Any other Aussies here?

Yeah, got a fem white widow and 2 regular afghani. Very happy with them. Great stealthy packaging.
I'll prob start up a journal once get a bit more established. Have a baby due any day now and have just moved into a new house.
I'm down in Tassie and I think they have fairly strict quarantine measures to stop organic products coming in so am super happy the seeds arrived!

Not as many varieties to choose from but can vouch for Nice Chunk and Marion Davies nice nuggety produce from them in and outdoors (QLD). Trying 3 more strains Bubblefuck (Alaskan Thunderfuck x Bubblegum) , Chung Lee (LA Confidential x Afgooey) and Event Horizon (ChemD x White Rhino) soon to test for mould resistance. Marion Davies was prone to mould in and outdoors even with the lower humidity of winter ...outdoor summer flowering in sub tropics ..forget it. Chung Lee is reputed to be a bit mould resistant ... we'll see! Cheers PB
If this post doesn't read quite right it is because it has been edited by mods...fair enough as the seed bank isn't a sponsor , no problems. Anyway I received my new seeds in great time considering they were ordered just prior to Xmas ..ordered 12/12/2014 arrived 29/12/2014. My order was a 2 for one deal on reg. seeds so I got 20 each of the abovementioned strains plus 5 seeds of an unreleased strain Golden Fleece. Golden Fleece's genetics - MangoHerer x Orient Express grows indica in veg. then sends up long colas (sativa-like) in early flower.... 60/40 ind/sat... 9 week flower. The genes of Orient Express (Vietnam Black x China Yunnan) hopefully will bring some mould resistance and handle the local humidity better. Cheers PB

That's good man, both great strains too.
I hear you there man, I restarted my grow not long after my 6month old was born and we moved a week or two before baby came out. All I can say is cherish the moment and the time you get to spent with the young bub :) Congrats to bro!
That's good they got through helps a lot when its just mail not boxes and such aswell.

Yeah PB sometimes its just best not to mention unsponsored company's, most of my grow atm is non sponsored stuff so I just say strain name and led instead of brand here now, its a pain but a good forum.

Good to see and hear of all your strains sounds good.
Heard a little bout golden fleece and wanted to get some of those beans myself will be good to see how it grows out :thumb:

Thanks Dude! Yeah we have a 1 year old as well so it's all systems go around here at the moment.
Is it true that if they get stopped you just receive a letter/card stating that it's not allowed?

Oh yeah will be full on times ahead the next few years haaha
Yeah mate it is as far as I've heard, never had seeds stopped but had a pocket knife stopped and got a letter and everywhere I've read people have just got letters aswell, only concern would be if they put it in a database for cops to check out or something but I don't think it really matters with personal use their always after the big commercial farms in our country

Been reading your threads dude you struggle with humidity and stuff? I just moved Down from nth qld it's the same up there! Are you from up those ways my man? So lucky I don't have to worry too much about humidity where I live. I kore have to worry about keeping temps up I guess in winter venting straight from outside.

yeah man posts are very readable and I hear ya on the alcohol thing haha
Nah man I'm a Vic dweller myself haha, so everything's always a bunch of different conditions no matter what season winter gets cold and humid, summer is usually hot and dry but right now its kissing rain for 3 days and humid as, I really need to work on more controlled climate but its a matter of finishing one or 2 grows to help get some extra cash for equipment I want haha
Managed to drop my hygrometre in my bubble bucket couple of weeks back now I have no idea how my humidity is going
I could imagine qld would be quiet intense with indoor growing plus its very strict up that way now, where you are now should be alright I've always found it easier to keep temps up and lower humidity rather then cool tent down and raise humidity

Lol... My head hurts. I'm running a 400 for veg and a 400 and 600 for flower. I move them up as they get bigger. Finish them off under a 600. One plant per light, scrog.

Been reading your threads dude you struggle with humidity and stuff? I just moved Down from nth qld it's the same up there! Are you from up those ways my man? So lucky I don't have to worry too much about humidity where I live. I kore have to worry about keeping temps up I guess in winter venting straight from outside.
Maybe you are referring to me about humidity ? Yes I am in QLD drier winters hot humid wet summers. I have grown indoors in winter vegging 1 x 400 wt Son T on a light rail then budding by adding another 400 wt Son T (800 wt's) and had temps. as high as 35 C running the cycle at night. Mould indoors was only an issue with touching or crowded foliage as my extraction and circulation fans were very effective. Room 2.2 m long x 1.2 wide by ceiling height 2.1m using a 2 metre light rail. I used a CAN FAN CARBON FILTER 160 attached to a CAN FAN RS150mm 470 m2/hr and that sucked the walls in. Waste air was directing into an aircon duct that had been disconnected in the roof space and fixed just under a roof Whirly Bird air extractor. No smell or light could be detected. I would kill for the low humidity of the southern summer sometimes but the extended growing season makes up for it. Finding an adaptable strain that is disease and pest resistant is part of the fun of growing so each grow should reveal a few more indicators on what strain and/or combination grows best. A vial bitter tasting breed may be the only way to beat my local mull munching rodents that got through my chicken wire fences. Last season 3 outdoories two top heads chewed off by rats leaving their tell tale teeth marks in the stems. These are native rats so I'll have to invest in smaller mesh as I will not trap or bait in the bush as that is incredibly irresponsible and should never be done. Time for more billys. Cheers PB

Hey Pat, nah I was actually referring to Sirbudlovski :) yeah North queensland for me was always a drama. Loving the temps and humidity down here. Sounds like you've got a good set up dude. Haha damn rats stealing your crop!

Gday Skip, I have a Cousin in Port Douglas.
It's either Stinkin Hot, or Stinkin Hot and Wet :laughtwo:

Hello Skip

Hello wobbler

and welcome to :420:

There's a growing number of us here, and look forward to seeing a post here about a link to a journal from you two :)

If you need a hand, don't be shy :)

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom