Aquaponics help

S

SEO Parasite

Hi
Need advice

2 months since start

I've got a small aquaponics system I got for my balcony, to see if it's cracked up to what it claims.
So far in Australian winter it's not too bad.
Week 2 I added kale and lettuce to get the bio system started
Week 6 after cycle and all the bio start stuff I added the fish, 4 goldfish.
Week 7 added 4 more fish
Week 8 is where I'm at now

I want to put 1 auto fem blue dream in
I've got about 2 weeks before I need to find it a permanent home.

Is it too early to put in the aquaponics system, my friend said wait I should wait a few months to build a good bio system or I won't get maximum results.

At the moment it's a close call
Aquaponics kale is a little bigger than soil, but there's alot of new growth coming so I know something is working better than the soil ones.

Should I go ahead now or wait a few weeks more ???

Thankyou for reading
Hope to learn something from any comments

Attachments

• IMG20200815110154.jpg
    IMG20200815110154.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG20200815222430.jpg
    IMG20200815222430.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG20200815110154.jpg
    IMG20200815110154.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • export1597836781937.jpg
    export1597836781937.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 45
I have no idea about aquaponics, but I do watch bobs aquaponics on YouTube. That is a sweet little setup mate!

Me too
I had some money to burn and found it on YouTube a few months back.
Bob's good, I just watched one of his videos and he knows his stuff, cheers.

My first real attempt will be this,
2 plants, pineapple chunk, liberty haze.
Outdoors location ( I'm in Australia )
This system is the most reliable one to run off solar panels for me due to the 2 small pumps you need. I bought a large one and realised my location couldn't handle it I found this unit for $250 and bought 2, once I figure out how to get my heavier equipment ( bigger batteries to handle a 20 plant system ) to my grow location I'll be able to use a shed and put lights on the big system to maximize everything.

I'm not to worried about the growth speed yet. I'm doing it for the taste and to see if I can boost the THC levels as a bonus.
The seeds I picked are off there heads for taste.
Pineapple chunk was my favourite until I opened a bag of liberty I had and this batch the lemon after taste is so good, I'm really falling in love with the fruity after taste plants.

If it does do the 3 times everything else I'll be even more pumped.

He certainly does! Thoroughly enjoy his videos. I'm in Australia aswell. I hear good things about pineapple chunk and is definitely on list of must tries I did do a pineapple kush that was quite fruity. I'm currently kicking back on a very berry like pheno of Northern lights I just finished and oh man I can see why so many peeps love it got a piney pheno type aswell but haven't tried her yet! 20plants! That sounds like a pretty cool setup! I hope you journal along the way, it would be cool to see how it all goes and maybe learn a thing or too on the way.

:welcome: to :420:

I will be no help on the aquaponics but it is very interesting, I do run hydro but I have no fish in the system :laugh: . If you have a journal you should post a link and I will try follow along your interesting adventure here, if you want to make a journal just let me know and I would love to explain that.

If you have not yet seen New Members - Please Read I highly recommend, it will answer a lot of questions on using this amazing forum
:passitleft:

I looked at aquaponics a number years ago, you are going to run into problems with some of the main macro nutrients which is processed from the fish poo in you grow beds.

I'm reasonable sure you are going to get problems with K - potassium which is pretty important in the flowering stage so you may expect a def issue or smaller buds than average.

Whilst N - nitrogen should not be issue coupled with P - phosphorus.

I'm reasonable sure there is micro nutrient issue with one of em & normally a supplement is added to the fish tank with out ill health to the fish... scratching head on that one... Iron but don't quote me on that one, non mobile nutrient PH sensitive normally chelated .

I looked at aquaponics a number years ago, you are going to run into problems with some of the main macro nutrients which is processed from the fish poo in you grow beds.

I'm reasonable sure you are going to get problems with K - potassium which is pretty important in the flowering stage so you may expect a def issue or smaller buds than average.

Whilst N - nitrogen should not be issue coupled with P - phosphorus.

I'm reasonable sure there is micro nutrient issue with one of em & normally a supplement is added to the fish tank with out ill health to the fish... scratching head on that one... Iron but don't quote me on that one, non mobile nutrient PH sensitive normally chelated .

I found you have to over crowd the grow bed to really filter the goodness from the water with aquaponics.

The water
I bought 50 litres from the shop, straight out of there system to help kick start mine, I think that's why I'm only a handful of people getting early results.

After a few YouTube vids I bought a few tests to help with the problems you mentioned.

I saw a sweet Aquaponics setup outside in Northern California last summer. Ukiah area. It was like a dispensary/farm and they had a lot more fish and plants. They had a whole ecosystem, seemed like. Too cool! I like your setup. I say plug her in, what could it hurt.
I got 2 sick looking ones and put them in.

Attachments

• IMG20200820203719.jpg
    IMG20200820203719.jpg
    960 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom