienced guess as to how much longer before harvest?

DSC01039_zpsqeu6d17w.jpg

From experience, I'd say that's about 40 days deep right now, and will finish in 65 days.
[IMO] Feed for 14 more days, flush with 6.0 water at 0-100ppm, for 10, and chop.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Agree with the doctor.... Your trichs are clear and not mushroom capped. Or curling back I see a lil amber but you definitely still have a couple weeks

Sent from my Robin using --------

Hmm...I'd say you are about at week 6. Those pistols are turning and starting to recede...IMO

Up with hope, down with dope!
Yes but no mushroom cap and still a lil clear. Its all a preference. I am a couch lock guy. So I push her to 30% amber then flush. During my flush I would say a decent swelling happens BC of the plant using up the nutes. And catches any leeching salts. So give her a couple for feedings then flush is my method but like I said it's a preference. Check your trichs to make sure they are where you want them.

Yes but no mushroom cap and still a lil clear. Its all a preference. I am a couch lock guy. So I push her to 30% amber then flush. During my flush I would say a decent swelling happens BC of the plant using up the nutes. And catches any leeching salts. So give her a couple for feedings then flush is my method but like I said it's a preference. Check your trichs to make sure they are where you want them.

The trichs do not lie. I would make sure they are swelling and look like they are about to pop and milky white. Your pistils can recess a little more and the calyxes are still swelling. I flush for about 2 weeks, using sledgehammer from fox farms.

OK see I thought you was saying less time I apologise, I definitely agree two weeks she should be done for peak THC, I Am personal preference is couch lock so I would feed one more week then flush for two. But your gonna get different answers BC of preference

Well I haven't figured out how to get a pic to display but if this link works, here is a pic of one of the upper buds if that helps any. It's got a little blur to it but it was the best I could get at the time. And thank all of you for taking the time to respond.
First grow - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Do you have a jewelers magnifying glass?? As mentioned above, I wait until about 20% are amber. Just because a strain says "56 days" flower doesn't mean it has to be done at that time. If you still have a large number of clear trichs, I'd wait for some amber to pop up and more clear to go ⛅️. They look very nice .

Do you have a jewelers magnifying glass?? As mentioned above, I wait until about 20% are amber. Just because a strain says "56 days" flower doesn't mean it has to be done at that time. If you still have a large number of clear trichs, I'd wait for some amber to pop up and more clear to go ⛅️. They look very nice .

I've got a 50x that I use to check the trichs with. This strain is Heavyweight seeds Fruit Punch, and based on what I've read about it, it would not be a good choice for couch lock. Effects for it are listed as energetic, happy, uplifted, euphoric, and talkative. So what should I expect the effects to differ if I harvested it prior to 10% am
ber?

I've got a 50x that I use to check the trichs with. This strain is Heavyweight seeds Fruit Punch, and based on what I've read about it, it would not be a good choice for couch lock. Effects for it are listed as energetic, happy, uplifted, euphoric, and talkative. So what should I expect the effects to differ if I harvested it prior to 10% am
ber?

If you don't want couch lock, then shoot for mostly milky trichs. A few amber is ok. That is why I shoot for 80/20 milky/amber. The . is what you want. And the trichs should swell like a purple yogurt slinger, they will look like they about to pop.

If you don't want couch lock, then shoot for mostly milky trichs. A few amber is ok. That is why I shoot for 80/20 milky/amber. The . is what you want. And the trichs should swell like a purple yogurt slinger, they will look like they about to pop.

Ah, that's good to hear. I recently read some info about how early vs late harvest is part of the determining factor for whether it's a head high or couch lock smoke and wasn't sure how accurate that was. Not sure what a purple yogurt slinger is though(must be a local thing), so I'm lost on that part. haha And do you happen to have a reference pic on what you mean when you say they look like they are about to explode?

Ah, that's good to hear. I recently read some info about how early vs late harvest is part of the determining factor for whether it's a head high or couch lock smoke and wasn't sure how accurate that was. Not sure what a purple yogurt slinger is though(must be a local thing), so I'm lost on that part. haha And do you happen to have a reference pic on what you mean when you say they look like they are about to explode?

It means when your dick is about to explode. . like a mushroom top. They swell significantly when they are ready; you will notice the difference.

Well, still here 4 weeks later and still stacking on the trichs and waiting on some amber trichs to show up. A couple of the top buds started to get some amber in them and I wanted to try a little harvested early to compare to normal harvest so I have harvested a few buds. The fan leaves started turning yellow a few days ago. Any day now - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Now that is hilarious. Good comparison.still laughing my ass off. Nailed it!!
It means when your dick is about to explode. . like a mushroom top. They swell significantly when they are ready; you will notice the difference.

Back
Top Bottom